The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

The result is the same for an AoS BoC player, but it is really not that GW can't support BoC. They have chosen to not support it for AoS. The "why" is still a mystery.

Because moving it to TOW does not in any way means that GW doesn't have the capacity to support it. It's the opposite as they will reintroduce older kits back when Beastmen gets it release slot with TOW, thus increasing the logistic strain.

The AoS design team have chosen to not support/expand BoC during 4th. This could be because of lots of different reasons, but that GW can't support it isn't one of them.

The Seraphon mini is amazing. UW mini's never disappoint!

I don't think it is the same. Each game has a capacity. The products are still around, yes, but not under the AoS capacity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't think it is the same. Each game has a capacity. The products are still around, yes, but not under the AoS capacity.

By that logic, no faction would get anything new unless it loses something. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

The AoS Download section is updated with the Stormcast points.

(and errata for a book that hasn't released yet.)

Appreciated. A lot of corrections and stuff that people already knew. Sadly, nothing for my KOs and Assault Boat. 

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Appreciated. A lot of corrections and stuff that people already knew. Sadly, nothing for my KOs and Assault Boat. 

Honestly, I feel like I'll probably end up sitting this edition out until Kharadron get a decent battletome or Chaos Duardin arrive, whichever comes first. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly, I feel like I'll probably end up sitting this edition out until Kharadron get a decent battletome or Chaos Duardin arrive, whichever comes first. 

That's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to play a few friendly tournaments just to hang around with friends, but I will probably take a break too.

3 hours ago, Elarin said:

Rawr

IMG_20241022_232240.jpg

Wake up find a leak model 👏 👏 👏 

He look great the dino club look fantastic such a faithful glow up from the old model

image.png.ee0987d52f84162a72e652ee747ff163.png

Sure that the other crew and pets would look great. Bet @DinoJon is in ecstasy 

With that i guess the next warband till next year in LVO 

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Is that the only pic? Does it solve this?

2024-05-07.jpg

No you can tell by the angle of the rumor it more bend over while the Sunblood has more a flat scale back with more girthy spikes.

Im sure another one of the warband solve this

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

There's various rule updates to a couple of bits and pieces in the Battle Profiles and Rules updates PDF, page 41 onwards.

Lumineth have some changes to Move like the wind and Riverblades.

I can't work out why but the Sylvaneth faction pack download has been updated, but there doesn't appear to be any changes listed in the rules update PDF for them.

Yeah, they've finally nerfed the Hurakan battle formation as everyone had been expecting to happen with the last battlescroll update.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

46 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Or they just wanted to free some space and it was also a movement that benefited ToW.

What I am saying is that GW has the capacity to support BoC in AoS, even with adding new armies to AoS. The reason why they have stopped supporting BoC for AoS has nothing to do with production capacity as a whole for GW as moving it to TOW has zero impact on production or distribution. 

Maybe it is something as simple as GW upper management installed a hard faction cap for AoS which they can't exceed. So if the design team wants to introduce a new army, another one has to go or even something banal as the AoS designers just don't like the current concept of BoC within AoS.

Imo, all valid reasons as it is their game, but blaming it on production capacity  / can't support the faction is not a valid reason and imo as @The Red Kingsaid a bit of a lie as all the BoC kits and probably some new mini's will still be produced and sold by GW.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Yeah, they've finally nerfed the Hurakan battle formation as everyone had been expecting to happen with the last battlescroll update.

Yeah, definitely expected though interesting way to do it.

I dunno the other armies well enough to know how significant their changes are, or if it’s just some basic clarifications.

1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

The AoS Download section is updated with the Stormcast points.

(and errata for a book that hasn't released yet.)

Do you have the PDF? I don't find it on warhammer community

Or is it in battle profiles ?

Edited by Vagard

54 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

What I am saying is that GW has the capacity to support BoC in AoS, even with adding new armies to AoS. The reason why they have stopped supporting BoC for AoS has nothing to do with production capacity as a whole for GW as moving it to TOW has zero impact on production or distribution. 

Maybe it is something as simple as GW upper management installed a hard faction cap for AoS which they can't exceed. So if the design team wants to introduce a new army, another one has to go or even something banal as the AoS designers just don't like the current concept of BoC within AoS.

I think it's what you've said about the design studio not liking how Beasts of Chaos look and feel in AOS, and by retiring them they get to come back with something new.

I also suspect it's also due to The Old World having Beastmen (Beasts of Chaos) and wanting to repackage kits and track sales.

But without reaching for my Mod Hat, I think it's best we leave this type of discussion to rest. It's already happened, GW might bring something back in a new form later, and people get upset about this (and understandably so). Lets get back to rumours....

• Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Warbands of each factions that are not included are relatively new (Beastgrave or later):

CHAOS
-Gnarlspirit Pack (Slaves)
-The Wurmspat (Nurgle)

ORDER
-Gryselle's Arenai (DoK)
-The Shadeborn (DoK)
-Elathain's Soulraid (IDK)
-The Starblood Stalkers (Seraphon)
-Morgwaeth's Blade-coven (DoK)
-Skaeth's Wild Hunt (Sylvaneth)

DEATH
-The Exiled Dead (Soulblight)
-Sons of Velmorn (Soulblight)

DESTRUCTION
-Rippa's Snarlfangs (Gloomspite)
-Hrothgorn's Mantrappers (Ogors)

I removed the Skaven and Stormcast.

So the 3 heralds mentioned by @Nighthaunt Noob could be :

Crone heralds/Krethusa followers (DOK)

Gitmob warband (Gloomspite)

Chorfs mixed race warband ( Hammers of Hashut )

12 minutes ago, cyrus said:

So the 3 heralds mentioned by @Nighthaunt Noob could be :

Crone heralds/Krethusa followers (DOK)

Gitmob warband (Gloomspite)

Chorfs mixed race warband ( Hammers of Hashut )

Gitmob is just one of the candidates of the heralds. The third herald was never comfirmed

We assuming it Gitmob cause they getting an army box in February-march. We know in LVO since there 1 warband that'll drop early next year

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Gitmob is just one of the candidates of the heralds. The third herald was never comfirmed

We assuming it Gitmob cause they getting an army box in February-march. We know in LVO since there 1 warband that'll drop early next year

I am a bit lost with this Heralds thing. Are the Seraphon and Nurgle part of them?

Ok. I'm looking back over @Nighthaunt Noob 's hints as they been correct so far. Interestingly they listed 9 warbands and said each hint was  for a different warband. The Potbelly is Nurgle. The rawr is Seraphon. One herald is DoK, one is Chaos Duardin and the last is either gitmob or Kurnothi. 

The last two were chaos and destruction. 

One could be Khorne Deamons, the other is a mystery- hopefully Ogors to tie in with a range refresh. 

21 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Ok. I'm looking back over @Nighthaunt Noob 's hints as they been correct so far. Interestingly they listed 9 warbands and said each hint was  for a different warband. The Potbelly is Nurgle. The rawr is Seraphon. One herald is DoK, one is Chaos Duardin and the last is either gitmob or Kurnothi. 

The last two were chaos and destruction. 

One could be Khorne Deamons, the other is a mystery- hopefully Ogors to tie in with a range refresh. 

Then the third herald is Gitmob. We all know Kurnothi are just a bad dream.

• Like 1