The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Definitely. 

I'm really disappointed how all warscrolls have been castrated. Every unit felt special with their special moves. Now most of them feel like cannon fodder. 

F.e. Kroxigors had 3 abilities, now only 1.

Tzaangors had 3, now only 1. And this applies to most units. Game feels much less epic.

Any hope they will return to bigger warscrolls? 

When 3rd edition finally felt balanced and well thought out they just had to burn it to the ground and it will take another 3 years to make things balanced.

Wish somebody wrote warscrolls for newer models for 3rd edition. 

There's no reason for me to abandon all my 3e battletomes and use defective faction packs.

Having played Tzaangor a fair bit over multiple editions, I disagree. The additional warscroll rules were pretty bloated, got forgotten a bunch and often made little to no difference. At one point a unit of tzaangors had so many different attack profiles. If I remember correctly at one point you needed to separately roll

Leader beak.

Leader Heavy Weapon

Regular beak.

Regular swords.

Heavy weapons

Mutant weapons.

I think I might be missing one! (Mutants might have had a different beak attack). 

It was time consuming and a bit pointless. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2024 at 6:59 PM, Whitefang back me up said:

Through the grapevine it was the second best selling product of GWs history, second only to Leviathan. 

You're "famous" now too by the way! The hearts of millions of unwashed nerds are yours... you should've focused on rumors in fashion, then it might've been chicks. 😁

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/s/5DaULJpKke

See vid in post there

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Having played Tzaangor a fair bit over multiple editions, I disagree. The additional warscroll rules were pretty bloated, got forgotten a bunch and often made little to no difference. At one point a unit of tzaangors had so many different attack profiles. If I remember correctly at one point you needed to separately roll

Leader beak.

Leader Heavy Weapon

Regular beak.

Regular swords.

Heavy weapons

Mutant weapons.

I think I might be missing one! (Mutants might have had a different beak attack). 

It was time consuming and a bit pointless. 

Neither leader nor mutants had different beak profiles, mutants got extra attacks. But it's true, the multiple weapon profiles in a single unit sucked unless you learned them by heart.

I do agree with Aeryenn as well though that some warscrolls lost at least a bit of flavor.

• Like 1

I am not worried about BTs, you can check previous edition and the times were the same. They will speed up and release multiple of them in a short period. Just remember that Beast, Gloomspite, Khorne, Slaanesh, Soulblight and Ossiarch were launch in a short period of 4 months

6 hours ago, Hollow said:

With Stormcast, Skaven and Slaves to Darkness out in 2024. That leaves 20 Battletomes (21 if there is a new faction) to be released across 2025/26. December will likely not see Battletomes, which leaves 22 months of releases before moving into the Narrative that leads to 5th Edition in 2027. 

That is the equivalent of a Battletome a month over the next 2 years. I would be surprised if we don't see at least one significant release in the first 6 months of next year. 

I am looking forward to a potential Chorf release and Ogor refresh, but the Battletome I am most interested in is CoS (and not just because I collect them) I really want to see what (if anything) is done regarding the Duradin/Dispossessed and the outstanding Dark Elf kits. 

Me too!! Also that rumoured Cogfort!!

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I do love me some Narrative content!!

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like Firebellies will be cut this edition and then refreshed in the future. I dont inagine that they will have a full subfaction even on reintroduction but can easily imagine their support growing over time.

I imagine them getting a new firebelly in the style of the resin kit for Underworlds with some themed Gnoblars or Insect companions (likely a mix of both) and then a unit for warcry. If those do well we can see a proper hero and then a specialized unit like Cavalry or flaming centipedes. 

Personally I hope I am wrong and we loose nothing from the range (beyond the icebrow and blood pelt hunters possibly merging) 

I could also see Firebellies going as well. Interestingly I could see them in a Fyreslayers Warband.

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Yes, well...

Glad to see you back mate. Hope you've been well and everything is ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I am not worried about BTs, you can check previous edition and the times were the same. They will speed up and release multiple of them in a short period. Just remember that Beast, Gloomspite, Khorne, Slaanesh, Soulblight and Ossiarch were launch in a short period of 4 months

True, but if I am correct it was only BT + single foot hero and for Gloomspite (checking the link you shared) they got a foot hero and mounted unit.

So if they keep the release very barebone, than yes. It's possible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

True, but if I am correct it was only BT + single foot hero and for Gloomspite (checking the link you shared) they got a foot hero and mounted unit.

Maybe this time is hero + spell and /or terrain for those missing.

