The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Legit question time: Do you think the majority of fans buy the warbands for use in AoS or as just cool painting projects?

Or is there actually a solid fan base for this game?

I think it's the first answer thus resulting in Geedubs thinking underworlds is popular enough to continue when it just folks buying the minis. 

I'm not saying it's a bad game but in my own experience it's a ghost town game. 

It started well, but ended being a way for collectors to get cool minis, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't perform well if the changes are good enough.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Legit question time: Do you think the majority of fans buy the warbands for use in AoS or as just cool painting projects?

I think it's the first answer thus resulting in Geedubs thinking underworlds is popular enough to continue when it just folks buying the minis. 

I wouldn't be surprised if people playing Underworlds and those using warbands as proxies were close in numbers. I'm pretty sure less than 0,1% of actual AoS collectors ever participate in tournaments, thus the problem with "is this mini legal?" doesn't exist for the great majority. And UW warbands make a great way to proxy heroes on foot.

The game itself is also cool and I use it as side dish when there's still one hour left in the evening. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I personally own a few Underworlds warbands for AoS, painting, and for use in Soulbound. I tried to play the actual game of Underworlds, too, but there were always barriers in the past with getting the necessary cards if you only have the models. It seems like the new edition removes that barrier, so I personally want to try again.

I bought my Underworlds stuff pretty late, but as I understand it the game was pretty popular for a while when it first released. I think the idea of a miniature card game is sound and the gameplay seems fun from what I have experienced. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mawhis117 said:

Malus was a popular character, and they still seem to be pushing the book series, so I have no doubt he'll return in some form whenever Malerion shows up.

Tzarkan was a daemon of Slaanesh IIRC, so Malus being consumed by Tzarkan means he was consumed by Slaanesh. We know that they pumped a whole load of souls out of Slaanesh in the Age of Myth - it's not a huge stretch to say that Malus's soul was one of them, and that Malerion claimed it.

I wouldn't really worry too much about what happened in the lore before AoS launched. This universe is so flexible that almost anything is possible. If they had good enough writer Malus might return as anything really. From Malerion's right hand to demon prince. I mean, look what happened to Morathi or Teclis. Who would have guessed their godhood before End Times?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Depends where you live. I am playing Underworlds from release and I had my local scene which is bigger then 40k or AoS. Poland has big community for example. Last weekend those had 18 teams with 3 players playing. So that are AoS numbers. Italy has big community too. America and Canada have good communities too. UK has regular weekly events and biggest one is in Warhammer World with 30-40 players during week. Also we have big online community which is playing on Vassal platform with regular daily matches and leagues (currently 21. league is in run, they last for about 3 months). We never got to numbers like they were before covid where big events were 100+ peoples. At the end I think GW doesnt care too much if game is played if sales are good.

With new eddition they even cut costs more and they are selling some old warbands again so that is really not much effort for more profit 

• Thanks 1

Warbands of each factions that are not included are relatively new (Beastgrave or later):

CHAOS
-Gnarlspirit Pack (Slaves)
-The Wurmspat (Nurgle)

ORDER
-Gryselle's Arenai (DoK)
-The Shadeborn (DoK)
-Elathain's Soulraid (IDK)
-The Starblood Stalkers (Seraphon)
-Morgwaeth's Blade-coven (DoK)
-Skaeth's Wild Hunt (Sylvaneth)

DEATH
-The Exiled Dead (Soulblight)
-Sons of Velmorn (Soulblight)

DESTRUCTION
-Rippa's Snarlfangs (Gloomspite)
-Hrothgorn's Mantrappers (Ogors)

I removed the Skaven and Stormcast.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Warbands of each factions that are not included are relatively new (Beastgrave or later):

CHAOS
-The Wurmspat (Nurgle)

ORDER
-Gryselle's Arenai (DoK)
-The Shadeborn (DoK)

DEATH

DESTRUCTION

This confirms that roumoured Krethusa DoK warband as they didnt include any old and Arenai are really recent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

CHAOS
-The Wurmspat (Nurgle)

ORDER
-Gryselle's Arenai (DoK)
-The Shadeborn (DoK)

DEATH

DESTRUCTION

Also the CoS and FEC ones from the last box.

14 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

That GW can't (or don't want to) support massive ranges.

and can't support too many factions.

BoC freed up a chaos slot for upcoming Chorfs

Bonesplitterz freed up space/design for Orruk warclans (which is already a double faction in the end)

Sacrosant's and the other not replaced warrior chamber kits purge  reduced the SCE range bloat ( Ruination release was quite small in order to do not bloat it again )

Thanks @Elarin new Gor Rok is awesome !!! ✌️

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Bonesplitterz freed up space/design for Orruk warclans (which is already a double faction in the end)

Sacrosant's and the other not replaced warrior chamber kits purge  reduced the SCE range bloat ( Ruination release was quite small in order to do not bloat it again )

I hope that Bonespittas disappearance will make room for at least a Kragnos faction and some medium-sized giants in the future

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, erickhayden said:

are there skinks like the last one?

Don't think there will be skinks as GW tends to represent different subfactions per warbands (and as skinks have already a warband)

Edited by Vagard

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

The result is the same for an AoS BoC player, but it is really not that GW can't support BoC. They have chosen to not support it for AoS. The "why" is still a mystery.

Because moving it to TOW does not in any way means that GW doesn't have the capacity to support it. It's the opposite as they will reintroduce older kits back when Beastmen gets it release slot with TOW, thus increasing the logistic strain.

The AoS design team have chosen to not support/expand BoC during 4th. This could be because of lots of different reasons, but that GW can't support it isn't one of them.

The Seraphon mini is amazing. UW mini's never disappoint!

Edited by Tonhel