The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I hope the MDF terrain won't be in the next Warcry box as well. It's suitable for city terrain, but we have more than enough of that. I want more terrain like Seraphon ruins, Gnarloaks, bones, Mawpit, etc. Now that we're moving to Aqshy, it's time to see some of the natural environments of the Great Parch!

Don't think that mdf terrain will found a place outside of starter boxes.

Maybe when they release a  crypt of blood-like set for next edition its mdf. 

25 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I hope the MDF terrain won't be in the next Warcry box as well. It's suitable for city terrain, but we have more than enough of that. I want more terrain like Seraphon ruins, Gnarloaks, bones, Mawpit, etc. Now that we're moving to Aqshy, it's time to see some of the natural environments of the Great Parch!

MDF 'Dawnbringer Bastion' terrain doesn't seem too crazy honestly. As Gotz says, it'll probably just be a Starter Set thing though.

I am hopeful it's something Aqshy, but I'm not bias on that point I swear.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Bear in mind they got the launch box with plastic terrain, and the starter one with MDF. My bet is the same approach for Warcry.

Also, as someone suggested, Warcry and UW got settings around the same area/ theme in the past, so wouldn't be crazy if Warcry is set in Embergard.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Bear in mind they got the launch box with plastic terrain, and the starter one with MDF. My bet is the same approach for Warcry.

Also, as someone suggested, Warcry and UW got settings around the same area/ theme in the past, so wouldn't be crazy if Warcry is set in Embergard.

My super special secret sources told me that the MDF version is not set in Embergard, but its dark mirror;

image.jpeg.a94315fd67669ead64cfe68f0e3db4e2.jpeg

Regarding my source: 

image.jpeg.e17d320e2f9c49050b4eacfa429a97e2.jpeg

YOU ARE WELCOME.

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

I don't think we ever saw the inside of the crashed Seraphon ship, which is disappointing to me.

We did not, but I would not be surprised if we suddenly get hit with a new box being there. One of the White Dwarf scenarios that came out this year was about discovering the entrance to the ship and the Terratic Cohort had some lore about they were there because they were trying to stop people from getting to the entrance so with both a mission and a warband coming out this year connected to the entrance I would not be surprised if next part is reaching it.

2 hours ago, Elarin said:

It's going to be the same price as current Warcry Starter Set. It's coming really really soon

So 87,5 euro? Instant buy than. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

100%, I don't mind it for KT, as there is already enough plastic terrain for 40K, but for AoS there isn't nearly enough plastic terrain so mdf terrain would be a let down (imo ofcourse).

• Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

While I'm not suggesting that GW would discontinue a game as succesful and popular as Warcry, but even Middle Earth is getting much more prime time these days, and that's saying something.

That's exactly what people said about Underworlds until a few weeks ago. Warcry just received a huge free rules update, has received very consistent releases over the past year (until the launch of AoS4, which took priority) and is due for a new edition soon. It's even prominently featured on the new WarCom front page.

The current season got almost 20 bespoke warbands and a ton of terrain. It didn't get the spotlight for a few reveals, but before that so did Underworlds. TOW is not getting attention every reveal stream either; does it mean TOW is doing poorly too? The doomsaying is getting tiring.

The fact that we're getting more and better integration of both UW and Warcry into AoS (UW warbands releasing as generic AoS units, AoS units like Brand's Oathbound, Saviours of Cinderfall and the Blacktalons becoming bespoke Warcry Warbands and the constant integration of new AoS (sub)factions into fully fledged Warcry factions) is a clear sign that both games are here to stay.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, cyrus said:

I think it is more like “12 months”  launch roadmap: new seasons used to drop in October and April .

Now we know that there aren’t seasons anymore .

@Elarinconfirmed that new revealed core box is on the way to influencers/youtubers for review.

Expecting something like this 

Hoja-de-ruta.jpg

I expect more than that

1 hour ago, Vaellas said:

We did not, but I would not be surprised if we suddenly get hit with a new box being there. One of the White Dwarf scenarios that came out this year was about discovering the entrance to the ship and the Terratic Cohort had some lore about they were there because they were trying to stop people from getting to the entrance so with both a mission and a warband coming out this year connected to the entrance I would not be surprised if next part is reaching it.

The lore of Briar and Bone was all about how the Terratic Cohort has made it to the ship that has bbeing defended by the Twistedweald who are beginning to collapse and burry the ship deep underground ending the realmshaper engine

So there can be a bit more lore around this to explore

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I going out say we won't be going to Aqshy rather we probably be going to Ghyran or Shyish depending on what the Mosscarin is located

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

While I'm not suggesting that GW would discontinue a game as succesful and popular as Warcry, but even Middle Earth is getting much more prime time these days, and that's saying something.

