The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

........but that is Gutbuster lore

Butchers

• the new gorgers who yes are not align but so far in their two appreances in lore have been minions to a slughtermaster who been summoning Min-great maws across the realm
  • Bloodgullet subfaction the zealous worshipers of Gulping god and currently in a three way power struggle over Aqshy northern half against Har Kuron and the Goretide

Mercenaries

• Meatfist is the maneater subfaction that they're the one who taught the Gargants how to be mercenaries & Globb Gittermaw racketeering of other ogors tribe

... Leadbelchers, Ironguts and gluttons can be removed for new things and the Lore Will no feel changed. That's my point, I don't expect that these old units survive. You are are saying I am right ;)

BCR is different, only yheetes or Hunters can change, but not too much. Meanwhile mournfang or big beasts will stay.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

... Leadbelchers, Ironguts and gluttons can be removed for new things and the Lore Will no feel changed. That's my point, I don't expect that these old units survive. You are are saying I am right ;)

BCR is different, only yheetes or Hunters can change, but not too much. Meanwhile mournfang or big beasts will stay.

I'd love a BCR update with a cool centrepiece model. I'd also love some more firebellies-like units.

I really like the Bloodpelt Hunter and his trophies, which I think they can lean more into. Remains of Dracoth, Magmadroths, Gore-Gruntas, Allopexes, etc.

There's a ton of unrealized potential in Ogors, the non-BCR models are IMO the models where it's most apparent they suffer from the old WFB scale, and being forced to rank up on squares. More dynamic and bigger models would do absolute wonders for the faction.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Danaork said:

For Ogors, we'll probably get a Gorger Mawpack unit in the next Spearhead like we've seen a Darkoath Savagers unit in the Slaves to Darkness Spearhead.

I am not so sure. If the next BT comes with a refresh, then it is not necessarily the case. If not, then I agree.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Gutbusters Lore is really lame, so I expect something completely new more focused on butchers or mercenaries

Gutbusters Lore is actually awesome. Creating Mawpaths and carving out desolation on their hunting grounds and bringing back the spoils for a giant feast and then ranging back out once again further. Imagine being a village in Ghur and seeing the Meatfist leagues away knowing that upon the next seasonal change they will be upon you.

They are the locusts of the Realms.

The Lore doesnt need changed the models need updated to express the lore. The WHFB poses dont cut it anymore.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I agree with @Nezzhil to let BCR range intact (exepted Icebrow, Yhetees and Frost sabres to be refresh or deleted). The Stonehorn/Thundertusk/Mournfang models are not too olds and is corrects sculpts, but we can add 1-2 new kits for them.
But about Gutbusters, i want to see their range refreshed, mostly Infantry and Wizards (Gluttons, Ironguts, Leadbelchers, Maneaters, Butcher, Slaughtermaster and firebellies).
As for the Gnoblars units, they must to be removed and Ironblaster can have a new model to follow new Gutbusters.
add 1-2 new Gutbusters kits (in addition of Globb Glittermaw) and the Ogor Mawtribes faction can take a new breath.

• LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Gutbusters Lore is actually awesome. Creating Mawpaths and carving out desolation on their hunting grounds and bringing back the spoils for a giant feast and then ranging back out once again further. Imagine being a village in Ghur and seeing the Meatfist leagues away knowing that upon the next seasonal change they will be upon you.

They are the locusts of the Realms.

The Lore doesnt need changed the models need updated to express the lore. The WHFB poses dont cut it anymore.

But that's a small part of the gutbusters. If we pick the range of models in the Lore It Will be reduced to Cannons, Tyrants, butchers, hunters, Gorgers and that's all.

All the infantry (gluttons, Maneaters, Ironguts, leadbelchers, firebelly and gnoblars) can be removed or changed for new designs (like Agraddons) and the Lore will be the same

I really wish they'd focused on the BCR side of things and let the gutbusters be the smaller offshoot faction, nomadic beast riders is a much more interesting foundation imo, and a more visually unique force in terms of models and army look on a table, and I say that as someone who played ogre kingdoms throughout WHFB and has plenty of gutbusters sitting around!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

How much larger is the war hulk compared to the plastic tyrant they released?

They are closer in size to what I would have thought. Gluttons there for reference as well:

image.png.6190874c137c8750764a0a986890e852.png

image.png.b395d06d57d69ceec2442897bfad166f.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, Danaork said:

I agree with @Nezzhil to let BCR range intact (exepted Icebrow, Yhetees and Frost sabres to be refresh or deleted). The Stonehorn/Thundertusk/Mournfang models are not too olds and is corrects sculpts, but we can add 1-2 new kits for them.
But about Gutbusters, i want to see their range refreshed, mostly Infantry and Wizards (Gluttons, Ironguts, Leadbelchers, Maneaters, Butcher, Slaughtermaster and firebellies).
As for the Gnoblars units, they must to be removed and Ironblaster can have a new model to follow new Gutbusters.
add 1-2 new Gutbusters kits (in addition of Globb Glittermaw) and the Ogor Mawtribes faction can take a new breath.

