The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

CoS Ogor time travelled:

gd_commended1-oct22-unit2-ysygqnzbii.jpg

I love this so much 

If Imperial guard can have abhumans and diffrent regiments CoS should deserve the same treatment like we mention previously with the Ratling how that can be such a nice cross team of halfling if CoS get some

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What about putting aside its Egyptian roots and moving it completely into the Japanese field? Would it be too crazy to have Japanese "weird" and/ or terrific stuff?

As Japanese overall muskets and cannons (with rockets?):

Tanegashima (gun) - Wikipedia

Taihō (大砲): Japanese Cannons and Artillery

For the weird stuff, all that kind of weird Japanese culture stuff like kappas: 

Kappa by calvinhobbesholmes on DeviantArt

And then stuff from the Japanese horror:

Japanese horror - Wikipedia

Tsukumogami

Yōkai March Tsukumogami Print Set - Etsy España

They could have a side of souls going out of control and taking "day to day" elements or even crazier experiments outside of bones.

While I don't know about the musket idea but the Yokai idea is really good

Like fist off we already got the Gashadokuro Yokai a literal giant bone spirit that eternally hungry

image.jpeg.7d1dbff7d94cdd4e456d6a10fe976d9e.jpeg

But also stuff like the Wayundo monks trapped in a flaming wheel or Yushi oni (Spider-bull demon) making bone construct of those would be cool 

image.jpeg.b25832c060258f3f5ff4636ce2be81b2.jpeg

image.jpeg.b7646db4bcf1ab20ef44b5adb8c5e229.jpeg

Edited by Dragon-knight77
spelling
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Eldarion79 said:

mmm... I see no Chosen Axes, so no FS.
Can't wait for next FS warband

Yeah, this is the list of factions without warband currently: 

Order
Daughters of Khaine
Fyreslayers
Idoneth Deepkin
Seraphon

Chaos
Maggotkin of Nurgle

Destruction
Sons of Behemat?

4 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I'm gonna do a @Sception and argument why, to me, the most neglected elf faction is DOK.

DoK are definitely on my list of factions that need attention.  They did get a fantastic release wave way back with the snake girls, wingalings, and Morathi herself - still one of the most impressive centerpieces in the game - but very little since then.

They still have a bunch of oldhammer holdovers, many of which are showing their age, plus the sooner the old dark elf range is rotated out of AoS, the sooner Old World can have it.

More than that, though, DoK and Morathi in particular have been part of some of the biggest developments in the AoS narrative, and it's kind of shameful that this wasn't reflected in the product range in any way.

Seriously, Morathi manipulated Sigmar and Katakros, betrayed the alliance of order, raided the eightpoints, stole archaon's most precious resource, and ascended to a full blown deity... and the only new models we saw from it were for Slaanesh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sception said:

DoK are definitely on my list of factions that need attention.  They did get a fantastic release wave way back with the snake girls, wingalings, and Morathi herself - still one of the most impressive centerpieces in the game - but very little since then.

They still have a bunch of oldhammer holdovers, many of which are showing their age, plus the sooner the old dark elf range is rotated out of AoS, the sooner Old World can have it.

More than that, though, DoK and Morathi in particular have been part of some of the biggest developments in the AoS narrative, and it's kind of shameful that this wasn't reflected in the product range in any way.

Seriously, Morathi manipulated Sigmar and Katakros, betrayed the alliance of order, raided the eightpoints, stole archaon's most precious resource, and ascended to a full blown deity... and the only new models we saw from it were for Slaanesh.

Morathi was released by that time.

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Morathi was released by that time.

Morathi was released with the first Daughters of Khaine battletome in 2018, in which she was the High Priestess of Khaine and aspiring to steal Godhood from Khaine. Morathi ascended to godhood in Broken Realms: Morathi, released in 2020. 

As an avid OBR player and collector I am always down for new models, as it is one of if not my favorite aesthetic amongst AOS armies. However, as others had mentioned I can't foresee them being expanded practically upon in the scale of an edition launch. They don't have anything that needs updating outside of possibly Arkhan and the morghasts. Sure we could add archers or a bone monster construct, but for an edition launch we talking about 8-10 new kits. Plus their playstyle and theme is right on brand with the lore. 

So if it is truly a pattern, and it is supposed to be death I'm not sure what we could get. I remember reading that Silent People had been looking at Nagash as some sort of deity, but don't remember if that was in text or just a rumor. However, that could be an option. 

Other options for 5th could be Ogres if they do not get their update during 4th. But I've spoken about my case to why they should be in the launch on this forum before. 

Malerion is a solid choice too expand the DOK roster and provide an opportunity in the middle of 5th to roll out Tyrion and his followers as a counter.

Outside of that it could be something from left field like Drogar or something we haven't even talked about yet. 

