The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Elarin said:

You can add a new KT Starter Set: Space Marines (Space Marines Heroes Series 4) vs Death Guard (Space Marines Heroes Series 3) and cardboard/MDF terrain

Card, maybe. The old little starter boxes had scenery printed on the interior cardboard box to use it as a building. No way GW is going to do MDF, it would be asking to be copied.

2 hours ago, Elarin said:

You can add a new KT Starter Set: Space Marines (Space Marines Heroes Series 4) vs Death Guard (Space Marines Heroes Series 3) and cardboard/MDF terrain

There was a Valrak rumour a year or so ago that GW would be doing MDF terrain so it wouldn't be surprsing to me if that was for this. The question is just if this is all or if GW will do more with MDF

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So that Red gobbo christmas model i think it might have Grombrindal on it as well

here the tease

has-these-been-teased-anywhere-else-other-than-this-panflet-v0-17ploa27e6ud1.webp.1cbe475d0bbaf89fb934f99931e18c78.webp

Probably the resolve for this RE:
2023-12-05.png
Left hand side of the silhouette has a branch arm/hand and the drawing of the snowman shows it as young pine or juniper needles which it kinda looks like. Also seems to have a cold tone paint wise.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Are you jokin? MDF Terrain?

What's the issue with MDF? Some of the laser-cut MDF terrain available these days is excellent. It's hard-wearing, light, easily customisable and much cheaper than plastic. 

Making terrain out of plastic isn't ideal. 

I still think that high-quality, high-density, coloured printed card scenery kits would be an amazing avenue for GW to explore. https://battlesystems.co.uk/ does some great kits. 

Fantasy-Wargames-Terrain-Fantasy-Village.jpg.bc32e57210069d5b2ee079ccd5e919ca.jpg

Fantasy-Wargames-Terrain-Fantasy-Village-contents.png.a0a99f735e5a4d128cd9330495a73983.png

Fantasy-Wargames-Terrain-Tavern.jpg.bc86d8ae8df6b998a6b76e273b6856f4.jpg

Fantasy-Wargames-Terrain-Town-House-1080x836.jpg.5f1407d17b30f307a53562766c7205f3.jpg

Fantasy-Wargames-Terrain-Fantasy-Battlefield-1080x743.jpg.78c84c14475dd5179acff66ceb833736.jpg

Fantasy-Dungeon-Set-Up-and-Box.png.5a8a7e60e4c0ac696c27dfd0e649d919.png

Combined with accessory kits made out of plastic you can have full, amazing-looking boards easily. 

I think that GW is missing a trick by not having a full scenery department. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 4

3 hours ago, Hollow said:

What's the issue with MDF? Some of the laser-cut MDF terrain available these days is excellent. It's hard-wearing, light, easily customisable and much cheaper than plastic. 

I still think that high-quality, high-density, coloured printed card scenery kits would be an amazing avenue for GW to explore. https://battlesystems.co.uk/ does some great kits. 

Fantasy-Wargames-Terrain-Fantasy-Village.jpg.bc32e57210069d5b2ee079ccd5e919ca.jpg

Fantasy-Wargames-Terrain-Fantasy-Village-contents.png.a0a99f735e5a4d128cd9330495a73983.png

Fantasy-Wargames-Terrain-Town-House-1080x836.jpg.5f1407d17b30f307a53562766c7205f3.jpg

Fantasy-Wargames-Terrain-Fantasy-Battlefield-1080x743.jpg.78c84c14475dd5179acff66ceb833736.jpg

Combined with accessory kits made out of plastic you can have full, amazing-looking boards easily. 

Except this isn't MDF. It's made of cardboard.

This is MDF

image.jpeg.c0128a8783c8ee64af64e3f8399dc610.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, xAres said:

Except this isn't MDF. It's made of cardboard.

This is MDF

image.jpeg.c0128a8783c8ee64af64e3f8399dc610.jpeg

I edited my original post as my source assumed it's MDF based on the pictures they saw; however, I'm not sure if they didn't mistake cardboard terrain for MDF

They described it as multiple flat walls and obstacles with images printed on them. For me, it sounds somewhat 2-dimensional and I feel like it might be cardboard rather than MDF

Edited by Elarin
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Hollow said:

Indeed. I mean, when it comes to regular miniatures, it's hard to argue that GW aren't the #1 in the field. But when it comes to scenery, there's a lot of other companies doing just as well (if not better) at competitive prices. 

No-one uses exclusively GW terrain in their games. Not in my slice of the world, leastways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

“ Laugh” reaction from Whitefang on this post , so likely no snarlfangs chariot in armybox. 

That does make sense, if there was going to be plastic goblin chariots, they would most likely be an TOW release. 

