The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Vagard said:

I remember that le next preview will be in november but do we have a date? 

I guess that we will not see much for AoS? As the StD has already been shown. 

Maybe we will get something for next underworld warbands and a teaser for next wacry season/warbands?

I expect reveal for Death korp nearly 100% but no clue for the rest

My bet is the narrative book... and that's all, sadly for AoS.

For UW we could see new warbands, depending on the roadmap that we will see this week, and Warcry... it is uncertain.

9 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

As far as we know the BT order is STD (announced) -> GSG -> Warclans -> "Death", so I think we're more likely to see a gobbo than anything else. Even if I have 0 expectations about models shown in that preview.

The order should be STD > Warclans > GSG > SBGL.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, zamerion said:

21 or 23, i dont remember exactly, but at the end.

So slaves should be released before, and maybe we Will see the gitmob army box, or at last the héroe/s for orruks warclans.

Maybe more underworld, if they dont show full nurgle/ lizards before. 

And yeah, i Hope for some warcry news.

Yes , it likely saturday like last year so then the 23rd in USA .

Last year for AoS we had : FEC army set , Dawnbringer IV and Ushoran  World Championships of Warhammer Preview – All the Reveals - Warhammer Community

FEC armyset was release in December 2023 while Dawnbringer IV , Ushoran and rest of FEC in February 2024

So this year narrative book and orruk seem likely.

Las vegas open preview is really early January 16th/19th 2025

Edited by cyrus

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

Yes , it likely saturday like last year so then the 23rd in USA .

Last year for AoS we had : FEC army set , Dawnbringer IV and Ushoran  World Championships of Warhammer Preview – All the Reveals - Warhammer Community

FEC armyset was release in December 2023 while Dawnbringer IV , Ushoran and rest of FEC in February 2024

So this year narrative book and orruk seem likely.

Las vegas open preview is really early January 16th/19th 2025

I am with @Nezzhil here. After this upcoming preview, we still have the BL preview, the Christmas RE round and the new year "preview" that shows us a bit of the upcoming year. And then Nova quite early as you said.

Considering what we know about AoS, during all that period we will see a Narrative Book, Warclans and GSG.

If I had to spread it all it would be the following:

- Upcoming Preview: Narrative Book.
- New Year: Warclans.
- Las Vegas: GSG.

The only way I see Warclans announced as long the Narrative book would be having New Year GSG partly or full and, in case it is full, some SBGL in LVO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I am with @Nezzhil here. After this upcoming preview, we still have the BL preview, the Christmas RE round and the new year "preview" that shows us a bit of the upcoming year. And then Nova quite early as you said.

Considering what we know about AoS, during all that period we will see a Narrative Book, Warclans and GSG.

If I had to spread it all it would be the following:

- Upcoming Preview: Narrative Book.
- New Year: Warclans.
- Las Vegas: GSG.

The only way I see Warclans announced as long the Narrative book would be having New Year GSG partly or full and, in case it is full, some SBGL in LVO.

New year is usually just teaser or silhouette and not a proper review.

Last year Grand narrative/ World championship preview for comparison 40K had pariah nexus (narrative book) + 2 first codex (Admech and Necrons) after 10th edition launch armies.

We had already STD battletome so we "miss" narrative book and 2nd battletome = Warclans.

I think too that at Las Vegas we will see  Gloomspite 

1 hour ago, Sir Grimm said:

Don't you guys think we'll get some TOW reveals for the Empire/High Elves on the events left in 2024 before we roll into 2025 and said armies start rolling in?

I think it is possible to see the Empire at the grand narrative/world championship at end of november.

A proper ToW reveal is missing from mid August .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

It is the fifth Star Player in the release's queue. I just don't remember the last time of that amount of BB kits waiting to be released

Yeah. I was talking about that. Without knowing too much about BB, it feels that lately it is on fire. Almost every month there are 2-3 minis at least.

Just now, cyrus said:

New year is usually just teaser or silhouette and not a proper review.

Last year Grand narrative/ World championship preview for comparison 40K had pariah nexus (narrative book) + 2 first codex (Admech and Necrons) after 10th edition launch armies.

