The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

An WHU band consisting of just a Saurus and his pet dinosaur(s) would be so cool... I'm all for more dinosaurs in the Seraphon roster (yes I'm an adult now but I still haven't lost my childhood passion). 

How about Saurus Sunblood and 3 sub-adult aggrodons? 

Leadership Lessons from Jurassic World

• Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I'd rather have some pissed off herbivores, for some change. But this is cool !

Remember, in Warhammer there are no herbivores amongst the Seraphon dinos, just omnivores to carnosaurs

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

Sure who doesn't want more models. But the game ecosystem can only manage so many moving pieces for a ruleset. Each army can only (standardly) have so many points on the table at one time as well. So while the world building is endless and yes we want dozens of units for each army, I'm not convinced that GW and the game itself can properly support that large of an expansion.  

Absolutely 👍 

The infamous purge of BoC , Bonesplitterz and Sacrosant is basically the prove.

The philosophy behind the very first AoS ( 2015-2016) was ( explained by game designers) to have a small size range for each faction or micro faction in order to let players collect and play the entire range of their favourite army .

From AoS 2 the philosophy changed but a sustainable range is the key for the game/faction to survive and grow.

And then you look at Fyreslayers spearhead and you praise Grimnir for a 2nd wave or a total rework 😂🔥 

99120205043_FYRVanguardLead.jpg?fm=webp&

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Absolutely 👍 

The philosophy behind the very first AoS ( 2015-2016) was ( explained by game designers) to have a small size range for each faction or micro faction in order to let players collect and play the entire range of their favourite army .

From AoS 2 the philosophy changed but a sustainable range is the key for the game/faction to survive and grow.

And then you look at Fyreslayers spearhead and you praise Grimnir for a 2nd wave or a total rework 😂🔥 

99120205043_FYRVanguardLead.jpg?fm=webp&

Is that a spearhead? I thought it was alternative poses of the same hero.

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Proof of what? That OBR can't have more than one infantry kit? Only one cavalry kit? One Warmachine kit? No new kits for AoS at all? What exactly does moving fantasy Beastmen kits back to ToW and removing 6 Bonesplitterz kits from Green Skins prove? 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Proof of what? That OBR can't have more than one infantry kit? Only one cavalry kit? One Warmachine kit? No new kits for AoS at all? What exactly does moving fantasy Beastmen kits back to ToW and removing 3 Bonesplitterz kits from Green Skins prove? 

That GW can't (or don't want to) support massive ranges.

14 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Proof of what? That OBR can't have more than one infantry kit? Only one cavalry kit? One Warmachine kit? No new kits for AoS at all? What exactly does moving fantasy Beastmen kits back to ToW and removing 3 Bonesplitterz kits from Green Skins prove? 

Imho, OBR are perfectly fine for a second wave. Even better, they would be awesome as Sce rivals in a new edition.

12 minutes ago, Hollow said:

6 minutes ago, Hollow said:

GW support massive ranges if they sell. Full stop. There are 12 different Marine factions and hundreds of Marine options for a reason. 

Exactly. GW wins zero production capacity with moving BoC to TOW, infact it's the opposite with all those old plastic sets that are brought back into production because of TOW.

• Like 3

I do think it is important to keep ranges "lean and fit" and I also think it is important that AoS continues to refine and define its design language. There is a big difference between having an interesting, dynamic and expansive range and faction "bloat", as I have mentioned before, I'm not a fan of faction ranges being incredibly "top-heavy" and having only one example of a "unit type". 

Armies to my mind are made up of troops, units and squads to be led by and augmented by heroes. A faction IMO shouldn't be 5 Unit types and 12 heroes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elarin said:

I can't wait for Grandfather's Gardeners and Jaws of Itzl

Love the Grandfather's Gardners name! Zamerion suggested the pot in the "pot-belly" was literally in a plaguebearer/heralds tum, so I can easily imagine them scattering seeds (or rather maggots) and some potential critters to represent the results (e.g. little horrible things sprouting). Or maybe just nurgling attendants 😊

2 hours ago, erickhayden said:

Today I will remind them

coatl.JPG

rumour.jpg

A COATL would be so cool! They pop up so much in the background, or have at least popped up so many times that I'd love to see one (albeit a small-ish one in this instance). Fond memories of a skink ridden-one appearing in an old Lizardmen army book and great artwork recently in Cubicle 7's Lustria book.

Edited by LeisureCanid
Skink had autocorrected to "skunk"
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, erickhayden said:

Today I will remind them

coatl.JPG

rumour.jpg

Good catch

Hilarious that model was never an official model just a kitnash that they put in White Dwarf hence the beak debate

Coming how the lustria book as the art of the actual serpent Coatl, the one in the slann base and AoS just love of 5th edition nostalgia if it is a coatl it probably look as such

image.jpeg.c14177789eb0134fb99bc0100cf209e7.jpeg

28 minutes ago, LeisureCanid said:

A COATL would be so cool! They pop up so much in the background, or have at least popped up so many times that I'd love to see one (albeit a small-ish one in this instance). Fond memories of a skunk ridden-one appearing in an old Lizardmen army book and great artwork recently in Cubicle 7's Lustria book.

They got mention in the Seraphon and Beastmen tome are big almost like the Arkhalian knights for lizardmen 

We have a baby coatl in the starmaster base

image.jpeg.67a1281a38964c2d966993878e714533.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1