The Rumour Thread

When is the black library event?

cause 

"Into this volatile mix steps Grombrindal accompanied by the Oathbreakers, a group of duardin who harbour an individual cursed by the Ancestor’s Burden."

it almost make me wonder what if we get a bundle of heroes of these guys like we did with blacktalon's, gunnar's and callis & toll

image.jpeg.d25959da8d69eb67221325b7e262febc.jpeg

image.jpeg.e2c9ac48678b2927e42c26d0efcec512.jpeg

image.jpeg.5538a75f969a5cb302cd7df5985f440a.jpeg

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 6

29 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

cause 

"Into this volatile mix steps Grombrindal accompanied by the Oathbreakers, a group of duardin who harbour an individual cursed by the Ancestor’s Burden."

it almost make me wonder what if we get a bundle hero hero of these guys like we did with blacktalon's, gunnar's and callis & toll

December. The Black Library Preview (9/12/2023). That's the data from last year.

About the heroes set, it would be a bit of a joke if they sold a Grombri not so long ago that was not available for competitive gameplay just to sell it again with some buddies some months later.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

cause 

it almost make me wonder what if we get a bundle hero hero of these guys like we did with blacktalon's, gunnar's and callis & toll

That would be amazing. I love sets like this. They should do it more. A set of a duardin adventurers of the same quality as that FS Warcry band would be amazing. 

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I'm still waiting for Drekki's crew... two nobels, some short stories, cannonized in our battletome, but still nothing. And to be fair, Drekki fits a lot better as mercenary/regiment of renown than Blacktalons or Saviours of Cindefall.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

With the rumours about the upcoming Nurgle and Seraphon warbands for UW I made a global count, this is how it looks:

Order
Cities of Sigmar: 2
Daughters of Khaine: 3
Fyreslayers: 1
Idoneth Deepkin: 2
Kharadron Overlords: 1
Lumineth Realm-Lords: 1
Seraphon: 1 + 1 (Rumoured) = 2
Stormcast Eternals: 8
Sylvaneth: 2

Death
Flesh-Eater Courts: 2
Nighthaunt: 4
Ossiarch Bonereapers: 1
Soulblight Gravelords: 1 (Legions of Nagash) + 4 = 5

Chaos
Beasts of Chaos (RIP): 1
Blades of Khorne: 3
Disciples of Tzeentch: 2
Hedonites of Slaanesh: 2
Maggotkin of Nurgle: 1 + 1 (Rumoured) = 2
Skaven: 4
Slaves to Darkness: 3

Destruction
Gloomspite Gitz: 4
Ogor Mawtribes: 2
Orruk Warclans: 2 (IJ) + 1 (Bonesplitterz ) + 2 (KB) = 5
Sons of Behemat: 0

Looks like the field is more or less even and almost anyone could receive a new warband.

Fyreslayers, Kharadron and Ogors please!!

7 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

HOLY COGS!

CHORFS!

EMPEROR CHILDREN!

DARK MECHANICUS

We are not prepared, but it could be the best gen of GW hobby ever.

AND OGORS!!

6 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Absolutely love more AOS Black Library content!!

5 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I really don't like the cover artwork... Grombrindal looks like he's made from bad 3D modelling, or like a Heroforge character I done ****** up with the pose.

Agree, its a terrible cover.

3 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

cause 

it almost make me wonder what if we get a bundle of heroes of these guys like we did with blacktalon's, gunnar's and callis & toll

Excellent idea Id love to see it!!

• LOVE IT! 1

Not Sure who that short man is, but Grombrindal he is not. There’s something very un-Dwarfen about the proportions. 

The fact he’s once again in this very distinctive scale armour really does make me think we’re getting a new mini down the line. How odd though that they would make 2 though for AoS.  

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

The fact he’s once again in this very distinctive scale armour really does make me think we’re getting a new mini down the line

I kind of hard to tell but he has the same armor as did in the Chronicle cover just that the 500 model is different with added gloves instead of gauthlets, remove axe pauldron, fyreslayer face belt buckle and extra bit on said belt like the compass

GZ7-T3BXYAAWMoU?format=jpg&name=large

Grombrindal.jpg.9cda802a83419b74a9bd6077b4ca5038.jpg

Grombrindal the White Dwarf Issue 500 Version

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

How odd though that they would make 2 though for AoS.  

But the first one isn't for AOS technically it went into legends before it was release. It was a White Dwarf 500 celebration model than a AOS main game model

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Thanks 6

@Dragon-knight77 He may have been a legends model, but his box, rules and even the artwork were all AoS. I’d very much classify that release as AoS, and probably only down to the very stupid reason of “The AoS design team called dibs on Grombrindal”.

I don’t know what to say about the armour, the axe and much of the Mail has some parallels.  But So much is instantly different, The Beard and beard rings. The Gloves, the belt, shoulder pads, and no compass. And The Design has been repeated twice with no variation, thats remarkably specific. Why not be as specific with the 500 artwork and with the Celebration mini. I smell a New Dwarf 🎅🏻

• Like 1

@Dragon-knight77 @Kronos

Dwarfs are allowed to wear a variety of different outfits - and I suspect encouraged to, they must get pretty sweaty under those thick beards, and drinking all that beer, and are gonna want to dry clean every opportunity they get.

