The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Firebellies worshipping Grimnir is literally my favourite idea ever. It would give Fyreslayers more variety, indicate cultural variation in Ogor societies, and maybe most importantly showcase that the worship of the gods are not all divided by the species of their followers. 

I'd rather they expand FS by adding more varied, especially female, Duardin first (it's a Duardin army after all, one of the big reasons people play them) and expand on the FS culture and beasts. After the army is more complete they can add more unexpected things. FS is already a unique concept with tons of unrealized potential as is.

But even when it is more complete adding Firebellies, who are known for eating Magmadroths, would IMO not fit the army at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hollow said:

Oh for sure, but it depends on what the releases are. Significant drops for GSG and SBGL, with a smaller Order and Chaos Battletome would be decent. 

I was watching Valrak's new rumour video for 40k and Q1 and Q2 of 2025 are potentially shaping up to be very well supported. 

• Marines = Space Wolves
  • IoM = DeathKorps of Krieg
  • Xenos = Aeldari
  • Chaos = Emperor's Children 

I would love to be looking at the first 6 months of AoS following a similar path (with each Grand Alliance getting something significant) 

• Order -CoS
  • Chaos - Chorfs
  • Death -SBGL
  • Destruction GSG 

Trading periods and when financial reports are released are important. Do they want something like Chorfs/Space Wolves to fall in the 52/3 weeks of trading to June 2025 or kick off the next period? 

We could get something like 

• Order - Single Hero Battletome
  • Chaos - Single Hero Battletome
  • Death - SBGL
  • Destruction - GSG

There were rumours a while back about the possibility of Deamons getting updated kits and for Daemons as a 40k faction being removed. Emperor's Children might go some way to answer that if the codex includes Slaanesh Demons. 

I think latest Valrak roadmap is wish list and rushed . He always said EC to be Q4 2025 and now they are coming in spring ??? No way !!

If you look at the official 40K/AoS roadmap for2025 they both show 3 factions /armies :

40K: Krieg/Aeldari/ Ik

AoS: Orruk (Ironjawz)/Gloomspite(gitmob)/Death(Soulblight)

Roadmap-Warhammer-40000.jpg

AoS_Roadmap_Q4-2024-1024x576.jpg.webp

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cyrus said:

You are here again to spread negativity on AoS : come on ! 🤌🤌

Man, can't I post here without getting you on my neck? There is nothing negative about that post. Everybody disliked the single foot hero + BT. There were numerous posts about it. There is nothing wrong or negative in hoping that armies are getting more than a single foot hero. I gonna report you and let the mods settle it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

All Chaos Worshipers are merely pawns in the great game. But you are correct the true faith accepts all with open arms. 

Sigmar closed the gates of heaven on so many and in the realms, and their time of need they heard the voices of their true Gods. 
0elkb3kefb2d1.jpeg
Tzeentch - Change
Slaanesh - Excess
Nurgle - Pestilince
Khorne - RAAGH!!!
Horned Rat - Heart 

Your powers combined I am the Neverchosen!

😂🤣😂 I loved the heart thingy. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo

15 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I really, really hope so! As I am certainly not looking forward to single foot hero + BT releases. Nobody liked it in third and we all hoped it wouldn't be the case in 4th. Or atleast that it would change to unit + BT instead of foot hero + BT.

Edit: Imagine FS, IDK, KO getting another foot hero + BT this edition, that would be just mean.... .

It really depended on the army. Some armies were fine with only a foot hero. And I wouldn't mind a BT+foot hero at all for armies like StD and Seraphon.

Next year will probably be slower for AoS anyway since we had a new edition this year. If BT+foot hero allows them to get the tomes out quicker I wouldn't mind. Armies can always be expanded later in the edition (sometimes with supplement) after they already got their tome (see Ironjawz, StD, Slaanesh).

What I would dislike is for tomes to be delayed until very late in the edition just because they can't fit in a big wave in their printing/release schedule earlier. I'd much rather the tome + hero releases earlier (or even tome with no hero) with the rest of the wave later.

I absolutely adore faction specific AoA and PtG rules so I get why the battletomes are cooking for a bit longer than before. As long as those are good, I don't mind waiting for a year or so, the indexes are perfectly playable as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Snarff said:

It really depended on the army. Some armies were fine with only a foot hero. And I wouldn't mind a BT+foot hero at all for armies like StD and Seraphon.

Next year will probably be slower for AoS anyway since we had a new edition this year. If BT+foot hero allows them to get the tomes out quicker I wouldn't mind. Armies can always be expanded later in the edition (sometimes with supplement) after they already got their tome (see Ironjawz, StD, Slaanesh).

What I would dislike is for tomes to be delayed until very late in the edition just because they can't fit in a big wave in their printing/release schedule earlier. I'd much rather the tome + hero releases earlier (or even tome with no hero) with the rest of the wave later.

I absolutely adore faction specific AoA and PtG rules so I get why the battletomes are cooking for a bit longer than before. As long as those are good, I don't mind waiting for a year or so, the indexes are perfectly playable as well.

It’s double. I would love to see AoA and PtG for all armies sooner than later, as it would mean all players have extra ways to play the game with all options available. On the other hand new mini’s are imo the most exciting part of an army update.

You are correct with StD and Seraphon, but we are all hoping that Seraphon will get new Saurus guard through Warcry.

39 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think latest Valrak roadmap is wish list and rushed . He always said EC to be Q4 2025 and now they are coming in spring ??? No way !!

