The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Kronos said:

I smell a New Dwarf

Hope so would wish one our rumor engine throw a bone

But one lasting about the book is  that background is in the Ancestor God halls of Barak-Thryng. So i hope we get more info on the others like Morgrim, Smednir, and Thungni cause the only thing we know is that they were regarded as myth by the time the age of chaos is approaching 

image.png.80427d72ea12282343361440a5a81e79.png

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

Contributor's copies have arrived 😀

20241016_115200.jpg

Nice. I got my digitally with the new Anvil novel but can't download it till 26-ish for some reason

out of curiosity is the The Wanderer short about if you got a chance to read it. BL doesn't put any any synopsis except for On top of the sholder of giants

Is like any actual wanderer elf short or something else?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Nice. I got my digitally with the new Anvil novel but can't download it till 26-ish for some reason

out of curiosity is the The Wanderer short about if you got a chance to read it. BL doesn't put any any synopsis except for On top of the sholder of giants

Is like any actual wanderer elf short or something else?

I think the 26th is the actual release date, I just get mine early as a writer (for once - my experience writing for ttrpgs was almost always getting my copies well after public release :P ).

As for The Wanderer, since we are prior to the release date still, I'm not sure if I am supposed to reveal anything about it as yet - so with my sincere apologies, I'll refrain from commenting for now! I haven't read it as yet anyway - the books only arrived this morning :)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It could be a long shot, but is there any chance that you can help for this to be translated into Spanish? Any GW threads you can move? 😅

Reallyyy hoping this one gets released in Hungarian sometime.

Tuan Publishing doesn't have the best track record for AoS (they released like 4 AoS books for every 20 Horus Heresy / 40k), but this year they've really started putting out a lot more of them (10 of them so far), so I'm really hoping I'll be able to get my hands on this one.
Or I've just gotta pray that the English one stays in stock until I decide to buy it 😅

• Like 1

On 10/13/2024 at 12:03 AM, RetconnedLegion said:

Card, maybe. The old little starter boxes had scenery printed on the interior cardboard box to use it as a building. No way GW is going to do MDF, it would be asking to be copied.

Well this post of mine aged like the finest of milks. Very surprised to see GW going down the mdf route. Maybe it’s a response to the card printing issues that caused havoc with releases like Cursed City?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

If you consider them heroes, and compare them with single heroe releases... then they are quite cheap. I prefer this kind of bundle or stuff like the Gobbapalooza or the Command Corpses rather than GW selling them all as single heroes.

Oh I'd love to see more kits like the Gobbapalooza (47.50e) and the Command Corps (44e). But the problem is those new "Named Squads" are priced at insane level of 62.50e.

And they are not full Heroes, they are a bit like an Underworld warband with some Heroes and some support characters, f. e. the Plaguepack, without cards, is at 34e, which is fine (while a lone Lord-Relictor is also at 34e). 

We are talking almost double that price here...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

As far as I know one of the bits on the contract for the old LoTR minis was the scale, so IMO it will be maintained.

It also reduced the production costs significantly. Even with the 8% in royalties, the margins were higher on LOTR models than on Warhammer models, according to Rick Priestly. 

• Thanks 1

'Buy all the guys to get an extra guy' has been a tactic in toy marketing for truly decades, not that that stops it from being a manipulative move, but it's certainly not a new one by any stretch.

I was operating under the assumption that the Underworlds revamp would kinda soft-rotate most of the old teams out of production, or into a legacy-style bracket, but the new card images still show a wider spread of warbands than I expected, so perhaps it's not as hard a cutoff as I was imagining.

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

For anyone interested the toys release kind of show what the minis will look like given that Wulf is identical.

(Also, talk about FOMO and paywalls, need to buy the whole mini set to get the Snow Troll).

IMG_2327.jpeg

IMG_2329.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

I'm sure these will fly off the shelves, just like the new Star wars toys and Marvel figures.....

• Haha 4