The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Looks like bolter shells, or some other form of magazine, so probably 40k.

99120102096_CSMHavocs03.jpg?fm=webp&w=92

I will say "Chorfs" anyway just out of obligation; some sort of fancy artillery. 

Looks pretty bang on to an old imperial guard autocannon clip

wd2202f_orig.thumb.jpg.507ae205f6082c9e6d0189255276b6b9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

What would you like to see as OBR 2nd wave ?

Archers, heavy cavalry, an actual combat monster who isn’t a glorified support piece, skirmishers, a beatstick melee hero, Soulspitter Ballista, and that’s just what I can think of right now. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

He's a cool guy for the warband, but as an OBR enjoyer I actually don't know if I want the faction to become more shooting heavy.

That's a good point, but imo it does fit the theme of those legions/cohorts supported with auxiliary archers. It's time to include a bow equiped unit for undead. I know NH has a crossbow unit, lovely models, but there is still room for an archer unit for undead and OBR seems the best fit.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Archers, heavy cavalry, an actual combat monster who isn’t a glorified support piece, skirmishers, a beatstick melee hero, Soulspitter Ballista, and that’s just what I can think of right now. 

Imagine you get a release around the same size as the one that Skavens just got. Would OBR end up having "duplicate" units?

From the outside, it looks to me like OBR would end up a bit bloated if such a big wave comes to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Imagine you get a release around the same size as the one that Skavens just got. Would OBR end up having "duplicate" units?

From the outside, it looks to me like OBR would end up a bit bloated if such a big wave comes to them.

If they are diferent enough and the rules team can write a clear purpose for them, without breaking the OBR feeling, I think it will be fine.

Of course, if it ends with the same troop with another arm or a diferent weapon...

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

If OBR are one of the 5th edition launch factions and its against Stormcast again (And there is no reason to think it wouldn't be) I wonder what models they would get.

I was contemplating this earlier and they could go in several different directions. Looking at the "recently" released Teratic Cohort Warcry Warband, they could spin off any of the concepts into fully-fledged units. 

60120299006_ENGWCBriarBone3.jpg.36d480eca8c90b7553dce0991bfdec0e.jpg

• Teratic Prowlers
  • Aviarch Harpies
  • Kavalos Centari
  • Mortek Cykloptians

Kainan's Reapers Underworld Warband also has some cool concepts that could be spun off into units. 

60120707004_EngWHUKainansReapersGroup.jpg.7351ff56ac138efd64495ba669d18f15.jpg

x10 Archers, x10 Melee, x10 "Chaff", a Chariot, Warmachine (Ballista Warmachine) x 3 Centari with assorted characters, followed by a Battletome release with Arkhan The Black riding a massive chariot, Bone Idol/Bone Giant, or other bone-beasts and Harpies.

I personally love the Japanese Samurai-influenced aesthetic of the Leige-Immortis and would contribute many a skull to the Tithe to see a 5 man elite melee unit based around it. 

Screenshot2024-10-22131714.jpg.921c913b1179aa7f33f7321b787f8787.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I was contemplating this earlier and they could go in several different directions. Looking at the "recently" released Teratic Cohort Warcry Warband, they could spin off any of the concepts into fully-fledged units. 

• Teratic Prowlers
  • Aviarch Harpies
  • Kavalos Centari
  • Mortek Cykloptians

Kainan's Reapers Underworld Warband also has some cool concepts that could be spun off into units. 

x10 Archers, x10 Melee, x10 "Chaff", a Chariot, Warmachine (Ballista Warmachine) x 3 Centari with assorted characters, followed by a Battletome release with Arkhan The Black riding a massive chariot, Bone Idol/Bone Giant, or other bone-beasts and Harpies.

I personally love the Japanese Samurai-influenced aesthetic of the Leige-Immortis and would contribute many a skull to the Tithe to see a 5 man elite melee unit based around it. 

If OBR gets even a more samurai influenced unit like this one.  I will probaly not start SBG, but OBR instead 😄 . But indeed the OBR UW and Warcry warbands have amazing concepts to make full units off. Same for the FS Warcry warband.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3

Probably tossing a bit of a hand grenade, but given they are the AoS spiritual successors to the Tomb Kings, chariot and archer constructs would make sense for the faction.

To emphasise the word constructs, in a similar vein to how Mortek Crawler and Harvester were reimagined from the screaming skull catapult and bone giant.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hollow said:

• Teratic Prowlers
  • Aviarch Harpies
  • Kavalos Centari
  • Mortek Cykloptians

I'm still shocked there was a reposed boneshaper instead of a liege-mortis as the foot hero in 3e.

15 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

If OBR gets even a more samurai influenced unit like this one.  I will probaly not start SBG, but OBR instead 😄 . But indeed the OBR UW and Warcry warbands have amazing concepts to make full units off. Same for the FS Warcry warband.

4 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Probably tossing a bit of a hand grenade, but given they are the AoS spiritual successors to the Tomb Kings, chariot and archer constructs would make sense for the faction.

To emphasise the word constructs, in a similar vein to how Mortek Crawler and Harvester were reimagined from the screaming skull catapult and bone giant.

What about putting aside its Egyptian roots and moving it completely into the Japanese field? Would it be too crazy to have Japanese "weird" and/ or terrific stuff?

