The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes , probably it is not a fair comparison but apparently Whitefang discard the snarlfang chariot and at this point a gitmob armybox could contain:

1/2 new hero/s on snarlfang

2 existing units of snarfangs w/ upgrade sprue

1 war machine??? 

Or we are just focusing Gitmob too much on what they had in WHFB and what it has in the army box just blown our mind.

I think we will see this box in January, during LVO.

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe it's just 1 hero. Not a fan, but that's the usual approach to a new release: battletome + 1 hero. Unless there are more rumour that I'm not aware off.

Not a rumour, they mentioned in the roadmaps post an army box. It could be that our fantasies about a Gitmob army box are totally wrong in the end, but it would be weird to have an army box with existing stuff and just one hero.

20 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe it's just 1 hero. Not a fan, but that's the usual approach to a new release: battletome + 1 hero. Unless there are more rumour that I'm not aware off.

No , the AoS roadmap article states : “ an army box and individual releases for the Gloomspite Gitz.“

The question is if armybox is intended to be all brand new miniatures or a mix of new and existing.

Whitefang hinted in past months/year a gitmob release but recently discarded the snarfang chariot speculation.

We are almost sure that a snarlfang hero is coming.

1D1XLrh.jpeg

Edited by cyrus
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cyrus said:

No , the AoS roadmap article states : “ an army box and individual releases for the Gloomspite Gitz.“

The question is if armybox is intended to be all brand new miniatures or a mix of new and existing.

Whitefang hinted in past months/year a gitmob release but recently discarded the snarfang chariot speculation.

We are almost sure that a snarlfang hero is coming.

1D1XLrh.jpeg

I think you're getting your reacts mixed up. The sad reaction to this post wasn't from Whitefang.Screenshot_20241018-173035.png.8913a08dea87283053cfa765581d6a7e.png

They laughed which they clarified ages ago meant not a direct confirmation but something good is coming. (Or they're just laughing ) So maybe we'll see something chariotesque. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think you're getting your reacts mixed up. The sad reaction to this post wasn't from Whitefang.Screenshot_20241018-173035.png.8913a08dea87283053cfa765581d6a7e.png

They laughed which they clarified ages ago meant not a direct confirmation but something good is coming. (Or they're just laughing ) So maybe we'll see something chariotesque. 

Laugh react = happy react, because WF smiles and is happy because of the lovely miniatures that are on the horizon ! So if his reaction is the 😄, he just confirmed GSG wolf chariots.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I will only accept a chariot pulled by spiders or Troggoths

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO it is just a poor wording choice.

I think this is the case as well. Although...

With Stormcast, Skaven and Slaves out this year, that leaves 20 Battletomes outstanding. If they were to pump out the equivalent of 2 Battletomes per month for 10 months of 2025, that would be all the Battletomes released (for current factions) by the end of 2025. They could even aim for 18 months to mid-2026.

I thought Dawnbringers was decent, but it felt very rushed. With the last book dropping just a couple of weeks before Skaventide, there was hardly any time for the narrative to breathe, and this must have affected sales. 

Who knows what lessons have been learned and what (if any) new directions will be taken, but if GW plans on another Narrative series to "lead into" 5th edition, I can see them wanting to shift it forward six months. Battletomes across 2025 and the first half of 2026, with a Narrative series beginning in the summer of 2026 and having a full year before the next edition drops makes a lot of sense. 

It gives people more time with their respective Battletomes, more time for potential narrative events and associated releases and more time for the lead-up to 5th. It makes a lot of sense. It could also mean that factions get a release (From a single hero to multiple kits) with their Battletome and some love during the narrative. 

3 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I think this is the case as well. Although...

With Stormcast, Skaven and Slaves out this year, that leaves 20 Battletomes outstanding. If they were to pump out the equivalent of 2 Battletomes per month for 10 months of 2025, that would be all the Battletomes released (for current factions) by the end of 2025. They could even aim for 18 months to mid-2026.

I thought Dawnbringers was decent, but it felt very rushed. With the last book dropping just a couple of weeks before Skaventide, there was hardly any time for the narrative to breathe, and this must have affected sales. 

Who knows what lessons have been learned and what (if any) new directions will be taken, but if GW plans on another Narrative series to "lead into" 5th edition, I can see them wanting to shift it forward six months. Battletomes across 2025 and the first half of 2026, with a Narrative series beginning in the summer of 2026 and having a full year before the next edition drops makes a lot of sense. 

It gives people more time with their respective Battletomes, more time for potential narrative events and associated releases and more time for the lead-up to 5th. It makes a lot of sense. It could also mean that factions get a release (From a single hero to multiple kits) with their Battletome and some love during the narrative. 

But the downside of this is that most of the tomes could be out, but then it could be as @Tonhel thinks and we could just get a "printed version" of the indexes. So I don't know what I would prefer, if they drop them off early or go the usual way.