The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Problem is changing the general aestetic of gluttons means changing all the actual plastic range, since every mini is based on them. And I really don't see Ogors ever being as popular enough to justify such a range overall. 

By that logic, we would never get any new ranges as GW wouldn't know if they would sell. 

Ogres will either get the beastmen treatment or the skaven/lizardman/soulblight treatment and seeing as there has been new gorgers lately I'm inclined to think they'll get the latter treatment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

44€. All the prices are a few pages back both in euros and dollars. 

Thank you kindly, found it :)

Considering it's $67.50 CAD I'm glad I picked up a skaventide half for 110! Immense.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

EC: Melee-Oriented with sonic weaponry (glass cannon extraordinaire). 

I don't know if that counts, but in Heresy, EC are really hard to hit in melee, and most of the time, they win their fights doing a minimum damage back, but enough damage to make the enemy run for their lives. 

I'm not sure if 40k can handle an army-mechanic with a similar concept.

7 hours ago, Ogregut said:

By that logic, we would never get any new ranges as GW wouldn't know if they would sell. 

Ogres will either get the beastmen treatment or the skaven/lizardman/soulblight treatment and seeing as there has been new gorgers lately I'm inclined to think they'll get the latter treatment. 

There is an other way : the FeC treatment, as I pointed out in my last message.

I do agree, that there is a risk of circular reasoning (this army doesn't sell well, so we don't give it anything, so it doesn't sell well, so.. Etc), but I also believe that some armies are conceptually worst sellers than others. 

Let me take an exemple that I've already used about this kind of debate: 40k's genestealer cult. They've got a tons of new characters, full plastics range, and they are still the least played 40k army. There is a lot of reasons for this, like the fact that they aren't cheap and are rather difficult to paint. But there is also the important fact that mutants space beggars will NEVER sell as well as nobles space knights or regular army men in spaaace. You could give them a huge range, op rules and they will still not appeal to most. 

I'm not saying Ogors are in the same place in AoS than Genestealers in 40k, but I do think that they are inherently worst sellers than a lot of armies, that they don't have the broad appeal of CoS or chaos warriors, and thus are less likely to have the kind range overall that Skaven or Seraphon got. 

Imho, something of the caliber of what FeC got is way more likely, and would already be a huge thing. So keeping the plastics (like fec's Ghouls and big beasties), hading a huge center piece (like Ushoran), a bunch of characters and a new unit (morbegh knights) . It just seems more believable, and even more when 4th edition already got the huge skaven overall and still has to welcome the Scions of Hashut. 

11 hours ago, Hollow said:

Updated kits for Gluttons, Leadbelchers, Ironguts and Yehtees with 4 new plastic Character kits. (With a new kit or two via Underworlds/Warcry) and the range would be "complete". 

We can add frost sabres (resin) to the list  for a total of 8/9 new kits.

Gorgers mawpack really showed the potential of this faction and they have been used as "poster boys" for Ogors 4th edition "in a nutshell " by GW .

rtimpue96zhrpqav.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

44 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

I do agree, that there is a risk of circular reasoning (this army doesn't sell well, so we don't give it anything, so it doesn't sell well, so.. Etc), but I also believe that some armies are conceptually worst sellers than others. 

Let me take an exemple that I've already used about this kind of debate: 40k's genestealer cult. They've got a tons of new characters, full plastics range, and they are still the least played 40k army. There is a lot of reasons for this, like the fact that they aren't cheap and are rather difficult to paint. But there is also the important fact that mutants space beggars will NEVER sell as well as nobles space knights or regular army men in spaaace. You could give them a huge range, op rules and they will still not appeal to most. 

I'm not saying Ogors are in the same place in AoS than Genestealers in 40k, but I do think that they are inherently worst sellers than a lot of armies, that they don't have the broad appeal of CoS or chaos warriors, and thus are less likely to have the kind range overall that Skaven or Seraphon got. 

