The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Would small-ish illustrations from 1-2 artists cost more to GW than a photographer and his editing post prod work ?

Honest question. Maybe it's just a "focus on the models we sell" policy (like on kit boxes covers). Also, after 7 years they have enough Underworld warbands with cool gimmicks and poses to show the various cards effects.

That's a fair question to ask. It's hard to say. I don't know if GW has a photographer on staff full time. They definitely frequently need photos taken for their books and the web store, so maybe it would be cheaper? But you are right to question the idea I just threw out there without really thinking about how plausible it really is.

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Would small-ish illustrations from 1-2 artists cost more to GW than a photographer and his editing post prod work ?

Honest question. Maybe it's just a "focus on the models we sell" policy (like on kit boxes covers). Also, after 7 years they have enough Underworld warbands with cool gimmicks and poses to show the various cards effects.

I think it will definitely be noticeably more expensive considering the amount of art that was done over time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Those cards are so ugly. I loathe them. 

I wonder if that means those grave guard will not show up in the soulblight tome then. So far the warbands that got generalized into the battletome haven't shown up in underworlds marketing material.

There should be new grave guard coming with rumoured death rattle release in 2025 .

They have also an active RE 

2024-06-11.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

@zamerion do you know if / think that the Plaguebearer will be more than one model with a book and a pot ? I guess he'll have some helpers / cratures / nurglings ? (Like Mortarion's base decoration or the Nurgle daemon seen in Chapter's pages in Tamurkhan). 

Sorry only there is the picture of the leader. And its a normal plaguebearer with the pot in the belly and the book.

The lizard its gor rok but in plastic xd, the same scarf in the eye.

Edited by zamerion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

43 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The photography itself is pretty cool. In other card games, I always find it a treat when the card art is a cool photo of a model an artist made. In the context of Underworlds, though, it does kind of come across as a cost saving measure.

True, the crochetted pokemon card art is great.

image.png.722d89b43c010b2232b4e2908626055f.png

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That's a fair question to ask. It's hard to say. I don't know if GW has a photographer on staff full time. They definitely frequently need photos taken for their books and the web store, so maybe it would be cheaper? But you are right to question the idea I just threw out there without really thinking about how plausible it really is.

I'm fairly confident the studio has its own photographer(s). 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Sorry only there is the picture of the leader. And its a normal plaguebearer with the pot in the belly and the book.

?imw=268&imh=268&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Between this, the Christmas Gobo and the Krieg box it would be a decent chunk of REs solved for the end of the year.

So far we have 39 unresolved.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Make sense we know a rumor that Deathrattle are getting a army box perssumablly with new Wight kings and grave guard. The warband would be redundant unlike the stormcoven or plague pack

The saurus leader is a sun Old blood or do you mean temple guard

image.jpeg.05b02db17550551b992e768f522090bc.jpeg

This is sun-blood by the way (aka gor-rok aka nakai+lotl-botl) not that changes a lot, still a saurus hero on foot. 

I'm annoyed they didn't show new stuff for AoS nor TOW... 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, zamerion said:

The leader is then a Sunblood (which is what Gor rok model was uppose to represent) we actually got soulbound art for them

image.jpeg.62d93594aa762b1da45921f8ee105390.jpeg

Guess he have temple guard entourage hence the golden spikes from the rumor engine

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Guess he have temple guard entourage hence the golden spikes from the rumor engine

I'm hoping we get new temple guard somewhere else (just a normal box, or warcry maybe?). I can't see too many being in an underworlds warband if a Saurus is the leader. Probably 3 max. I don't want to have to buy 2-3 underworlds warbands to get a unit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red Bull said:

I'm hoping we get new temple guard somewhere else (just a normal box, or warcry maybe?). I can't see too many being in an underworlds warband if a Saurus is the leader. Probably 3 max. I don't want to have to buy 2-3 underworlds warbands to get a unit.

having an UW warband composed of temple guard doesn't mean that warcry will not get its own.

24 minutes ago, Red Bull said:

They could get reimagined as a more elite bodyguard unit ala Stormcast Praetors. A 3 model unit with 3 or 4 wounds and damage 2 seems reasonable. 

• Like 2

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

They could get reimagined as a more elite bodyguard unit ala Stormcast Praetors. A 3 model unit with 3 or 4 wounds and damage 2 seems reasonable. 

Indeed their role have changed those last versions. Before they were equivalent to stormvermin if you compare vanilla saurus to clanrats. Now they are more bodyguard than deathstar gamewise 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would prefer them to move to a 5-model unit. Saurus - 10, Guard - 5, Kroxigor - 3 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

They certainly used to have an inhouse photography department that did the photos for things like White Dwarf, packaging and army books so it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to continue to do so

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty confident that the saurus guards will remain a 5 guys unit. Having an UW warband composed of temple guards doesn't mean that the warband will remplace the actual unit. It will be the case for warcry based on previous releases tho. 

My statement is even more accurate if we take in account that in the future warband, there will be a sunblood. So not only temple guards (if so) but more a hero with his personnal guard. 

Talking about potential future SBGL releases : interestingly, the SBGL necromancer (ex Vampire Counts necromancer) has seen its kit changed, probably retooled, just like the Chaos lord a few pages back on this thread. What was once a textured square base is now just a textured "pedestal" for you to glue on a round base.Necromancer

Meanwhile, the wight king on foot, also a WFB character that's been ported to AoS, has kept his textured square base despite being now an AoS model, technically.

Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade

I think this can give us clues to which SBGL kit from the WFB era might stay, and which might be replaced. I'm not saying "new plastic foot wight king for SBGL in AoS4" because I'm not a rumourmonger. Just an interesting discovery, with a pattern with the Chaos lord model, and you know... food for thought.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Talking about potential future SBGL releases : interestingly, the SBGL necromancer (ex Vampire Counts necromancer) has seen its kit changed, probably retooled, just like the Chaos lord a few pages back on this thread. What was once a textured square base is now just a textured "pedestal" for you to glue on a round base.

Let's remark it is also useful for TOW, as the Chaos Lord is now on 30mm square base (and the WFB sprue had inbuilt 25mm square base), and IIRC the Necromancer had 20mm sprue base and is now on 25mm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Talking about potential future SBGL releases : interestingly, the SBGL necromancer (ex Vampire Counts necromancer) has seen its kit changed, probably retooled, just like the Chaos lord a few pages back on this thread. What was once a textured square base is now just a textured "pedestal" for you to glue on a round base.Necromancer

Meanwhile, the wight king on foot, also a WFB character that's been ported to AoS, has kept his textured square base despite being now an AoS model, technically.

Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade

I think this can give us clues to which SBGL kit from the WFB era might stay, and which might be replaced. I'm not saying "new plastic foot wight king for SBGL in AoS4" because I'm not a rumourmonger. Just an interesting discovery, with a pattern with the Chaos lord model, and you know... food for thought.

Wouldn't surprise me if Othar is part of the upcoming SBGL (we know it is SBGL) wave and replaces the Wight King.

Btw, I could be late to the party as Strombringer has already ended for the UK and I am not reading my issues yet, but I didn't know the issues had a CoS builder based on a dice roll system similar to the one that was in warcom long ago!

image.png.fb9676d053f1b4cf70325f6c72f73a6a.png

I am not fully aware of all its options, but it seems to be a more up-to-date version. The options above are all about the Shyphon Nexus.

I think it might be interesting as someone asked for the old builder when warcom changed.