The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

They couldn't stop Gor "the 'Rok" Johnson forever ! He's gonna drop that Lizard Elbow all over those Nurgle guys ! (mods can mute me for these terrible puns and I wouldn't be mad)

That's not a combat scar he just raised that dino eyebrow a little too high and out it popped! 😁

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

I gotta disagree here. Warhammer, in its purest form is the contrast of Entirely Grim Lore and stories studded with Rivets of Silly Names and situations. Tiktaq'to, Lord Kroak (A Frog That is Dead and has Kroaked, Genius), Skaven accidentally calling the Eldar in 40k. A Goblin Shaman thinking that the relationship between human and greenskins is endearing because they eat each other and then upset when he finds out they don’t.

Possibly my favourite being Hashut, bless you, as little jokey on sneezing. 

Warhammer is crammed full of silly jokes, puns, unserious models and the such. I don’t think these guys even come particularly close. Butnif they do, thats Nurgles bag- Grotesque, rotting flesh. Disease, tumours and rot, and Nurgeling doing a puppet show right next the most horrific thing you’ve ever seen.

IMG_0829.jpeg.1077c9a23431ec60ad76477a98a673fe.jpegIMG_0828.jpeg.8d671d185191e162c8930796360a3b78.jpegIMG_0827.jpeg.09e0abf61fb898c8abce9f5cbfb49301.jpeg

In regards to the Pot, Mammon did it first, and Frankly, More tubes and collection buckets please 😂

IMG_0826.jpeg.3986b3f9e063dff5810252dba8249cf7.jpeg

Naturally you are allowed to disagree but I can only state my preference and opinion and thus disagree with you in turn.

Frankly the whole "make Nurgle cute" thing is relatively recent, at least this level of it and has little to do with other puns they've pulled off for VERY different factions (so the comparison is weak). And I think it sucks - it's too extreme. I don't care if Lizardmen had stupid names, their appeal is very different to Chaos's.

There's a huge difference between something dark and  horrific being jolly (Plaguebearers are not jolly either, quite the contrary, what's with the Sloppity Bilepiper, that contradicts established lore) and these crappy Loony Toon things they pump out now. Nurgle's carnival managed to pull it off well but that's where it should end. Or a terrifyingly twisted human having a rather surprising bright mood, that's a nice dichotomy. 

The Nurglings are so childish now they work as cute plushies but frankly they lost part of their profile - they went from something twisted and strangely adorable (due to the way they acted with GUOs, not because they looked cute) to super-cute.