The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Any idea when they'll show them off since the new edition drops 2nd of November?

They said next week in the article today!

Warhammer Underworlds Organised Play – The shape of competitive games in the new edition - Warhammer Community

Next week we’ll be flipping the first feature token in our roadmap, and revealing treasure as we take a look at the next two warbands for the new edition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Danaork said:

Speaking of Umbraneth, then, am i am alone to wish Malus Darkblade return in AoS ?

I hope he returns also, but I doubt he will. Tyrion killed him with widowmaker, I can't see him making it to AoS.

I think Shadowblade survived the end times? I'd love to see him return as a being wrapped with shadow, or something like "The Shadowblade". Basically an equal to The Light of Eltharion, which would be cool considering that one story they had in 6th/7th when they got new models. I forgot the details, but they had a rivalry going on for a bit

• LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, Red Bull said:

Tyrion killed him with widowmaker,

Tyrion killed the demon (forgot his name) Mallus soul was consumed by him as there was enough magic in the world due to it being the end times to overpower mallus and allow him to walk the mortal plane

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tonhel said:

GW wins zero production capacity with moving BoC to TOW,

The gaslighting in the squatting post was so egregious "we can't support every army forever! You're being crazy!" 

Meanwhile they didn't stop producing or selling a single BoC kit so that was... a lie.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

2024-01-09.jpg

I do wonder now if this may bot be IDK, but could in fact be related to this upcoming Serahon warband for UW. Still holding out for IDK myself, but I can not say no to dinosaurs too

Think that IDK is one of the factions that currently don't have an UW warband. Maybe it is their UW warband.

33 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Tyrion killed the demon (forgot his name) Mallus soul was consumed by him as there was enough magic in the world due to it being the end times to overpower mallus and allow him to walk the mortal plane

Malus was a popular character, and they still seem to be pushing the book series, so I have no doubt he'll return in some form whenever Malerion shows up.

Tzarkan was a daemon of Slaanesh IIRC, so Malus being consumed by Tzarkan means he was consumed by Slaanesh. We know that they pumped a whole load of souls out of Slaanesh in the Age of Myth - it's not a huge stretch to say that Malus's soul was one of them, and that Malerion claimed it.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Think that IDK is one of the factions that currently don't have an UW warband. Maybe it is their UW warband.

IDK have 2 atm with Elathain's Soulraid and Cyreni's razors. They are lacking a Warcry one though which is, out of all Warcy, the warband I am impatiently waiting for the most.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

IDK have 2 atm with Elathain's Soulraid and Cyreni's razors. They are lacking a Warcry one though which is, out of all Warcy, the warband I am impatiently waiting for the most.

But none of those two are now competitive allowed warbands. That's what I mean. Not all factions got one of their warbands allowed for competitive UW and IDK is one of them.

Legit question time: Do you think the majority of fans buy the warbands for use in AoS or as just cool painting projects?

Or is there actually a solid fan base for this game?

I think it's the first answer thus resulting in Geedubs thinking underworlds is popular enough to continue when it just folks buying the minis. 

I'm not saying it's a bad game but in my own experience it's a ghost town game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

But none of those two are now competitive allowed warbands. That's what I mean. Not all factions got one of their warbands allowed for competitive UW and IDK is one of them.

They did say in the article today that though they are not part of the 20 consisting of the new edition box teams, 2 new revealed next week and the 16 from the 4 team boxes that there will be 13 other warbands that will be revealed for competitive use that they haven't shown yet from previous warbands so I imagine one of the IDK will be included in it as well of some of the other factions that didn't get one yet. 

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Legit question time: Do you think the majority of fans buy the warbands for use in AoS or as just cool painting projects?

I think it's the first answer thus resulting in Geedubs thinking underworlds is popular enough to continue when it just folks buying the minis. 

Every time I have gone for Underworlds it has been to get a cool hero model that is it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

I originally was getting teams for the game but honestly my reasons for them range from for UW, Warcry, AoS or just fun painting projects because the models are great.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I think it varies considerably by region. Here in Japan, whenever I go into I gw store, I see it being played. It’s also the one true kitchen table game that gw makes. I can only speak anecdotally about this, but I know a few people, myself included, who just play it at home with their families. If I want to play a full game of AoS, I have to go to a club or an event as I simply don’t have the space and the terrain at home. With underworlds it takes moments to set up and I don’t have to clear all the stuff off my coffee table to make way for it. It wouldn’t surprise me if there is secretly a pretty large group of people across the world who play the game the way I do. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Danaork said:

Speaking of Umbraneth, then, am i am alone to wish Malus Darkblade return in AoS ?

I would sell both my Kruleboyz and OBR if Malus and Shadowblade were to return as part of Malerion's army. His is the one army I have been waiting with anticipation for and I think it would be silly to merge it with DoK simply because of the connection between Morathi and Malerion. His is worthy of a stand-alone army. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I dont game at all and am purely in it for the hobby and as such have bought both Ogor Warbands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I bought the Thricefold Discord because they're awesome models which I was eager to paint... and possibly to use as proxy models in AoS. 

I don't know anything at all about Underworlds, to be honest. When I bought the Discord off eBay, the seller sent me some cards with the models. My reaction was entirely "eh?" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1