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I love this so much 

If Imperial guard can have abhumans and diffrent regiments CoS should deserve the same treatment like we mention previously with the Ratling how that can be such a nice cross team of halfling if CoS get some

While i don't knoe about the musket ideas the Yokai idea is really good

Like fist off we already got the Gashadokuro Yokai a littleral giant bone spirit that eternally hungry

image.jpeg.7d1dbff7d94cdd4e456d6a10fe976d9e.jpeg

But stuff like the Wayundo monks trapped in a flaming wheel or Yushi oni 

image.jpeg.b25832c060258f3f5ff4636ce2be81b2.jpeg

image.jpeg.b7646db4bcf1ab20ef44b5adb8c5e229.jpeg

I agree with @Dragon-knight77, muskets don’t make sense for an army that largely relies on catapults and bows (that one mortal from underworlds). However, everything else makes perfect sense, especially the gashadukuro. Maybe they could give the reapers a giant skeleton/elephant siege engine monster unit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Elarin said:

I can't wait for Grandfather's Gardeners and Jaws of Itzl

Grandfather's Gardeners sounds like a grass-cutting service for OAPs 😅

"Need your azalea's pruning Burt? Give Grandfather's Gardeners a call and get a free pack of Werther Originals with your first call-out."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Morathi was released with the first Daughters of Khaine battletome in 2018, in which she was the High Priestess of Khaine and aspiring to steal Godhood from Khaine. Morathi ascended to godhood in Broken Realms: Morathi, released in 2020. 

True. My bad. It was Shadow and Pain. I remember something else got released with it.

28 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

They don't have anything that needs updating outside of possibly Arkhan and the morghasts

It doesn't need to be just "updates" though. We are (at last) entering the final stage of models that need to be updated. I'm looking forward to range expansions, not just updates of old fantasy kits. OBR could be expanded with 100 different kits! Every faction in AoS has the thematic and creative potential to be increased significantly in size. 

One thing I never want to happen with AoS is for it to reach a creative cul-de-sack where new kits are just updates of existing concepts. I want new and exciting possibilities explored. 

• Thanks 1

Itzl is the Old One responsible for beast-taming. Aggradon Riders need the Blessing of Itzl to tame and ride their beasts. Wonder if we’ll get a mounted Saurus or Saurus with some beast friends (hey, everyone else seems to be getting them 😇).

Itzl has nothing (to my knowledge) to do with Temple Guard, however… Perhaps we were too hopeful there! 

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros

1 minute ago, Hollow said:

It doesn't need to be just "updates" though. We are (at last) entering the final stage of models that need to be updated. I'm looking forward to range expansions, not just updates of old fantasy kits. OBR could be expanded with 100 different kits! Every faction in AoS has the thematic and creative potential to be increased significantly in size. 

One thing I never want to happen with AoS is for it to reach a creative cul-de-sack where new kits are just updates of existing concepts. I want new and exciting possibilities explored. 

That's my point. There are armies that feel that you can expand them further than others. OBR feels pretty solid as it is now. So maybe it is not the best candidate for an edition launch box (and I am not considering that OBR gets a single mini refreshed at all, that would be even weirder).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Sure who doesn't want more models. But the game ecosystem can only manage so many moving pieces for a ruleset. Each army can only (standardly) have so many points on the table at one time as well. So while the world building is endless and yes we want dozens of units for each army, I'm not convinced that GW and the game itself can properly support that large of an expansion.  

Edited by Jetlife
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Sure who doesn't want more models. But the game ecosystem can only manage so many moving pieces for a ruleset. Each army can only (standardly) have so many points on the table at one time as well. So while the world building is endless and yes we want dozens of units for each army, I'm not convinced that GW and the game itself can properly support that large of an expansion.  

I don't see why any faction can't have as many options as the largest faction. Compare the unit diversity and choice of 40k factions  to AoS factions. 

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That's my point. There are armies that feel that you can expand them further than others.

Don't agree with this. The limit of expansion is merely resources, creativity and demand. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Itzl is the Old One responsible for beast-taming. Aggradon Riders need the Blessing of Itzl to tame and ride their beasts. Wonder if we’ll get a mounted Saurus or Saurus with some beast friends (hey, everyone else seems to be getting them 😇).

Itzl has nothing (to my knowledge) to do with Temple Guard, however… Perhaps we were too hopeful there! 

Temple guards (and also the lost Razadons) were more associated with Quetzl the protector old one often his gift giving them spikes and hard hides/scales

With yhe Sunblood i assume we get a more association with guardians and maybe guard lizard-dinos with them. Somthing like a razadon sub-species like how warcry introduce the terrorwing cousins to the terradons

image.jpeg.85f23933023d96dbb92e1973e018f0bf.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Temple guards (and also the lost Razadons) were more associated with Quetzl the protector old one often his gift giving them spikes and hard hides/scales

With yhe Sunblood i assume we get a more association with guardians and maybe guard lizard-dinos with them. Somthing like a razadon sub-species like how warcry introduce the terrorwing cousins to the terradons

image.jpeg.85f23933023d96dbb92e1973e018f0bf.jpeg

We still have this unsolved Rumor Engine as well

2024-07-09.jpg

Easily could be for a tiny razordon-esque dino in the warband. Would be nice to see 3-4 Saurus, One being the Sun-blood and 2-3 being Temple Guard and then having 1-2 spiky lizards for the remainder. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

We still have this unsolved Rumor Engine as well

2024-07-09.jpg

Easily could be for a tiny razordon-esque dino in the warband. Would be nice to see 3-4 Saurus, One being the Sun-blood and 2-3 being Temple Guard and then having 1-2 spiky lizards for the remainder. 

Maybe, finally, a non-familiar-sized coatl? Looks quite serpentine.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

An WHU band consisting of just a Saurus and his pet dinosaur(s) would be so cool... I'm all for more dinosaurs in the Seraphon roster (yes I'm an adult now but I still haven't lost my childhood passion). 

• LOVE IT! 1