The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

If someone want to check all the AoS kit models released and their dates. I don't know the source but the work is awesome.

Here

Wow. The data in a quick look seems legit. It's a crazy amount of work and seems to be up to date.

I could be wrong, but it looks like it is reading the data from somewhere else?

image.png.e640d0f236a581a4828ea6c7aeb933a1.png

14 hours ago, Danaork said:

I agree with @Nezzhil to let BCR range intact (exepted Icebrow, Yhetees and Frost sabres to be refresh or deleted). The Stonehorn/Thundertusk/Mournfang models are not too olds and is corrects sculpts, but we can add 1-2 new kits for them.
But about Gutbusters, i want to see their range refreshed, mostly Infantry and Wizards (Gluttons, Ironguts, Leadbelchers, Maneaters, Butcher, Slaughtermaster and firebellies).
As for the Gnoblars units, they must to be removed and Ironblaster can have a new model to follow new Gutbusters.
add 1-2 new Gutbusters kits (in addition of Globb Glittermaw) and the Ogor Mawtribes faction can take a new breath.

The dream is still expand firebelly concept in a proper subfaction:

-New firebelly

- Fireguts (infantry)

- Salamanders riders  (goregruntas size)

- Fire brute monster (thundertusk/stonehorn equivalent)  

Should we ask @Whitefang back me up if he knows something on Ogors refresh ? 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

If someone want to check all the AoS kit models released and their dates. I don't know the source but the work is awesome.

Here

That really puts things into more perspective. StD really got a TON of models every year since 2019, even if you ignore the ones that no longer have rules. SBGL and CoS also got quite a few models recently. KO, IDK, OBR and FS got even less than I thought since their launch in 1st. Ogors are still stuck with their large, but for the most part extremely outdated range.

I think a few of the most healthy armies in terms of newer kits and size right now have to be SCE, StD, Skaven (except for monkey runners), SoB ( besides Mancrushers), NH, Sylvaneth (besides Dryads), Orruks and Seraphon (besides Saurus Guard).

There is a real issue with part of the AoS-original armies only getting a release wave and then basically nothing. FS, KO, IDK, KB, OBR and DoK (though it still has a bunch of old models too so not sure if it fits here exactly) got a wave at their introduction and then basically nothing. Even Lumineth had their release weirdly split in two and didn't really get anything after the wind temple in 2021.

Only IJ, Sylvaneth, SCE, and NH break that mold. Hopefully some others will too this edition.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Here

Damn... I wish I had that a few months ago when I was tracking release dates for old 1st edition stuff.

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Wow. The data in a quick look seems legit. It's a crazy amount of work and seems to be up to date.

I could be wrong, but it looks like it is reading the data from somewhere else?

image.png.e640d0f236a581a4828ea6c7aeb933a1.png

As someone who spent a chunk of summer digging through old Warhammer Community and BOLS preorder announcements to find similar information it would have been a massive chore.

But that's just Google Sheets stuff. It doesn't update in real time for everyone. If the author adds some new content then there can be a delay in it appearing for others using the sheet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sahrial said:

The war hulk is also wearing a back harness that probably improves his posture. 🤣

man, I go play wow and paint my mechanicum, ignoring the rumor thread for a week, and come back to pages of Ogor discussion. You love to see it.

also yes I’d adore some bigger Ogor models across the board, even with a smaller army. I have this vision of a new take on the herohammer army, 3-6 model units with decent saves and something like 6 wounds each, then one or two massive actual heroes that are infantry but maybe also “monster” because they’re just that big.

Selfishly, I’d settle for mournfang to just be mechanically tuned out of the weird “fast ultra heavy cavalry that for some reason wants to be charged” role their in right now.

Love it mate. Id love bigger models and smaller units. Say 12 minis is a full army for Gutbusters.

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

The dream is still expand firebelly concept in a proper subfaction:

-New firebelly

- Fireguts (infantry)

- Salamanders riders  (goregruntas size)

- Fire brute monster (thundertusk/stonehorn equivalent)  

Should we ask @Whitefang back me up if he knows something on Ogors refresh ? 

I did ask but no such luck!! Im wagering they will be a late 2025 if not even 2026 release because of that.

A new interview is up! This time it is all about @The Brotherhood of Necros:

Also, I was thinking about creating a blog called "Useful Tools" or something like that which could act as a compendium of interesting tools and links like the one provided by @Nezzhil earlier or the minis size comparison web.

Do you think something like that would be useful?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Love it mate. Id love bigger models and smaller units. Say 12 minis is a full army for Gutbusters.

I did ask but no such luck!! Im wagering they will be a late 2025 if not even 2026 release because of that.

