The Rumour Thread

Bit curious where people get the  information on what sells well or not. I’m forever getting videos popping up on YouTube claiming skaventide tanked and I’m just wondering how accurate that is?

Just now, Clewzy said:

Bit curious where people get the  information on what sells well or not. I’m forever getting videos popping up on YouTube claiming skaventide tanked and I’m just wondering how accurate that is?

No one knows other than GW knows, it's all guesswork, personal opinions and in the case of you tubers, clickbait. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

a couple of mentions to vanguard chamber... just fluff or we have something to speculate on? 

New underworlds warband is thunderstrike vanguard... (and I kind of like more the old vanguard designs... )

50 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Being 3 models per unit, they are not as obnoxious as other cavalry units. Charge rerolls and strike first is godsend with Warrior Chamber and Anti-Infantry, they can have good damage output if they look for the right target.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Clewzy said:

No one can know that, but @Chikout did a really hard work getting as much data as possible:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gotz said:

a couple of mentions to vanguard chamber... just fluff or we have something to speculate on? 

New underworlds warband is thunderstrike vanguard... (and I kind of like more the old vanguard designs... )

I think they are just forgetting about the Extremis chamber... or they are just mentioning the "infantry" chambers, Ruination, Warrior and Vanguard.

Also, this particular unit and the Vanguard chamber are linked.

Edited by Ejecutor

5 minutes ago, Draznak said:

New Underworlds article :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-gb/articles/6JiU5UP4/nicks-top-10-things-about-the-new-warhammer-underworlds-part-one/

And... Have you noticed cogs in the new Underworlds emblem ?

Just sayin...

Reveal hidden contents

GZdBfxRWIAAXiz3?format=jpg&name=medium

I was thinking the other day if they would take back some sort of UW scenery... but I cannot guess how Embergard and cogs could fit apart from the endless spell or a cogfort/ dispossessed creations.

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Being 3 models per unit, they are not as obnoxious as other cavalry units. Charge rerolls and strike first is godsend with Warrior Chamber and Anti-Infantry, they can have good damage output if they look for the right target.

Yeah I want them for sure. You have a unit of 5 warrior models go down then translocate these guys across the board if you aren't in range and it could be a lot of fun especially if you get the 8 cast and they get -1 to hit against them after their attacks.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Clewzy said:

If its not just people ragebaiting there are a few ways to get a broad idea. From that thread linked above for one, but if you know people who work for retailers you can get a generally good idea of how stuff is doing. Not to mention we know at least 24k copies were being held as stock for the GW webstore, which recently went out of stock. If we assume the product didn't get pulled and was actually sold through we can say that, on the GW online store at least, Skaventide took 3 months to sell 24k copies.

From what I've been told and the little insight I have into it, Skaventide doesn't seem to have been anywhere near equivalent to something like Leviathan. And I dont mean slightly smaller I mean a drop in the ocean in comparison. I know a few places who have already said for them Hivestorm outsold Skaventide within 2 days. How GW measures success or what their targets are for the game is anyone's guess though and more importantly the health and success of the game is more than its launch box.

Just anecdotally my local sold less Skaventide than Dominion (somehow) but AOS4 is the first time I've actually seen such a regular and large local AOS scene developing. 2nd and 3rd were basically dead games outside of a slowly shrinking monthly meetup. 4th actually has people looking for weekly games now and loads of new players*

*but hey guess what, none of these people bought Skaventide.

22 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Skaventide doesn't seem to have been anywhere near equivalent to something like Leviathan.

Leviathan should not be used as an argument. Not even the whole TOW release can even think to scratch a bit of that.

I cannot imagine what would happen if the amazon show/movie whatever can do for 40k... 

9 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

If its not just people ragebaiting there are a few ways to get a broad idea. From that thread linked above for one, but if you know people who work for retailers you can get a generally good idea of how stuff is doing. Not to mention we know at least 24k copies were being held as stock for the GW webstore, which recently went out of stock. If we assume the product didn't get pulled and was actually sold through we can say that, on the GW online store at least, Skaventide took 3 months to sell 24k copies.