I would absolutely love plastic goblin chariots tho, released in either game! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

so was holding off till i get info on the Emperor children rumors but since this is a AOS forum I'll add those the next reveal show rake up

AOS

• Narrative campaign
  • Orruk Warclans with a spearhead (possibly Ironjawz)
  •  Gloomspite gitz next
    • Gitmob army box
  • Soulblight Gravelord afterwards which will have an army box of Deathrattle skeleton range (not the basic skeletons) along with Zombie Dragon by Whitefang back me up 
  • Chaos dwarfs 2025 various including HonestWargammer & Whitefang
    • Chaos Dwarves design was "too similar to the TOW pitch" by Honest wargamer
    • Will have a cog aesthetic by Honest wargamer  
  •  CoS getting a Cogfort by Whitefangbackmeup
  • Lumineth getting their own phoenix guard by Whitefang
  • Seraphon getting Temple guard through rumor engines (possibly for underworld)
  •  Wanderers, swifthawk, Greenskinz are get to show up once again in one way by Whitefang 

UNDERWORLD

• Roadmap soon
  • 3 heralds said to bring more stuff in the future
    •  Chaos dwarfs with other races like Hobgrots
    • Kerthusa's Daughter of Khaine warband
    • Gitmob/Kurnothi/Order of Azyr 
  • A warband that goes "rawr" (Seraphon ?)
  • A warband with a potbelly (it Nurgle demon)
  • A chaos warband
  • A Destruction warband

WARCRY

• Next year a new edition

• New Red gobbo Christmas model with a snowman (rumor engine with the branch is from there)
  • Krieg wave
    • A Krieg commissar
    • A Krieg captain on horse
    • Heavy weapons squad
    • Krieg command squad
    •  Krieg Death Rider 
    • WW1 artillery
  • Eldar wave
    • Updated Asurman
    • Updated Fuegan with new fire dragons 
    • New Pheonix lord for the Warp spider and new warp spider 
    • Updated Barroth with new swooping hawks
    • Updated Prince Yriel
    • Eldar Corsairs (some will have jump-pack) & Corsair Warseer
    • Eldar Viper vehicles (other vehicles redesign)
  • Imperial Knights
    •  New Armiger
  • Emperor Children (2025)
    •  Plastic Daemon Prince Fulgrim
    • Lucius the eternal 
    • Noise Marines
  • Space wolves
    •  Logan Grimnar but he no longer has his sled 
  • Codex Daemons of Chaos are gone
  • Orkz big bad for 11 edition in 2 years

HH 

• Plastic Fellblade & Glaive tank
  • New edition (book printed and ready) MK II armor Iron warrior vs Salamanders theme with saturnine terminators, Saturnine dreadnoaught and new weapon team
  •  Plastic Mechnicum knights 
  • There talk about moving the setting to the Scouring series in the future with new Mk 7 armor  

KT 

•  Grey knights
  • World eaters ( it's Khorne theme so assuming it World eater)
  •  Exodites (this one is extreme far fetch)
  • new KT Starter Set: Space Marines (Space Marines Heroes Series 4) vs Death Guard (Space Marines Heroes Series 3) and MDF terrain by Elarin

Necromunda

• More new Malstraine Genestealers
  • Updating old gangs 

TOW

• Empire
    • New Captain
    • New Hedgewitch
    • New Warmachine
    • FW Mannan’s blades returns
    • No new cannon or knights
  • High elves
    •  Tyrion and Teclis are the special characters
    • New nautical character
  • Beastmen are getting the returning Peytron, Gorebull & Fimir
    • Morgur is special character
  • Grand Cathay coming long time but coming collaborated by Whitefang

if any of our rumor mongers @Whitefang or @Whitefang back me up want to dispel or add in this list go ahead but yeah next event in in novemeber

As much as we’ve all hyped up Ogors on this thread, and it’s clear we want them real bad, the lack of a rumor monger endorsement has definitely kept me from getting too excited. I do wish we could get a more reliable wink-nudge than “HWG/Rob says it makes sense”, to add them to this list.

Unrelated to AoS- are the mechanicum knights a new independent rumor or a leftover from that wishlist/fake set last year that got really popular?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So that Red gobbo christmas model i think it might have Grombrindal on it as well

here the tease

has-these-been-teased-anywhere-else-other-than-this-panflet-v0-17ploa27e6ud1.webp.1cbe475d0bbaf89fb934f99931e18c78.webp

That's another rumour engine solved. It feels weird that one Christmas rumour engine was part of a mini from the next Christmas. So maybe those are not sorted quickly anymore.

8 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Probably the resolve for this RE:
2023-12-05.png
Left hand side of the silhouette has a branch arm/hand and the drawing of the snowman shows it as young pine or juniper needles which it kinda looks like. Also seems to have a cold tone paint wise.

A link to an image from my site? 

Seal Of Approval T-Shirt

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hollow said:

Oh, nothing wrong. I just don't see GW making that step, so the message shocked me.

2 hours ago, Elarin said:

I edited my original post as my source assumed it's MDF based on the pictures they saw; however, I'm not sure if they didn't mistake cardboard terrain for MDF

They described it as multiple flat walls and obstacles with images printed on them. For me, it sounds somewhat 2-dimensional and I feel like it might be cardboard rather than MDF

Looks more like cardboard, something more in line to the old WHFB boxes or what they put inside the kids' kits for schools:

r/WarhammerFantasy - Found this classic terrain piece from the 6th Edition starter box

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1