I think we can track a decent chunk of 2025 as a part of "educated" guesses:

The Slaves to Darkness will also get a new Spearhead box featuring the Darkoath Tribes – and this will be joined in 2025 by a Spearhead for the Orruk Warclans, and an army box and individual releases for the Gloomspite Gitz. As for the denizens of Death, we’ll have more news on them in good time. Nagash may be petty, but he is patient.

jojliiur8p13dq1p.jpg

2025 will start with the IJ Spearhead. Would this also come with a BT release or would it be just the spearhead? My bet is BT and maybe some KB stuff.

Feb/March as late we have the supposed Gitmob Army Box.

Then Death. We got the new leak by @Whitefang back me up. It could imply SBGL or, depending on how they treat those shared kits even NH and/or FEC.

That would give us June/July for the next release as early, IMO, but as we also have the new Warcry edition hanging around that time I don't think it will be something big. So neither Ogors or Hashut IMO.

So if I have to bet, Hashut will come from Sept to December, which would push Ogors to 2026.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

53 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think we can track a decent chunk of 2025 as a part of "educated" guesses:

jojliiur8p13dq1p.jpg

2025 will start with the IJ Spearhead. Would this also come with a BT release or would it be just the spearhead? My bet is BT and maybe some KB stuff.

Feb/March as late we have the supposed Gitmob Army Box.

Then Death. We got the new leak by @Whitefang back me up. It could imply SBGL or, depending on how they treat those shared kits even NH and/or FEC.

That would give us June/July for the next release as early, IMO, but as we also have the new Warcry edition hanging around that time I don't think it will be something big. So neither Ogors or Hashut IMO.

So if I have to bet, Hashut will come from Sept to December, which would push Ogors to 2026.

Definitely feel the battletome will come at the same time for Orruk warclans. If we look at S2D they just had a Spearhead and updated model with their battletome so see no reason why Orruks wouldn't get that too  There is also the chance with Underworlds returning that they may get a repackaged team similar to Plaguepack and Stormcoven plus it is an Orruk Warclans release so even though it is an IJ Spearhead the chances are there may be something for Kruelboyz on the way as well.

• LOVE IT! 2

With Stormcast, Skaven and Slaves to Darkness out in 2024. That leaves 20 Battletomes (21 if there is a new faction) to be released across 2025/26. December will likely not see Battletomes, which leaves 22 months of releases before moving into the Narrative that leads to 5th Edition in 2027. 

That is the equivalent of a Battletome a month over the next 2 years. I would be surprised if we don't see at least one significant release in the first 6 months of next year. 

I am looking forward to a potential Chorf release and Ogor refresh, but the Battletome I am most interested in is CoS (and not just because I collect them) I really want to see what (if anything) is done regarding the Duradin/Dispossessed and the outstanding Dark Elf kits. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Hollow said:

With Stormcast, Skaven and Slaves to Darkness out in 2024. That leaves 20 Battletomes (21 if there is a new faction) to be released across 2025/26. December will likely not see Battletomes, which leaves 22 months of releases before moving into the Narrative that leads to 5th Edition in 2027. 

That is the equivalent of a Battletome a month over the next 2 years. I would be surprised if we don't see at least one significant release in the first 6 months of next year. 

I am looking forward to a potential Chorf release and Ogor refresh, but the Battletome I am most interested in is CoS (and not just because I collect them) I really want to see what (if anything) is done regarding the Duradin/Dispossessed and the outstanding Dark Elf kits. 

Would you consider the Gitmob armybox, it is a release similar to the Kroots one in size, the significat release of the first 6 months of the year?

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Would you consider the Gitmob armybox, it is a release similar to the Kroots one in size, the significat release of the first 6 months of the year?

And don't forget Deathrattle/Zombie dragon armybox ! 😉

I think too that Chorfs/Hammers of Hashut will come in September/November 2025 window (first armyset and then full release) like It happened with League of Votann back in 2022.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

And don't forget Deathrattle/Zombie dragon armybox ! 😉

I think too that Chorfs/Hammers of Hashut will come in September/November 2025 window (first armyset and then full release) like It happened with League of Votann back in 2022.

Yeah. I think that can be a big surprise and we will see two Death factions released together in the same way we will get Warclans and GSG as two Destro armies released "together".

I feel like Firebellies will be cut this edition and then refreshed in the future. I dont inagine that they will have a full subfaction even on reintroduction but can easily imagine their support growing over time.

I imagine them getting a new firebelly in the style of the resin kit for Underworlds with some themed Gnoblars or Insect companions (likely a mix of both) and then a unit for warcry. If those do well we can see a proper hero and then a specialized unit like Cavalry or flaming centipedes. 

Personally I hope I am wrong and we loose nothing from the range (beyond the icebrow and blood pelt hunters possibly merging) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

46 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. I think that can be a big surprise and we will see two Death factions released together in the same way we will get Warclans and GSG as two Destro armies released "together".

For comparison this was the roadmap for the first 6/8 months in 2022 (after Dominion launch, Kruleboyz ,Stormcast and Nurgle in second half of 2021).

Th3xsT9Hz23OpQUS.jpg&w=640&q=75