The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They could have teased a bit more for the upcoming warbands...

At least we know which UW warbands seem to be put apart from AoS:

whuw_roadmap-oct21-carousel3d-f0kh8jsp4w.jpg

The Grymwatch was the very first UW to be retired from a tome.

Also, it looked like the skeletons would come back, from the previous posts, but it won't be the case in the end. So they were showing us cards from the free download pool, apparently:

whuw_roadmap-oct21-image3-bss5vuaskp.jpg

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Indeed. This does make it more likely that there is going to be a split between UW and AoS in terms of warscroll rule availability. 

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, it looked like the skeletons would come back, from the previous posts, but it won't be the case in the end. So they were showing us cards from the free download pool, apparently:

whuw_roadmap-oct21-image3-bss5vuaskp.jpg

I think that these warbands are not the ones for the Battletomes too. They are gonna be sold in a limited way in a pack and they are not always the latest of each faction.

Edited by Nezzhil

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The assumption comes from the fact that Spearheads and BTs come together nowadays.

Doesn't mean it will always happen. We don't know that every new battletome will come with a new spearhead. 

As I said, I hope the orruk battletome is coming soon but just seems strange they only announce the spearhead. 

Just now, Ogregut said:

Doesn't mean it will always happen. We don't know that every new battletome will come with a new spearhead. 

As I said, I hope the orruk battletome is coming soon but just seems strange they only announce the spearhead. 

IMO we don't know if the IJ spearhead will come with a battletome, indeed, but we know 99,99% that all the battlestomes will come with a spearhead at least.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Genuinely, the roadmap is utterly pointless? Next year stuff is being released 🤦 very informative, thanks GW.

In other news tomorrow is Tuesday, the sun will rise and fall...

Erm? I suppose it depends on what people expect from a road map but I think it is pretty good. It clearly states. 

16 returning Warbands, 2 New Warbands and 2 new rival decks in 2024. With images of the Grand Alliance boxsets and Cards pack. 

The article states that balance updates should be expected quarterly going forward.

There will be a new Warband and rival deck at regular junctures throughout 2025 (most likely 1 every two months) 

It explains what is coming in the next couple of months and what to expect for over the next year!

What more did you want? Specific dates and for them to show the models? Because that was never going to happen. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Underworlds roadmap. Also includes information on Grand Alliance bundles and the physical cards:

whuw_roadmap-oct21-roadmapyearone-cayxlg

whuw_roadmap-oct21-image1-ibhjv7hr0h.jpg

whuw_roadmap-oct21-image2-vlgvooujko.jpg

Other warbands will be getting re-released eventually and they're committing to quarterly balance updates:

I wonder if we can infer anything from this regarding which Underworlds warbands could get AoS releases as generic units. IMO, it would make the most sense of warbands that are not part of Grand Alliance bundles to become AoS units.

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

It is just the poor wording and poor graphic of the roadmap : even with Glooomspite they only mention an army box and individual releases.

Battletome galore is part of 3 years cycle marketing/strategy (new BT cost 37 pounds/47,50€/ 60 US dollars !!!)

So yes , Warclans BT is definitely coming with Ironjawz spearhead and very likely the re-release on individual sprues of Dominion's Swampcalla shaman and Killaboss on foot. If there is something else we have to wait and see.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I'm hoping this doesn't mean that they're not producing rules for all of the previous warbands that aren't in these boxes like the Khorne ones, Gnarlpack, Darkoath and Beastmen and all the others.

"Every other existing warband will be granted digital fighter cards and warband warscrolls available for free download."

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

29 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Genuinely, the roadmap is utterly pointless? Next year stuff is being released 🤦 very informative, thanks GW.

The only useful stuff is that the two rumoured warbands will come this year, but it is something that we already kind of knew. If at least the GA of those upcoming warbands for 2025 were told...

There's another useful point. No new starters, as the same one will be used all the time.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TrawlingCleaner said:

I'm hoping this doesn't mean that they're not producing rules for all of the previous warbands that aren't in these boxes like the Khorne ones, Gnarlpack, Darkoath and Beastmen and all the others. Hopefully they'll produce PDFs or something for them but we'll see.

Those boxes are very cool though!

GW has announced we get PDF "legend" rules for the other warbands. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I'm hoping this doesn't mean that they're not producing rules for all of the previous warbands that aren't in these boxes like the Khorne ones, Gnarlpack, Darkoath and Beastmen and all the others. Hopefully they'll produce PDFs or something for them but we'll see.

Those boxes are very cool though!

It is stated those will have free downloadable rules.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

The only useful stuff is that the two rumoured warbands will come this year, but it is something that we already kind of knew. If at least the GA of those upcoming warbands for 2025 were told...

There's another useful point. No new starters, as the same one will be used all the time.

IIRC GW counts preorder dates for their roadmaps.

19 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

It actually answers quite a few questions people have been asking. We now know what the first 16 returning warbands will be. We know there will be physical  cards available for those warbands if people already have the minis. We know that other old warbands will get physical releases in the future. We know that the will be 6 rivals decks to play with soon after launch which considerably increases the variety available for Nemisis. We also know we’re getting  at least three rivals decks next year. Aside from the actual minis and decks the one major outstanding question is how often GW  will rotate the tournament roster. There’s definitely potential to upset people if they take warbands off the tournament roster too quickly. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Erm? I suppose it depends on what people expect from a road map but I think it is pretty good. It clearly states. 

16 returning Warbands, 2 New Warbands and 2 new rival decks in 2024. With images of the Grand Alliance boxsets and Cards pack. 

The article states that balance updates should be expected quarterly going forward.

There will be a new Warband and rival deck at regular junctures throughout 2025 (most likely 1 every two months) 

It explains what is coming in the next couple of months and what to expect for over the next year!

What more did you want? Specific dates and for them to show the models? Because that was never going to happen. 

Just compare to AoS roadmap.
AoS tells "2024 : StD w/DO spear - 2025 : OW w/ spear and 1 death + narrative" and it's bad
WHU tells "2024 rereleases (probably this month) + something" "2025 2x something" and it's good ??

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wonder if we can infer anything from this regarding which Underworlds warbands could get AoS releases as generic units. IMO, it would make the most sense of warbands that are not part of Grand Alliance bundles to become AoS units.

IMO once we have the S2D BT it will confirm it, as it would be already the FEC one, being the first one removed (during 3rd BT) and now the S2D one.

6 minutes ago, Eldarion79 said:

Just compare to AoS roadmap.
AoS tells "2024 : StD w/DO spear - 2025 : OW w/ spear and 1 death + narrative" and it's bad
WHU tells "2024 rereleases (probably this month) + something" "2025 2x something" and it's good ??

Correct.

The AoS Roadmap was bad just in terms of layout and graphic design, it was badly laid out and not intuitive at all. AoS is the flagship system with 20+ armies vying for multiple products each. UW is not. 

Apart from specific dates and model pics. What information is "missing" from the UW roadmap in your opinion? 

• Like 2