The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Through the grapevine it was the second best selling product of GWs history, second only to Leviathan. 

Now a ton of people will have to shut up who claim that Skaven aren't as popular as the internet makes them out to be and "it's just the same few guys spamming all channels". YES-YES, beaches. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, cyrus said:

We can add frost sabres (resin) to the list  for a total of 8/9 new kits.

Gorgers mawpack really showed the potential of this faction and they have been used as "poster boys" for Ogors 4th edition "in a nutshell " by GW .

rtimpue96zhrpqav.jpg

I cant wait to see what a Glutton update will look like. Ive already started saving.

10 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

My horse for a day to check the pc where all those already sculpted minis are.

I would pay damn fine money to as well!!

10 hours ago, Grunbag said:

They also need a named big hero to lead their army 

GLOBB GLITTERMAW!!

5 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm going the opposite route with a massive ogor refresh. My logic here is if they do indeed go to scale to match gorgers and the warhulk then they will be a lot smaller and more elite army. Think about all these trogg lists where there's like 20 models. 

If the basic ogor scales up and moves to a 50mm scale then a 3 pack infantry kit can just be loaded with option like the rockgut kit thus needed less refreshed kits. 

Two boxes of infantry could potentially make every unit available. Throw in a few foot heros, and two larger kits and you've got a full refresh! 

As far as them not being popular all i speak for is myself and I'd totally jump on board if they refreshed to the warhulk standard. I just don't want to invest in the current old kits. 

Mate Id absolutely love this to happen. I really want Ogors to be massive and terrifying. Smaller units, bigger models?

Sign me up.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zamik said:

God, imagine your finger slips and you purchase £341,000 of models! I'm getting nervous just looking at it!

Look honey I know I said I wouldn't start a new army but with this many clanrats how could I afford not to? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate Id absolutely love this to happen. I really want Ogors to be massive and terrifying. Smaller units, bigger models?

Sign me up.

Yeah, that would be for me the best way to redo Ogors, make them very elite, not like Sons of Behemat ofcourse, but a bit stronger, a bit more health. Let's say 50-60% of the powerlevel of a mancrusher.

So 100% smaller units, but bigger models. 😄

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

So with the Emperors children having been teased how long of a turn around between faction tease and release. 

Clearly they are the next big new line so I assume Hashut will forge Chaos Dwarfs  in the wings while Fulgrim has some future fun? 

Just now, Neverchosen said:

So with the Emperors children having been teased how long of a turn around between faction tease and release. 

Clearly they are the next big new line so I assume Hashut will forge Chaos Dwarfs  in the wings while Fulgrim has some future fun? 

I hope that's not the case, it would mean the end of 2025 for Hashut.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I cant wait to see what a Glutton update will look like. Ive already started saving.

I would pay damn fine money to as well!!

GLOBB GLITTERMAW!!

Sign me up.

I love my Beastclaw raiders but have held off on any Gutbusters... this will likely lead me to getting some once they release. Hopefully I can get a little Spearhead with a heavy focus on Hungry Infantry

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

For comparison World Eaters were first announced in May 2022 and released in Feburary 2023. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, that would be for me the best way to redo Ogors, make them very elite, not like Sons of Behemat ofcourse, but a bit stronger, a bit more health. Let's say 50-60% of the powerlevel of a mancrusher.

So 100% smaller units, but bigger models. 😄

Mate this is such a perfect description of what Id like to see. I absolutely love it!!

39 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

That's what I'm hoping for. 🤞

Fingers and toes crossed and thrown into the Mawpit for good luck.

25 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I love my Beastclaw raiders but have held off on any Gutbusters... this will likely lead me to getting some once they release. Hopefully I can get a little Spearhead with a heavy focus on Hungry Infantry

Im hoping that with the range update BCR recieve another new mounted unit. Fingers crossed for a Giant Ground Sloth!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Sign me up.