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe this time is hero + spell and /or terrain for those missing.

Than I prefer a new unit instead of terrain or spell. Terrain or spells aren't outsourced to China anymore. So those models are now done in Nottingham. Than they can better use the mould/machine for new units instead.

For SCE that terrain huge terrain piece is not so bad as they also got a lot of other new stuff. 

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I could also see Firebellies going as well. Interestingly I could see them in a Fyreslayers Warband.

Firebellies worshipping Grimnir is literally my favourite idea ever. It would give Fyreslayers more variety, indicate cultural variation in Ogor societies, and maybe most importantly showcase that the worship of the gods are not all divided by the species of their followers. 

• LOVE IT! 3

4 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Than I prefer a new unit instead of terrain or spell. Terrain or spells aren't outsourced to China anymore. So those models are now done in Nottingham. Than they can better use the mould/machine for new units instead.

For SCE that terrain huge terrain piece is not so bad as they also got a lot of other new stuff. 

Are they?

In this sheet it is saying that the SCE terrain comes from China.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Are they?

In this sheet it is saying that the SCE terrain comes from China.

Yeah, I thought that GW wasn't going to depend on cheap stuff from China anymore and do everything inhouse. Sadly it seems I was wrong.

Edited by Tonhel

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

There is no reason they can't keep the same pace of battletome releases as last time and release more than a single hero. 

The production issues that dogged them the past couple of years have got a lot better as of late. 

There are a lot fewer out of stocks and restocking times has decreased not to mention FOMO boxes having plenty of stock upon releases. 

They've done a lot of ground work this year

Releasing TOW and Legions

New editions of AoS, Kill Team, Underworld and Middle earth. 

2025 is shaping up to be a great year which they hopfully build on this foundation. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, cyrus said:

And don't forget Deathrattle/Zombie dragon armybox ! 😉

I think too that Chorfs/Hammers of Hashut will come in September/November 2025 window (first armyset and then full release) like It happened with League of Votann back in 2022.

Yeah I have a feeling Chorfs will be a bit later in the year. Think Emperor's Children will probably be the big release from GW in the early-mid summer period.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, the outhouse is great if they have diarrhea! 👏

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Firebellies worshipping Grimnir is literally my favourite idea ever. It would give Fyreslayers more variety, indicate cultural variation in Ogor societies, and maybe most importantly showcase that the worship of the gods are not all divided by the species of their followers. 

You play Chaos and say stuff like that. We had dwarfs, humans, beastmen all following proper gods since ages, so what‘s this with worship and different species nonsense? 😤

I‘m so gonna snitch you out to the Chaos gods, they might need to revoke your membership card! 🫢 looking forward to my reward for it 😎

• Thanks 1

oh btw we got the list of shorts in the On the Shoulders of Giants anthology story

sundaypreview-oct6-bl_03-shouldersgiants.jpg

On the Shoulders of Giants, by Adrian Tchaikovsky (New)
The Wanderer, by Hal Wilson (New)
Hounds, by Christopher Allen

The Best Leonardo DiCaprio Memes Shared on Social Media for His 47th  Birthday
Roadwarden, by Liane Merciel
Murder by Moonlight, by Noah Van Nguyen
The Manse of Mirrors, by Nick Horth
Past Returns, by Hal Wilson
False Dawn, by Christopher Allen

The Best Leonardo DiCaprio Memes Shared on Social Media for His 47th  Birthday
River of Death, by Anna Stephens
The Siege of Greenspire, by Anna Stephens
The Book of Transformations, by Matt Keefe
The Nameless, by Hal Wilson

Hounds, Past Returns, Murder by Moonlight are really good

Seige of Greenspire & False Dawn was alright

Never read the rest (a lot of these are from Inferno!) would have prefer if they sub some of these out with others like Fist of Sigmar, All is foretold or Grimnirson but i'm sure there some corporate business reason that we wouldn't know other than @Acrozatarim as to why these specific stories got chosen

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, MitGas said:

Neither leader nor mutants had different beak profiles, mutants got extra attacks. But it's true, the multiple weapon profiles in a single unit sucked unless you learned them by heart.

I do agree with Aeryenn as well though that some warscrolls lost at least a bit of flavor.

It's really not important, but the leader added one to hit rolls for all melee weapons, which included the beak. Looking at it, mutants didn't have a different beak attack though. I checked the old old app.

I'd also forgotten that they kept changing how the shields worked, what benefit they gave, whether you needed to pull models with the shields first etc. 