Imho, something of the caliber of what FeC got is way more likely, and would already be a huge thing. So keeping the plastics (like fec's Ghouls and big beasties), hading a huge center piece (like Ushoran), a bunch of characters and a new unit (morbegh knights) . It just seems more believable, and even more when 4th edition already got the huge skaven overall and still has to welcome the Scions of Hashut. 

in terms of FeC we got 

• 2 new units 
  • Warcry band
  • Redone hero
  • 5 new characters
  • 1 new centerpiece
  • 1 ¿2? underworlds

so could be a nice, but small update for ogors.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Gorgers mawpack really showed the potential of this faction and they have been used as "poster boys" for Ogors 4th edition "in a nutshell " by GW .

rtimpue96zhrpqav.jpg

My horse for a day to check the pc where all those already sculpted minis are.

• LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, cyrus said:

rtimpue96zhrpqav.jpg

They also need a named big hero to lead their army 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Swamp Trogg said:

S2D, Ogors and CoS, as Skaven or SCE will end the edition will end the edition with less warscrolls that they end third edition.

1 hour ago, Gotz said:

in terms of FeC we got 

• 2 new units 
  • Warcry band
  • Redone hero
  • 5 new characters
  • 1 new centerpiece
  • 1 ¿2? underworlds

wait, 2 underworld warband? any rumor for this ?

13 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

GJKhWDDWEAAo0W1-1024x1024.jpg

We got these guys in about June this year. They were the second UW team FEC got after the first lot:

InStores-Sept28-Grymwatch2dfg-1.jpg

There wasn't a lot of fanfare mind you!

thx, I was thinking 2 warband after Fec wave.

for feature of FEC,

I think there coulde be a small wave for refine 20 years old ghouls or those knight hero, split to specialized, just like ghoul courier to Marrowscrol & Decapitator

Edited by Greene
more though
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Greene said:

thx, I was thinking 2 warband after Fec wave.

for feature of FEC,

I think there coulde be a small wave for refine 20 years old ghouls or those knight hero, split to specialized, just like ghoul courier to Marrowscrol & Decapitator

I think they've almost definitely redesigned them for sure as I imagine they probably have redesigned the entire range at the same time but are choosing to not release them straight away. With mentions of the SBGL Zombie Dragon getting redone by @Whitefang back me up, maybe the FEC one will get redone at the same time or shortly after? That seems like the perfect time 😁

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, Gotz said:

in terms of FeC we got 

• 2 new units 
  • Warcry band
  • Redone hero
  • 5 new characters
  • 1 new centerpiece
  • 1 ¿2? underworlds

Would still be more units than Fyrslayers, or any armies that will only get a single character. 

So no small update imho, but a good one. I just don't see them getting a Skaven treatment any day soon. 

Edited by Swamp Trogg

5 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Would still be more units than Fyrslayers, or any armies that will only get a single character. 

So no small update imho, but a good one. I just don't see them getting a Skaven treatment any day soon. 

No army that is not part of the launch box will have such a massive treatment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

At the end of Warhammer Day's stream, the hosts mentioned the next Online Preview in November : do we know when exactly, or for what event ?

World champion i belive it was last year 

Yep it was world champion i remeber now nov 23 they show off FEc wave and the controversial Tomb dragon 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-gb/articles/Z5DhgRry/world-championships-of-warhammer-preview-all-the-reveals/

Edited by Dragon-knight77

7 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

At the end of Warhammer Day's stream, the hosts mentioned the next Online Preview in November : do we know when exactly, or for what event ?

This year the preview should be Saturday 23rd of November in Atlanta ,USA. 

12 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Last year was on the 18th, so it looks like the 23rd.

I'm going the opposite route with a massive ogor refresh. My logic here is if they do indeed go to scale to match gorgers and the warhulk then they will be a lot smaller and more elite army. Think about all these trogg lists where there's like 20 models. 

If the basic ogor scales up and moves to a 50mm scale then a 3 pack infantry kit can just be loaded with option like the rockgut kit thus needed less refreshed kits. 

Two boxes of infantry could potentially make every unit available. Throw in a few foot heros, and two larger kits and you've got a full refresh! 

As far as them not being popular all i speak for is myself and I'd totally jump on board if they refreshed to the warhulk standard. I just don't want to invest in the current old kits. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2