The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

With Stormcast, Skaven and Slaves to Darkness out in 2024. That leaves 20 Battletomes (21 if there is a new faction) to be released across 2025/26. December will likely not see Battletomes, which leaves 22 months of releases before moving into the Narrative that leads to 5th Edition in 2027. 

That is the equivalent of a Battletome a month over the next 2 years. I would be surprised if we don't see at least one significant release in the first 6 months of next year. 

I am looking forward to a potential Chorf release and Ogor refresh, but the Battletome I am most interested in is CoS (and not just because I collect them) I really want to see what (if anything) is done regarding the Duradin/Dispossessed and the outstanding Dark Elf kits. 

At this rate I don't see how they can release a battletome a month and even then that means some people are playing almost an entire edition with no battletome.

What a terrible system. Almost like they should move to digital rules.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, The Red King said:

At this rate I don't see how they can release a battletome a month and even then that means some people are playing almost an entire edition with no battletome.

Maybe they should throw out the trash, get good game designers and stop churning out edition after edition on top of digital rules… so that the game becomes the best thing in all of tabletop. Dunno why they pride themselves on their minis but are totally laissez faire about the actual game. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

40k rumours from valrak. He's suggesting Krieg in winter, Eldar, knights and Emperor's children in spring and Space wolves and a new Horus heresy box in summer. That doesn't leave much room for AoS. 

Gitmob are grots so they can fit in tight spots. 😉

🤘💚🐺

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

40k rumours from valrak. He's suggesting Krieg in winter, Eldar, knights and Emperor's children in spring and Space wolves and a new Horus heresy box in summer. That doesn't leave much room for AoS. 

Maybe then they change the way they approach their releases. We have to have room. We are not Necromunda xD

I don't mind hauling the bonereaper terrain around and it's even bigger... but it also looks a lot cooler and fits with the narrative themes of the OBR faction.  This storm gazebo... ok I think it looks kinda dumb, but the entire stormcast aesthetic isn't my thing so I can't judge.  But even apart from liking or not liking how it looks, it just feels... arbitrary.  Like, isn't the point of stormcast that they can teleport to specific battlefields without having to rely on gates?  I feel like makeshift bunkers or walls blasting in to grant stormcast units cover or block off enemy firing lines would have made more sense.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Maybe they aren't planning to update every BT during 4th? If the new battletomes aren't very different ruleswise compared to the index, than it doesn't really matter for the game itself if your army gets a new BT or not during an edition. A long time ago they never redid all the armybooks during an edition and an edition lasted 4-6 years.

It seems almost impossible to release 20-21 AoS BT's in 2025/2026, a lot of 40K in 2025 if Valrak is to believed and than we have all the other games GW does now that also need release slots.

And before anyone brings up the factory expansion. I think think it will take atleast two years before we will see the benefits of it.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Leaves plenty of room. It's not like each of those releases will take up an entire month. 

I can see Krieg and EC being more than one week but doesn't mean they won't share a Saturday with other releases. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sception said:

I don't mind hauling the bonereaper terrain around and it's even bigger... but it also looks a lot cooler and fits with the narrative themes of the OBR faction.  This storm gazebo... ok I think it looks kinda dumb, but the entire stormcast aesthetic isn't my thing so I can't judge.  But even apart from liking or not liking how it looks, it just feels... arbitrary.  Like, isn't the point of stormcast that they can teleport to specific battlefields without having to rely on gates?  I feel like makeshift bunkers or walls blasting in to grant stormcast units cover or block off enemy firing lines would have made more sense.

I don't know if the Memorians aspect has been cleared out or not, but maybe they need them because of the Memorians.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Maybe they aren't planning to update every BT during 4th? If the new battletomes aren't very different ruleswise compared to the index, than it doesn't really matter for the game itself if your army gets a new BT or not during an edition. A long time ago they never redid all the armybooks during an edition and an edition lasted 4-6 years.

It seems almost impossible to release 20-21 AoS BT's in 2025/2026, a lot of 40K in 2025 if Valrak is to believed and than we have all the other games GW does now that also need release slots.

And before anyone brings up the factory expansion. I think think it will take atleast two years before we will see the benefits of it.

My biggest problem with that is BT are needed for Anvil of Apotheosis for each faction since those are currently only release with the BT (unless GW drops a huge document for everyone, which I would prefer)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BlazerVX said:

My biggest problem with that is BT are needed for Anvil of Apotheosis for each faction since those are currently only release with the BT (unless GW drops a huge document for everyone, which I would prefer)

Yeah, me too. I am very interested in it, but the guys I play with only want to jump in when their army has also acces to Anvil of Aptheosis (CoS,FS, Sylvanteh, SBG, StD, IDK, NH, DoK, OBR). So it will take a long time before we can play it... .

Edited by Tonhel
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Maybe they should throw out the trash, get good game designers and stop churning out edition after edition on top of digital rules… so that the game becomes the best thing in all of tabletop. Dunno why they pride themselves on their minis but are totally laissez faire about the actual game. 

Definitely. 

I'm really disappointed how all warscrolls have been castrated. Every unit felt special with their special moves. Now most of them feel like cannon fodder. 

F.e. Kroxigors had 3 abilities, now only 1.

Tzaangors had 3, now only 1. And this applies to most units. Game feels much less epic.

Any hope they will return to bigger warscrolls? 

When 3rd edition finally felt balanced and well thought out they just had to burn it to the ground and it will take another 3 years to make things balanced.

Wish somebody wrote warscrolls for newer models for 3rd edition. 

There's no reason for me to abandon all my 3e battletomes and use defective faction packs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Tzaangors had 3, now only 1. And this applies to most units. Game feels much less epic.

I feel that profiles and stats have more weight than in 3rd edition. To me, that's the right way to go, instead of having 3 abilities to make a unit diferent enough, give them one ability, but everything else should have some impact: their 3+ to wound should matter, their 6" move should mean something, and their Crit (2hits) when they are raiding enemies terroritory should be enough to be unique. 

There are some things that I'm not a fan off, like All out Attack/Defense, small tables of Artifacts, Traits, etc... but reducing abilities to make profiles, stats and USR more important is not one of them.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 3