To be fair mate MESBG has been mostly quiet for almost a decade and it has a new film coming out that GW has the license for.

Warcry has been quiet, what, a couple months?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The Teratic Cohort and Twistweald have just been released. The Ravening Gnarlock is up for preorder. It also had new Warband rules dropped on Warcom 2 weeks ago. 

I think some people need to chill on what they consider ongoing support. These games are not computer games, they aren't "live service" Some "content" per quarter is already plenty. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

The Teratic Cohort and Twistweald have just been released. The Ravening Gnarlock is up for preorder. It also had new Warband rules dropped on Warcom 2 weeks ago. 

I think some people need to chill on what they consider ongoing support. These games are not computer games, they aren't "live service" Some "content" per quarter is already plenty. 

Not to mention rules for Ruination Chamber, Darkoath and Brand's Oathbound getting its own rules and becoming a bespoke Warcry warband. Then there are 23 pages of rules updates adding new fighters and balancing the game further. That was just a bit over 2 weeks ago.

There are so many ways to play Warcry, and they're all really good. Best GW game for sure.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Not to mention rules for Ruination Chamber, Darkoath and Brand's Oathbound getting its own rules and becoming a bespoke Warcry warband. Then there are 23 pages of rules updates adding new fighters and balancing the game further. That was just a bit over 2 weeks ago.

There are so many ways to play Warcry, and they're all really good. Best GW game for sure.

Probably Warcry will be present in the next preview and will be the game carrying the AoS flag if we think AoS will have only the narrative book and UW would have just received a new edition.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Snarff said:

That's exactly what people said about Underworlds until a few weeks ago. Warcry just received a huge free rules update, has received very consistent releases over the past year (until the launch of AoS4, which took priority) and is due for a new edition soon. It's even prominently featured on the new WarCom front page.

The current season got almost 20 bespoke warbands and a ton of terrain. It didn't get the spotlight for a few reveals, but before that so did Underworlds. TOW is not getting attention every reveal stream either; does it mean TOW is doing poorly too? The doomsaying is getting tiring.

The fact that we're getting more and better integration of both UW and Warcry into AoS (UW warbands releasing as generic AoS units, AoS units like Brand's Oathbound, Saviours of Cinderfall and the Blacktalons becoming bespoke Warcry Warbands and the constant integration of new AoS (sub)factions into fully fledged Warcry factions) is a clear sign that both games are here to stay.

not only that. Warcry has been consistently getting a ton of articles on white dwarf. 

Warband rules from dual boxes have been re-released on WD and 2 or 3 campaigns. Also most of AoS campaigns had content for warcry (like the siege campaign that had a scenario to play inside the city using Cursed City tiles).

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Warcry is a game that seems to be criminally underplayed to me. It has a bunch of features people are always wishing AoS had: Alternating activations, strength/toughness, hero customization, campaign play, very freeform list building, allies...

I feel like a lot of people who are unhappy with the direction of AoS should give this game a chance.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

To be fair mate MESBG has been mostly quiet for almost a decade and it has a new film coming out that GW has the license for.

Oh, I do hope it means nothing. Love Warcry and would love to see it continue and develop. But at the same time, it's been now a number of previews, without any mentions, so there's also that.

26 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Oh, I do hope it means nothing. Love Warcry and would love to see it continue and develop. But at the same time, it's been now a number of previews, without any mentions, so there's also that.

Tbh Underworlds went for much longer without news and is getting a new edition. Warcry has been getting updates and although we have had no news of new boxes coming in the 2 large updates that came this years there were looooooads of existing AoS models that got awesome rules and added a lot to the game. I am still sat waiting for the day we get an Idoneth warband.

Tournaments are still filling up at Warhammer World even when they were on odd days like Wednesdays during term time. Wargames on Toast also said he had a moment to talk to John Bracken who said in terms of tournament play Warcry has seen the fastest growth out of all of GW games atm so although it isn't a huge community yet they can see people are getting more and more in to it so I am sure it will be fine.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Just like Underworlds recently for half a year. Or Middle Earth sometimes for an entire year. Or TOW and HH for a number of previews at a time. Even 40K or AoS are sometimes not featured in previews. Does that mean something for those games as well?

We're just coming out of the massive AoS4 launch, followed by an entire Underworlds rework and new edition with 4 warbands (also an AoS game). Warcry might be just around the corner.

The closest comparison would be Kill Team. They got no news at all from May until August (besides a balance update) after which Hivestorm was revealed. Admittedly, Warcrys last reveals were in March (even though we got 2 factions added to Warcry since then and another AoS unit getting full warcry rules. There's also constant focus on Warcry in the white dwarfs. Just let them cook, season 2 of Warcry expanded the scope and the amount of warbands in the game MASSIVELY compared to season 1. A bit of downtime is not a bad thing.

• Like 2