Can they do anything else tho? Ogors should be quite a bit bigger than SCE or Chaos figs... so they will automatically become pretty big I think, especially now that Liberators are a bit taller than older ones (edit: older liberators, not ogors). Not upscaling Ogors would be very strange!

Edited by MitGas

25 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Can they do anything else tho? Ogors should be quite a bit bigger than SCE or Chaos figs... so they will automatically become pretty big I think, especially now that Liberators are a bit taller than older ones (edit: older liberators, not ogors). Not upscaling Ogors would be very strange!

Gorgers and  the warhulk are roughly rockgut trogg size so hopefully the upscale continues. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

51 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

If they upscale the regular Ogors I hope the rest of the Ogor units (including Beastclaw) get the same treatment or it's going to look a bit odd. Full range refresh please.

It just going to be a Stegadon situation where the new Kroxigor are just as tall as them 

They'll just be elite ogres that will be a chest taller than the the one riding the Stonehead

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate this is such a perfect description of what Id like to see. I absolutely love it!!

Fingers and toes crossed and thrown into the Mawpit for good luck.

Im hoping that with the range update BCR recieve another new mounted unit. Fingers crossed for a Giant Ground Sloth!!

Love that idea, personally I would like if the iron blaster/scrap launcher had more synergy with the BCR as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

If they upscale the regular Ogors I hope the rest of the Ogor units (including Beastclaw) get the same treatment or it's going to look a bit odd. Full range refresh please.

Just think of the model as a representation. Is the Ogor on top smaller than his unmounted kin or is the stonehorn just that big (but also... more zoomed out lol)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Through the grapevine it was the second best selling product of GWs history, second only to Leviathan. 

Second best is interesting. It outsold Indomitus? There are a few ways gw could mean best selling though. They almost definitely mean sell in rather than sell through. So from GW’s point of view a sale to a retailer counts as a sale. They may well also be thinking of money generated rather than units sold. So Skaventide  could have sold fewer units than Dominion or Indomitus but made GW more money. Everyone talks about Titanic being the biggest movie of all time but adjusted for inflation it’s still Gone With The Wind. 

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Just think of the model as a representation. Is the Ogor on top smaller than his unmounted kin or is the stonehorn just that big (but also... more zoomed out lol)

I always assume that the Stonehorn is just That Big. It's like how Arkhan is really small because relatively, Razarak is literally just really dang big. When they were shown in Grombrindal, I always pictured them as like, Indian Elephant size at the very least.

11 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

When they were shown in Grombrindal, I always pictured them as like, Indian Elephant size at the very least.

Ogors themselves should be elephant sized (Ogors are described as being 10 foot which is around the same height as an African Elephant).

Their scale is basically hard to grasp because of how all miniatures just look pretty small to us, but Ogors are absolutely terrifying monsters.

ogre_kingdoms__irongut_by_mrg_art_dav66q

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 hours ago, The Red King said:

CoS cavaliers are almost SCE size for some reason. Aswell as the arch knight from the command corpse. It could be the same for ogors, that between the regulars there are some slightly bigger and they are the ones picked to ride mounts.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

Second best is interesting. It outsold Indomitus? There are a few ways gw could mean best selling though. They almost definitely mean sell in rather than sell through. So from GW’s point of view a sale to a retailer counts as a sale. They may well also be thinking of money generated rather than units sold. So Skaventide  could have sold fewer units than Dominion or Indomitus but made GW more money. Everyone talks about Titanic being the biggest movie of all time but adjusted for inflation it’s still Gone With The Wind. 

Initially I thought "no way it outsold indomitus nor HH", but then, if you think that for every edition there are more boxes and the price is higger, plus I doubt their production costs have raised that much in comparison, it makes sense that outsold them.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, lele said:

Anyone want to discuss about Unopened Chambers: Covenant Chamber and Logister Chamber? Any rumours for this in this 4.0 or... 5.0?

After just losing a whole chamber I'm not sure we should expect them any time soon.