Grombrindal's wardrobe is legendary, and even Gotrek's styled a variety of differently coloured (usually striped) pairs of trousers on various novel covers over the years. Sartorially inclined dwarfs - more likely than you think!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I kind of hard to tell but he has the same armor as did in the Chronicle cover just that the 500 model is different with added gloves instead of gauthlets, remove axe pauldron, fyreslayer face belt buckle and extra bit on said belt like the compass

GZ7-T3BXYAAWMoU?format=jpg&name=large

Grombrindal.jpg.9cda802a83419b74a9bd6077b4ca5038.jpg

Grombrindal the White Dwarf Issue 500 Version

But the first one isn't for AOS technically it went into legends before it was release. It was a White Dwarf 500 celebration model than a AOS main game model

That's what's wrong about the concept. It was an AoS main game model, just that as it was a limited time release it is not allowed into competitive. But the main game and the one that the mini was aimed for was AoS.

15 hours ago, Snarff said:

My ideal setting this season would be the Adamantite Chain (ideally sieging a Magmahold). Adamantite chain allows for so many warbands. Idoneth near the coast of the range fending off Skaven, Fyreslayers/Kharadron fending off Skaven, Chuardin doing their thing, obviously Skaven themselves. Ironjawz can even come in just looking for fights.

We actually miss warcry warbands for :

Idoneth

Kharadron

Slaanesh

Skaven

Gloomspite 

Ironjawz ( if we consider them separate from Kruleboyz/monstakillaz)

For Chorfs we should count Horns of hashut .

Both Idoneth vs Slaanesh and Kharadron vs Skaven are great match ups for themed boxes.

Idoneth has multiple RE to be solved .

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Any hints on what else's to come for Necromunda ❤️?

“That's still not all there is to come for the Squats of Necromunda, so join us again next week where we'll have something of the literary persuasion and something else all of your prospectors can enjoy.”

From Warcom squat trike article 

44 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It hurts to see Grombrindal with Legendary rules. He should be a main model for Duardin armies (maybe even for Cities).

Btw, anyone knows if the old Regiments of Renown are still valid even if they are not in the newest book? I'm talking about Blacktalons

IIRC everything from DB was moved into 4th edition.

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

It hurts to see Grombrindal with Legendary rules. He should be a main model for Duardin armies (maybe even for Cities).

I wouldn't want him as a main model since both KO and FS have more important faction leaders who need the spotlight more (Brokk Grungsson is criminally underused for example). I'd love to see him in a Blacktalons-like Regiment of Renown though. I actually think that it's an excellent way to introduce important named characters into an army. Then he could even open up rules for an army of renown to mix KO/FS and Dispossessed, without being detrimental to any of those armies.

More of those would be super welcome, and alongside Warcry warbands I think they're an ideal way to explore new concepts in armies that are already mostly complete. I wouldn't like to see a Grombrindal unit be released instead of models for FS or KO, but in addition to them I'd be fine with it.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I know.

A unit/detachment that starts an edition with updated rules can still be Legend'ed. What I'm asking for is, if the new Battletomes overwrites Faction Packs, do they also overwrite Armies of Renowns PDF?

They are different publications, so no it doesn't get overwritten 👍

17 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I mean, in the old AoS Lore (first and second edition). I remember reading that name before

"Oathbreaker" is the same as "Umbraneth" : a made-up term used to describe the future Chaos Duardin. It was never used by GW, it came from here or 4chan. It is not the same as "Steamhead Duardin" in 1st ed. fluff becoming "Kharadron Overlords" latter in the edition. 

15 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

bundle of heroes

I'd get that three kits if they weren't that pricey. The Cat Spy Lady and the Darkoath Shaman, notably, are awesome. 

20 hours ago, Chikout said:

There hasn't been a Warcry release for (checks notes)  a whole four days! The last major update to the rules was almost a month ago.  The game must be doomed!

Some common sense, thank you. 

On 10/15/2024 at 8:40 AM, Snarff said:

Not to mention rules for Ruination Chamber, Darkoath and Brand's Oathbound getting its own rules and becoming a bespoke Warcry warband. Then there are 23 pages of rules updates adding new fighters and balancing the game further. That was just a bit over 2 weeks ago.

There are so many ways to play Warcry, and they're all really good. Best GW game for sure.

The Imperial Truth. 

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'd get that three kits if they weren't that pricey. The Cat Spy Lady and the Darkoath Shaman, notably, are awesome. 

If you consider them heroes, and compare them with single heroe releases... then they are quite cheap. I prefer this kind of bundle or stuff like the Gobbapalooza or the Command Corpses rather than GW selling them all as single heroes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

If you consider them heroes, and compare them with single heroe releases... then they are quite cheap. I prefer this kind of bundle or stuff like the Gobbapalooza or the Command Corpses rather than GW selling them all as single heroes.

I'd like this too. There are quite a few heroes that could be released in a pack like this. Idoneth Alkhelian Royalty, Fyreslayers Zharrgrim Priesthood, Kharadron Ironclad Crew, etc.