The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Yeah, I hadn't seen printed MDF before either. Given the number of MDF terrain makers out there, I'd kinda assumed it just wasn't really something you could do.

We are talking about this in a whatsapp group and they shared one brand. We are using it as kind of a price guessing base:

Bolt Action Terrain (microartstudio.com)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I like the cardboard/MDF terrain. Based on the thickness it could easily be MDF as @Elarin initially said:

EDIT: It is MDF indeed.

kt-startersetreveal-oct14_image5.jpg

Yeah me too. Between that, the nice sculpts and the low amounts of miniatures inside the box, I might actually pick this one up ! Might be a nice comeback to the grim dark future.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And the burned sides of the MDF look conveniently cool.

Yeah until it iss chipped by use... It looks really cheap IMO, next to 1. the other great terrain of 100% similar ruins they did for Volkus and 2. the gorgeously detailed Space Marines Heroes series.

My Monday Nurgle Need is temporarily stated by the prospect of the Death Guard warband getting (free?) KT24 rules (got them assembled some time ago) but yeah @Ejecutor we need leaks from the Underworlds now !

If we're talking about terrain, I want to draw attention to this website (initially brought to my attention by @Ejecutor) https://3dhexes.com/products/.

They have some absolutely incredible terrain to 3D print, some of which seems heavily inspired by AoS factions. Some of the terrain is perfect for Fyreslayers, Ogors, Sylvaneth, Gloomspite, Lumineth, CoS and Idoneth. They've even got a kickstarter for a fortresssthat looks extremely Ossiarch inspired.

Well, it looks like it is the best of both worlds. MDF, and it is printed! I like this as a clean, simple, effective terrain solution out of the box and think that it is great for people new to the hobby (and veterans) Having massive amounts of plastic terrain to paint is daunting and with a few scatter pieces (With some loose sand or gravel) can make a nice board quickly. 

I hope we see some AoS-related MDF printed scenery. 

• Like 3

Yeah, as what is meant to be an introductionary/gateway item, MDF is a good choice. Plastic terrain tends to crank the price up into 'not newbie friendly' territory or is so limited you have to go out and buy more terrain to get a decent rendition of a game going anyway. Paper terrain on the other hand is... well, just kind of rubbish.

MDF with designs printed on it is an excellent middle ground that lets you quickly throw it together on your kitchen table, while still looking half decent.

Of course this is somewhat determinable by the price is ends up being, but at least they seem to have put some thought into this - a lot of people wanted a Death Guard Kill Team and for the Heroes models to make a come back.

Be interesting to see what they do with WarCry '25 next year.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Cor blimey! What a massive step up from that plastic rubbish. We'll be lucky if they don't raise the price by at least 15%!

kt-startersetreveal-oct14_image5.jpg

Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I am happy for something should (hopefully) lower the barrier to entry (i.e. price). On the other these L shaped MDF things remind me so much of all the 40k tournaments I have seen side by side with the AoS ones I was attending -all invariably fighting on a table of L shaped MDF/cardboard terrain

25 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Are people assuming that just because the contents of the box are lower quality that GW will lower the price of said box?

That's funny.

Indeed 😄, but hopefully the price is reasonable. The KT set is really cool! Hopefully they made enough.

44 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

with Launch Year I assume that they mean that new Underworlds launches in 2025? Because there isn't a lot of 2024 left for a roadmap.

I think it is more like “12 months”  launch roadmap: new seasons used to drop in October and April .

Now we know that there aren’t seasons anymore .

@Elarinconfirmed that new revealed core box is on the way to influencers/youtubers for review.

Expecting something like this 

Hoja-de-ruta.jpg

• Like 5

Im gathering slowly new skaven but i just wondering... What do you think about possibility of releasing army sets similar to Darkoath but dedicated to other clans like pestilens and eshin? Is GW trying out now new type of army sets with supplements for AoS? It's suspicious for me that there are the only ones that didnt get any dedicated unit besides underworlds warbands.

33 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think it is more like “12 months”  launch roadmap: new seasons used to drop in October and April .

Now we know that there aren’t seasons anymore .

@Elarinconfirmed that new revealed core box is on the way to influencers/youtubers for review.

Expecting something like this 

Hoja-de-ruta.jpg

Not just that. We are seeing games, rules, the roadmap... the launch is imminent.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Knopers said:

Im gathering slowly new skaven but i just wondering... What do you think about possibility of releasing army sets similar to Darkoath but dedicated to other clans like pestilens and eshin? Is GW trying out now new type of army sets with supplements for AoS? It's suspicious for me that there are the only ones that didnt get any dedicated unit besides underworlds warbands.

IMO their time this edition is over and we will have to wait for 5th.

• Like 1

I hope the MDF terrain won't be in the next Warcry box as well. It's suitable for city terrain, but we have more than enough of that. I want more terrain like Seraphon ruins, Gnarloaks, bones, Mawpit, etc. Now that we're moving to Aqshy, it's time to see some of the natural environments of the Great Parch!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I hope the MDF terrain won't be in the next Warcry box as well. It's suitable for city terrain, but we have more than enough of that. I want more terrain like Seraphon ruins, Gnarloaks, bones, Mawpit, etc. Now that we're moving to Aqshy, it's time to see some of the natural environments of the Great Parch!

I don't think we ever saw the inside of the crashed Seraphon ship, which is disappointing to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1