From what I've been told and the little insight I have into it, Skaventide doesn't seem to have been anywhere near equivalent to something like Leviathan. And I dont mean slightly smaller I mean a drop in the ocean in comparison. I know a few places who have already said for them Hivestorm outsold Skaventide within 2 days. How GW measures success or what their targets are for the game is anyone's guess though and more importantly the health and success of the game is more than its launch box.

Just anecdotally my local sold less Skaventide than Dominion (somehow) but AOS4 is the first time I've actually seen such a regular and large local AOS scene developing. 2nd and 3rd were basically dead games outside of a slowly shrinking monthly meetup. 4th actually has people looking for weekly games now and loads of new players*

*but hey guess what, none of these people bought Skaventide.

If you go my tournament data the AoS playerbase is about a quarter of the size of 40k, and the most popular faction is played by about 10% of the player base compared to the 50% of people who play marines. That makes marines 20 times as popular as the most popular AoS faction.

So if Skaventide managed to do half Leviathan's numbers that should be considered a success. 

Hivestorm had fewer tokens printed than Skaventide so it's safe to assume they printed fewer copies. It still hasn't sold out on warhammer.com. 

If the way I've been checking is accurate, Element games is the store with the largest stock of both Skaventide and Hivestorm. Here's a couple of interesting screenshots. Screenshot_20241009-232036.png.8b1a3304173a13da1d1cf9529bc02ea1.pngScreenshot_20241009-232019.png.0038029d38de5a87b6d46c08cdf40c06.png

If that's accurate Element games still has over 2000 copies of Hivestorm and over 600 copies of Skaventide left. When I started tracking the numbers, they had 810 copies of Skaventide left, so they have been selling consistently but not rapidly, perhaps because they only offer a 15% discount. Wayland games which has a 20% discount has been selling quite a bit faster. They had 320 copies left when I started tracking and now they have less than 70. 

Some people say GW has liquidated it's remaining stock of Skaventide but if that's true why is it still available in Australia? 

GW put out a trading update at the end of September before the launch of Hivestorm. They said sales were in line with expectations. 

My conclusion is that Skaventide has been a solid release for GW, not a sales smash hit but certainly not a flop. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Gotz said:

It more just the connection between the new Warrior chamber Palladors and the Vanguard chamber Palladors

Underworld gave a preview of the Vanguard hunters and they honestly just look 1:1 the same only slimmer cause Thunderstrike. The only like big noticeable disparity is that this warband of three don't have the lion helms which we do know what they sorta look like with the Warcry warband 

File:Vanguard-Hunter M03.jpg

CDN media

01-01.jpg?fm=webp&w=670

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

New Underworlds article :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-gb/articles/6JiU5UP4/nicks-top-10-things-about-the-new-warhammer-underworlds-part-one/

And... Have you noticed cogs in the new Underworlds emblem ?

Just sayin...

Reveal hidden contents

GZdBfxRWIAAXiz3?format=jpg&name=medium

Rules look good

but I wouldn't look that in depth with the logo less we remeber the predecessor totally not Bonesplitterz logo

I know we have slight confirmation on the Chorfs but i don't think this a connection to that

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clewzy said:

Through the grapevine it was the second best selling product of GWs history, second only to Leviathan. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10
  • LOVE IT! 6

29 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Through the grapevine it was the second best selling product of GWs history, second only to Leviathan. 

Than we will see some spectactular numbers when the june 2024 to november 2024 financial report is released in january 2025.

Edited by Tonhel

52 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

That is really good to hear, a good omen for 4th edition and great news for the game as a whole!

Probably still won't shut up the people who desperately wanted and still want the AoS4 to be a failure.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Probably still won't shut up the people who desperately wanted and still want the AoS4 to be a failure.

On the other side of the coin there are those who despise anything that even bears a hint of the old world. Skaven proved those people to be utterly in the wrong as well. As usual, most people aren't in the extremes but just want a cool faction, models, and a fun game to enjoy.

I really hope this inspires GW to commit more fully into other factions as well because when you give people new stuff to enjoy the hype train find steam on its own. Even without Skaventide, the UW Skaven models are just fire.

• Like 2