Which he addressed in his latest video. He was surprised as well. As I mentioned it depends on which financial report GW wants them to fall into. 

But I suppose.... no point in talking about rumours in the....rumour thread. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hollow said:

Oh for sure, but it depends on what the releases are. Significant drops for GSG and SBGL, with a smaller Order and Chaos Battletome would be decent. 

I was watching Valrak's new rumour video for 40k and Q1 and Q2 of 2025 are potentially shaping up to be very well supported. 

• Marines = Space Wolves
  • IoM = DeathKorps of Krieg
  • Xenos = Aeldari
  • Chaos = Emperor's Children 

I would love to be looking at the first 6 months of AoS following a similar path (with each Grand Alliance getting something significant) 

• Order -CoS
  • Chaos - Chorfs
  • Death -SBGL
  • Destruction GSG 

Trading periods and when financial reports are released are important. Do they want something like Chorfs/Space Wolves to fall in the 52/3 weeks of trading to June 2025 or kick off the next period? 

We could get something like 

• Order - Single Hero Battletome
  • Chaos - Single Hero Battletome
  • Death - SBGL
  • Destruction - GSG

There were rumours a while back about the possibility of Deamons getting updated kits and for Daemons as a 40k faction being removed. Emperor's Children might go some way to answer that if the codex includes Slaanesh Demons. 

Well, Chaos should be covered by S2D already, right? So we would be missing Order, and then we could have again Death or Destro.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cyrus said:

There is nothing negative about that post whatsoever. I hope that the Single Hero + Battletome updates are kept to a minimum as well. I appreciate that with 23 factions there will be some that do get it, I certainly hope it isn't factions like FS, IDK, Ogors, etc 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

If one thing was done right with warscrolls, it was with weapon loadout. Giving multiple options for one unit overcomplicate both assembling models and it lengthens the rolls. Best example is a team of 5 KO Thunderers, each with separate weapon profile.

You mention KH. I'm with Sylvaneth since their first battletome. Over the years Kurnoth Hunters' weapon profiles changed several times making it frustrating for someone who wanted to play competitively wysiwyg. 

But skills are something different. Most of the time they don't require more fuss too be played by made all these models special. Skills often reflect units lore or just make them useful outside of their stats.

The problem is that AoS has never been wysiwyg.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Well, Chaos should be covered by S2D already, right? So we would be missing Order, and then we could have again Death or Destro.

That's certainly a possibility. I suppose I am just thinking in terms of Quarters. The way the "Roadmap" is laid out is pretty garbage. Orruks and GSG... the first month? Quarter? Six months? Death? Huh? :S

48 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I'd say these expectations are justified. Hero on foot for several armies would be out of place at best.

@Ejecutor

Depends with whom did you play. But still it feels strange to declare your KH with bows are really KH with scythes. I ended up with having a bunch of every KH as the rules changed over time.

Edited by Aeryenn

Bt + foot hero or Codex + foot hero is part of 3 years cycle of main games : if someone really thinks that GW can give a size release to every 24 AoS factions or  every 30  40K armies  every 3 years is either a dreamer or live in another world.

As @Garrac pointed out usually every edition has 4 big releases and 4 small/mid size releases , the rest are Bt + foot hero : simple as that .

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I don't think it will be a slow year. The slow bit would be the end of 2024. In the end, in 6 months, we will have 3 BTs, but once we touch 2025 it will speed up.

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Bt + foot hero or Codex + foot hero is part of 3 years cycle of main games : if someone really thinks that GW can give a size release to every 24 AoS factions or  every 30  40K armies  every 3 years is either a dreamer or live in another world.

As @Garrac

Just swapping that foot hero for a five man squad would do wonders for fyreslayers.

GW did a good job with IJ last year. Some other factions would really appreciate this kind of treatment.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Just swapping that foot hero for a five man squad would do wonders for fyreslayers.

GW did a good job with IJ last year. Some other factions would really appreciate this kind of treatment.

Yes , as Ironjawz player and collector I have been waiting 7 years for a second wave . And I already know that for Ironjawz there will be only spearhead with existing miniatures in 4 Th edition and it is totally fine . 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cyrus said:

if someone really thinks that GW can give a size release to every 24 AoS factions

Nobody said that. (AoS has 23 factions) 

42 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes , as Ironjawz player and collector I have been waiting 7 years for a second wave

IronJawz received 5 kits last year? 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Silent him. It is what I did long time ago. I was warned after he was pushing my buttons for weeks.

Although, the improvement of the production could make that we have a new medium size release per year, but that's all IMHO. 40k increased the number of kits but It was not an huge increased number in total per year.

50 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Exactly. Nobody expects, thinks or even wants 23 factions to get multiple kits each edition. Just something other than a singular foot-hero would do wonders for many factions. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

That's certainly a possibility. I suppose I am just thinking in terms of Quarters. The way the "Roadmap" is laid out is pretty garbage. Orruks and GSG... the first month? Quarter? Six months? Death? Huh? :S

At the end of 25 we will have more than half of all the BTs

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

The problem is that AoS has never been wysiwyg.

That's not true. First and second edition were like that. It is at middle second edition that battletome start to be focus on kits sprues to limit the units options 

• Like 1

The single hero releases are occasionally the right move, where it's just to replace a tired old sculpts or whatever, but being able to swap the single release to a unit, small monster, or war machine, etc. would go a long way.  Some factions don't necessarily need lots of extra kits, but most if then also don't need more extraneous hero options at this point.

• Like 9