I completely agree. 

27 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

But that's a small part of the gutbusters. If we pick the range of models in the Lore It Will be reduced to Cannons, Tyrants, butchers, hunters, Gorgers and that's all.

All the infantry (gluttons, Maneaters, Ironguts, leadbelchers, firebelly and gnoblars) can be removed or changed for new designs (like Agraddons) and the Lore will be the same

I dont see why removing them would make any sense based on lore? You could argue that for any Faction. 

13 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

How much larger is the war hulk compared to the plastic tyrant they released?

Im interested in knowing this as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I completely agree. 

I dont see why removing them would make any sense based on lore? You could argue that for any Faction. 

Im interested in knowing this as well.

CoS had the same situation. Skaven removed a lot of units too. There are a lot of Ogor units that directly don't appear in any official book without the units description, most of the time are "default ogors"

One point to be clear, books are not references of Lore, only battletome, campaigns and books that the design team control are really references that we can take.

35 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Gluttons need to be as large if not larger than the Warhulk.

Warhulk is oversized like Hunter is undersized. They are bad designs because they don't respect the propotions of there same period designs 

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

image.png.944cf0384ba923d2eb116415ffec22cd.png

It's interesting to see that the new Tyrant is smaller than the War Hulk, but is thicker in every way. I'm surprised the old gluttons stand as tall next to him as they do. We don't have and Ogre players in my area, so I've never seen the sizes in person. 

15 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Warhulk is oversized like Hunter is undersized. They are bad designs because they don't respect the propotions of there same period designs 

I think the warhulk and gorgers are the perfect size. 

• Like 1

We’re forgetting a certain someone here.

The hunter is relatively similar in size to the tyrant, and more recent. Good chance destruction ogors follow suit.

As for the height of the warhulk, my theory is that they’re simply getting better nutrition :^)

edit: forgot to mention that the tyrant is more in-line with the early sigmar style both proportionally and in terms of angular detail (balancing the fantasy minis with recognizable new ones). The hunter is rounder and less exaggerated.

IMG_2940.jpeg

Edited by Fracas

40 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Maybe the CoS Ogors (Second Generation Ogors) just have different proportions due to their lifestyle changes.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

CoS had the same situation. Skaven removed a lot of units too. There are a lot of Ogor units that directly don't appear in any official book without the units description, most of the time are "default ogors"

One point to be clear, books are not references of Lore, only battletome, campaigns and books that the design team control are really references that we can take.

Im confused as to what you would like to see happen. Are you wanting the removal of units?

You could argue that Gloomspite, Ossiarch, Fyreslayers any number of Factions dont specify what unit is in a book.

58 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I think the Warhulk is the correct height for an Ogor, they just arent as beefy and are missing their gut. Could be their diet from City living.

The war hulk is also wearing a back harness that probably improves his posture. 🤣

man, I go play wow and paint my mechanicum, ignoring the rumor thread for a week, and come back to pages of Ogor discussion. You love to see it.

also yes I’d adore some bigger Ogor models across the board, even with a smaller army. I have this vision of a new take on the herohammer army, 3-6 model units with decent saves and something like 6 wounds each, then one or two massive actual heroes that are infantry but maybe also “monster” because they’re just that big.

Selfishly, I’d settle for mournfang to just be mechanically tuned out of the weird “fast ultra heavy cavalry that for some reason wants to be charged” role their in right now.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just came across these on insta by @artofalessandroboer - Warhammer Roleplay Ogors Art. 

Ehat ever Happens to Ogors, I hope they keep their old Aesthetics, Updated and expanded sure, but really isn’t a deaign that needs a rehaul.  

IMG_2192.jpeg

IMG_2193.jpeg

IMG_2196.jpeg

IMG_2194.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

Just came across these on insta by @artofalessandroboer - Warhammer Roleplay Ogors Art. 

Ehat ever Happens to Ogors, I hope they keep their old Aesthetics, Updated and expanded sure, but really isn’t a deaign that needs a rehaul.  

IMG_2192.jpeg

IMG_2193.jpeg

IMG_2196.jpeg

IMG_2194.jpeg

Nothing that what happen

there the last one to be AOS updated and only thing we have are few models and artwork to point towards. They didn't change aesthetic all (majority of the ogre art in the 3 edition tomes is all 8th edition WHF art)

Mengel Miniatures: Why You Should Collect and Play: Ogor Mawtribes

File:Ogor Tyrant 01.jpg

image.png.5372c3a6c916834cbe58aa72dfe94e43.png

image.png.35ad2915d2adb3f1d663b471b5c6a9e5.png

and the ones that didn't are outside faction wise and are pulling from older iteration like 

Badlands Ogre Bulls

New Ogres from the cursed city boxed game! : r/Mawtribes

but once again Ogre Kingdom are a Legacy Faction and just like the Soulblight Gravelords and Seraphon and Skaven and Demons of chaos they all kept their own identity while also providing some additional extra identity to them

the same will be said to the Mawtribes

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1