We had already STD battletome so we "miss" narrative book and 2nd battletome = Warclans.

I think too that at Las Vegas we will see  Gloomspite 

I think it is possible to see the Empire at the grand narrative/world championship at end of november.

A proper ToW reveal is missing from mid August .

The problem here is that you are expecting a mirror from last year with 10th. I don't think it will be the case.

Everyone is assuming the orruk spearhead release is coming with a battletome but it would be strange to get 2 destruction battletomes back to back. 

I think the spearhead will be a stand alone release. I hope I'm wrong as I've ironjawz and kruleboyz armies but it's never been said a battletome is coming, just a spearhead is mentioned. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Everyone is assuming the orruk spearhead release is coming with a battletome but it would be strange to get 2 destruction battletomes back to back. 

I think the spearhead will be a stand alone release. I hope I'm wrong as I've ironjawz and kruleboyz armies but it's never been said a battletome is coming, just a spearhead is mentioned. 

Ogor and Behemat. Dok and Idoneth. Ossiarch and Soulblight. Khorne and Slaanesh.

• Thanks 1

Underworlds roadmap. Also includes information on Grand Alliance bundles and the physical cards:

whuw_roadmap-oct21-roadmapyearone-cayxlg

That’s two new warbands and two new Rivals decks to join the contents of Embergard just weeks after launch, and then additional warbands and decks released at regular junctures throughout 2025.

Sixteen current warbands will be rereleased shortly after launch across four boxes, one for each Grand Alliance containing all the relevant fighter and warscroll cards.

whuw_roadmap-oct21-image1-ibhjv7hr0h.jpg

Heroes and Hunters bundles Hexbane’s Hunters, Myari’s Purifiers, Thundrik’s Profiteers and Ylthari’s Guardians for a perfect cross-section of Order. The Witch Hunters and Sylvaneth are Strike warbands, the Lumineth Realm-Lords are Flex, and the Kharadron Overlords appropriately become Mastery.

For the forces of Chaos, Despoilers and Daemons contains Khagra’s Ravagers, Ephilim’s Pandaemonium, the Dread Pageant, and the Gorechosen of Dromm. Khorne’s acolytes prefer a Strike playstyle, Tzeentch predictably goes for Mastery, with Flex for Slaanesh, while the Chaos Undivided warband opt for Take and Hold.

Nagash has unleashed Revenants of the Realms to do his bidding, including the Headsmen’s Curse, the Crimson Court, Kainan’s Reapers, and the Grymwatch. The Soulblight and the Ossiarch Bonereapers are Flex warbands, while the Headsman’s Curse rally behind the blade Terminus to Strike, and the Ghouls become Take and Hold.

The Brutes and Bandits of Destruction include Grinkrak’s Looncourt, Blackpowder’s Buccaneers, Da Kunnin’ Krew, and Morgok’s Krushas. The kunnin’ gobbos and Kruleboyz are both of the Flex playstyle, while the brutish Ironjawz and the wily Ogor crew become Strike and Mastery respectively.

whuw_roadmap-oct21-image2-vlgvooujko.jpg

Avid Warhammer Underworlds players who already own many of these warbands, will be able to buy the Warbands of Embergard card set, which contains every fighter and warband warscroll card for all 16 warbands, bringing your existing collection into the new edition with ease. But beware, it will only be available while stocks last.

Other warbands will be getting re-released eventually and they're committing to quarterly balance updates:

It doesn’t stop there. Every other existing warband will be granted digital fighter cards and warband warscrolls available for free download. Organised Play events will have a tighter pool of warbands and decks in rotation to ensure all participants have access to the same warbands and cards – we’ll have an article on what this looks like later in the week – but every warband so far released for the game will be playable with any deck in the edition from the start. Many of these older warbands will also be rereleased with their new cards and rules in due course.

Lastly, the Warhammer Design Studio will be issuing quarterly balance updates from now on. These will use data from events and playtesting to further hone and refine the balance of the game.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

The assumption comes from the fact that Spearheads and BTs come together nowadays.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1