As Japanese overall muskets and cannons (with rockets?):

Tanegashima (gun) - Wikipedia

Taihō (大砲): Japanese Cannons and Artillery

For the weird stuff, all that kind of weird Japanese culture stuff like kappas: 

Kappa by calvinhobbesholmes on DeviantArt

And then stuff from the Japanese horror:

Japanese horror - Wikipedia

Tsukumogami

Yōkai March Tsukumogami Print Set - Etsy España

They could have a side of souls going out of control and taking "day to day" elements or even crazier experiments outside of bones.

• Like 8

Organised Play preview for Underworlds.

At launch, there will be 33 warbands in rotation for Organised Play. Twenty of these will be those warbands with physical rules available for purchase: the two in the Embergard boxed set, two yet to be revealed, and 16 existing warbands split across four new Grand Alliance boxes.

The other 13 in the rotation are warbands that were recently available for purchase. If you bought a Warhammer Underworlds warband in the last few months, we want you to be able to use it in Organised Play. While all other previously released warbands are getting free rules to download and use with the new edition, it’s just these 13 which will be usable in Organised Play.

All new warbands and decks released in future will be added to the Organised Play rotation. Eventually, other older warbands will be rereleased with new rules, and the Warhammer Design Studio is looking to bring back as many old warbands as possible.

whuw_orgplay-oct22-image2-qtbonbf2q2.jpg

The Warhammer Design Team is also working on other formats, including one for multiplayer games – expect changes from the current multiplayer format! Next week we’ll be flipping the first feature token in our roadmap, and revealing treasure as we take a look at the next two warbands for the new edition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about putting aside its Egyptian roots and moving it completely into the Japanese field? Would it be too crazy to have Japanese "weird" and/ or terrific stuff?

As Japanese overall muskets and cannons (with rockets?):

Tanegashima (gun) - Wikipedia

Taihō (大砲): Japanese Cannons and Artillery

For the weird stuff, all that kind of weird Japanese culture stuff like kappas: 

Kappa by calvinhobbesholmes on DeviantArt

And then stuff from the Japanese horror:

Japanese horror - Wikipedia

Tsukumogami

Yōkai March Tsukumogami Print Set - Etsy España

They could have a side of souls going out of control and taking "day to day" elements or even crazier experiments outside of bones.

I'm a big fan of the Japanese elements in the OBR range so I'd think this'd be cool.

The biggest shame about the OBR range are the Mortek Guard heads, when the helmeted heads of the Kavalos riders look so cool. The goofy grins put me off personally and I'd want to head swap them all. If the infantry had looked like the Mortek Cykloptians I'd probably have been in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The ? just seem to be the new ones. Everything else I think is accounted for:

Emberwatch -> Zikkit's Tunnelpack ->

? -> Blackpowder's Buccaneers -> ? ->

Da Kunnin' Krew -> Gorechosen of Dromm -> Hexbane's Hunters -> The Crimson Court ->

Ephilim's Pandaemonium -> The Headsman's Curse -> Kainan's Reapers -> 

Grinkrak's Looncourt -> Khagra's Ravagers -> Morgok's Krushas -> Myari's Purifiers -> 

Thundrik's Profiteers -> Ylthari's Guardians -> The Dread Pageant ->

The Skinnerkin -> The Thricefold Discord -> Zondara's Gravebreakers -> The Grymwatch  ->

Brethren of the Bolt -> Cyreni's Razors -> Daggok's Stab-ladz -> 

Mollog's Mob -> Thorns of the Briar Queen -> Spiteclaw's Swarm ->  Zarbag's Gitz ->

The Farstriders -> Sepulchral Guard -> Storm of Celestus

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The ? just seem to be the new ones. Everything else I think is accounted for:

Emberwatch -> Zikkit's Tunnelpack ->

? -> Blackpowder's Buccaneers -> ? ->

Da Kunnin' Krew -> Gorechosen of Dromm -> Hexbane's Hunters -> The Crimson Court ->

Ephilim's Pandaemonium -> The Headsman's Curse -> Kainan's Reapers -> 

Grinkrak's Looncourt -> Khagra's Ravagers -> Morgok's Krushas -> Myari's Purifiers -> 

Thundrik's Profiteers -> Ylthari's Guardians -> The Dread Pageant ->

The Skinnerkin -> The Thricefold Discord -> Zondara's Gravebreakers -> The Grymwatch  ->

Brethren of the Bolt -> Cyreni's Razors -> Daggok's Stab-ladz -> 

Mollog's Mob -> Thorns of the Briar Queen -> Spiteclaw's Swarm ->  Zarbag's Gitz ->

The Farstriders -> Sepulchral Guard -> Storm of Celestus

It's missing 2 of the first Khorne ones, the first Tzeentch one, first Nurgle one, Beastmen, Kurnothi, both Darkoaths, Fyreslayer, DoK/Umbraneth. I know they've not been rereleased recently but definitely a shame to see them disappear, mostly as they're the ones I have! 😔

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

4 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

It's missing 2 of the first Khorne ones, the first Tzeentch one, first Nurgle one, Beastmen, Kurnothi, both Darkoaths, Fyreslayer. I know they've not been rereleased recently but definitely a shame to see them disappear, mostly as they're the ones I have! 😔

With them bringing back the FatCast Vanguards despite Emberwatch headlining the new edition, it seems highly likely the rest will come back around eventually at least.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Red Bull said:

Do we know if Rivals decks are being sold separate from Warbands? I really hope they are. Or else, I don't think this new system really fixes some of the issues holding the old version back?

Other than that, I'm excited

That is my understanding of the press releases thus far. Warband releases will be the sprue and 'Warscroll cards', while the new deck(s) released alongside them will be a separate purchase.

• Like 1