I'm mostly pretty happy with the changes to weapon loadouts mostly not mattering unless it really looks significant. I would rather they split the warscroll out like kurnoth hunters or annihilators if they are going to have weapon options. I really wish that KO had separate scrolls for Thunderers. I'd love them to have one with rifles that was a core, long range shooting unit, with the special weapons being a different scroll that could work noticeably differently. Might be a good option for the balloon boys as well. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MitGas said:

You play Chaos and say stuff like that. We had dwarfs, humans, beastmen all following proper gods since ages, so what‘s this with worship and different species nonsense? 😤

I‘m so gonna snitch you out to the Chaos gods, they might need to revoke your membership card! 🫢 looking forward to my reward for it 😎

All Chaos Worshipers are merely pawns in the great game. But you are correct the true faith accepts all with open arms. 

Sigmar closed the gates of heaven on so many in the realms, and their time of need they heard the voices of their true Gods. 
0elkb3kefb2d1.jpeg
Tzeentch - Change
Slaanesh - Excess
Nurgle - Pestilince
Khorne - RAAGH!!!
Horned Rat - Heart 

Your powers combined I am the Neverchosen!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Would you consider the Gitmob armybox, it is a release similar to the Kroots one in size, the significat release of the first 6 months of the year?

Oh for sure, but it depends on what the releases are. Significant drops for GSG and SBGL, with a smaller Order and Chaos Battletome would be decent. 

I was watching Valrak's new rumour video for 40k and Q1 and Q2 of 2025 are potentially shaping up to be very well supported. 

• Marines = Space Wolves
  • IoM = DeathKorps of Krieg
  • Xenos = Aeldari
  • Chaos = Emperor's Children 

I would love to be looking at the first 6 months of AoS following a similar path (with each Grand Alliance getting something significant) 

• Order -CoS
  • Chaos - Chorfs
  • Death -SBGL
  • Destruction GSG 

Trading periods and when financial reports are released are important. Do they want something like Chorfs/Space Wolves to fall in the 52/3 weeks of trading to June 2025 or kick off the next period? 

We could get something like 

• Order - Single Hero Battletome
  • Chaos - Single Hero Battletome
  • Death - SBGL
  • Destruction - GSG

There were rumours a while back about the possibility of Deamons getting updated kits and for Daemons as a 40k faction being removed. Emperor's Children might go some way to answer that if the codex includes Slaanesh Demons. 

3 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

It's really not important, but the leader added one to hit rolls for all melee weapons, which included the beak. Looking at it, mutants didn't have a different beak attack though. I checked the old old app.

I'd also forgotten that they kept changing how the shields worked, what benefit they gave, whether you needed to pull models with the shields first etc. 

I'm mostly pretty happy with the changes to weapon loadouts mostly not mattering unless it really looks significant. I would rather they split the warscroll out like kurnoth hunters or annihilators if they are going to have weapon options. I really wish that KO had separate scrolls for Thunderers. I'd love them to have one with rifles that was a core, long range shooting unit, with the special weapons being a different scroll that could work noticeably differently. Might be a good option for the balloon boys as well. 

If one thing was done right with warscrolls, it was with weapon loadout. Giving multiple options for one unit overcomplicate both assembling models and it lengthens the rolls. Best example is a team of 5 KO Thunderers, each with separate weapon profile.

You mention KH. I'm with Sylvaneth since their first battletome. Over the years Kurnoth Hunters' weapon profiles changed several times making it frustrating for someone who wanted to play competitively wysiwyg. 

But skills are something different. Most of the time they don't require more fuss too be played by made all these models special. Skills often reflect units lore or just make them useful outside of their stats.

8 hours ago, Ogregut said:

There is no reason they can't keep the same pace of battletome releases as last time and release more than a single hero. 

The production issues that dogged them the past couple of years have got a lot better as of late. 

There are a lot fewer out of stocks and restocking times has decreased not to mention FOMO boxes having plenty of stock upon releases. 

They've done a lot of ground work this year

Releasing TOW and Legions

New editions of AoS, Kill Team, Underworld and Middle earth. 

2025 is shaping up to be a great year which they hopfully build on this foundation. 

I really, really hope so! As I am certainly not looking forward to single foot hero + BT releases. Nobody liked it in third and we all hoped it wouldn't be the case in 4th. Or atleast that it would change to unit + BT instead of foot hero + BT.

Edit: Imagine FS, IDK, KO getting another foot hero + BT this edition, that would be just mean.... .

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1