The Rumour Thread

So preorder roadmap is shaping like this :

19th Oct : LI dark mec + BA combat patrol

26th Oct : Kill team starter set ( SM vs DG)

2nd November : Underworlds Embergard  

Rest of November should be : -   - AoS StD ( Chaos sorcerer + Darkoath spearhead) 

- Kill team ( Ratlings vs Orks)

- Necromunda Squats release

- Middlearth War of Rohirrim should be either last preorder of November or first of December when the movie hits the theatre.

November 23rd is World championship/ Grand narrative preview.😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Rest of November should be : -   - AoS StD ( Chaos sorcerer + Darkoath spearhead) 

- Middlearth War of Rohirrim should be either last preorder of November or first of December when the movie hits the theatre.

If, as rumoured, the Embergard rules book shows a Nurgle and a Seraphon warband we could have them also sooner rather than later.

22 minutes ago, cyrus said:

19th is only the battlegroups for LI, the individual releases and the Dark Mech sets should be taking up another weekend sometime until the end of the year. 
A Krieg army set is also kinda to be expected before they get their full release in Jan/Feb

And of course the Battleforces somewhere between middle of Nov and beginning of Dec

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Kill Team weekend is possible that have the Battleforces too

17 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

19th is only the battlegroups for LI, the individual releases and the Dark Mech sets should be taking up another weekend sometime until the end of the year. 
A Krieg army set is also kinda to be expected before they get their full release in Jan/Feb

And of course the Battleforces somewhere between middle of Nov and beginning of Dec

Yeah I would say the Krieg box would be the big end of year release (like the FEC last year and StD the one before).

12 hours ago, Sahrial said:

Reddit post

IMG_9225.jpeg.3732907ee9f4785750282becec5254f8.jpeg

IMG_9224.jpeg

How is no one on this thread talking about this ? 

The alternate head looks good ! This really makes me think NH will be the 1st Death BT of 2025. I know, one of our rumourmongers talked about SBGL getting a new zombie dragon and new skeletons...

And also, what is wrong with GW kit leaving the factory before their reveal on WarCom ? This is the 3rd time in 12 months !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

The alternate head looks good ! This really makes me think NH will be the 1st Death BT of 2025. I know, one of our rumourmongers talked about SBGL getting a new zombie dragon and new skeletons...

And also, what is wrong with GW kit leaving the factory before their reveal on WarCom ? This is the 3rd time in 12 months !

It must be to do with its product name or product code, or it's been put in the wrong place. Was the only reason I could think of when Dante got shipped out by mistake. 

Orrrrr, someone in the warehouse is having a laugh. That galvaneer wasn't even packaged was it? Although I heard that was found in a bin or something.

Personally not a fan of the alternative head's weird hairstyle. Rest of the model is still cool though.

8 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Because we already saw the backside back with this post:

On 9/21/2024 at 7:55 AM, Ejecutor said:

Btw, I don't think the back side leaked here yet:

CDN media

It has two heads.

And yeah models leaking this way does seem to happen more often these days but then again we don't know how those models land in other hands. There could be multiple independent reasons why this happens

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

If, as rumoured, the Embergard rules book shows a Nurgle and a Seraphon warband we could have them also sooner rather than later.

Absolute necessity. 

Also, regarding the close release of 2 more warbands around Embergard's launch, it comes from the Preview itself : 

Most warbands will have free digital rules at launch, but 16 will be released physically shortly afterwards. Two brand new warbands will also arrive, for a total of 20 warbands players can buy just to start with. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-gb/articles/j5tbfn9d/warhammer-day-preview-new-edition-of-warhammer-underworlds-brings-the-battle-to-embergard/

(I'm looking forward to the 16 returning warbands too, BTW). 

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Because we discussed it like a month ago :P

Also, that guy is SBGL, not NH.

Edited by Ejecutor

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I owe this model, it was available to buy on ebay. 

• LOVE IT! 1

It's not released properly though is it. It looks like the release was pushed back after some had already shipped to retailers, and those stores have flagged it on ebay.

43 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Absolute necessity. 

Also, regarding the close release of 2 more warbands around Embergard's launch, it comes from the Preview itself : 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-gb/articles/j5tbfn9d/warhammer-day-preview-new-edition-of-warhammer-underworlds-brings-the-battle-to-embergard/

(I'm looking forward to the 16 returning warbands too, BTW). 

Answered my question, thank you.

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Hohohoho! Look who will be back!

whuw_deckbuilding-oct16-cards2b.jpg

Those cards are so ugly. I loathe them. 

I wonder if that means those grave guard will not show up in the soulblight tome then. So far the warbands that got generalized into the battletome haven't shown up in underworlds marketing material.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Those cards are so ugly. I loathe them. 

I wonder if that means those grave guard will not show up in the soulblight tome then. So far the warbands that got generalized into the battletome haven't shown up in underworlds marketing material.

The photography itself is pretty cool. In other card games, I always find it a treat when the card art is a cool photo of a model an artist made. In the context of Underworlds, though, it does kind of come across as a cost saving measure.

I did not especially like most of the older Underworlds card art that I have seen, either. This is speculation, but I think there might have been some kind of mandate of GW to depict all the warbands extremely "on model". By which I mean that they have to depict the characters very close to how they look in miniature form, with very little room for artistic license or varying art styles. To me, that made the kind of uninteresting. A lot of the fun in TCG art for me is seeing different artists and art styles, which IMO was not really a thing for Underworlds.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Nurgle is a plaguebearer with a pot and the book from rumor enginer

Lizard is a saurus leader? (Gor rok?)

As expected, thank you ! Checks some rumor engines too, at least for the Saurus. 

So Nurgle is a probably an Herald variant like the Thricefold Discord are three Slaanesh Herald Variants. 

@zamerion do you know if / think that the Plaguebearer will be more than one model with a book and a pot ? I guess he'll have some helpers / cratures / nurglings ? (Like Mortarion's base decoration or the Nurgle daemon seen in Chapter's pages in Tamurkhan). 

Edited by HorticulusTGA

29 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

In the context of Underworlds, though, it does kind of come across as a cost saving measure

Would small-ish illustrations from 1-2 artists cost more to GW than a photographer and his editing post prod work ?

Honest question. Maybe it's just a "focus on the models we sell" policy (like on kit boxes covers). Also, after 7 years they have enough Underworld warbands with cool gimmicks and poses to show the various cards effects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Make sense we know a rumor that Deathrattle are getting a army box perssumablly with new Wight kings and grave guard. The warband would be redundant unlike the stormcoven or plague pack

52 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Speaking of underworld.

Nurgle is a plaguebearer with a pot and the book from rumor enginer

Lizard is a saurus leader? (Gor rok?)

The saurus leader is a sun Old blood or do you mean temple guard

image.jpeg.05b02db17550551b992e768f522090bc.jpeg