The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, erickhayden said:

Dream of a temple guard warband/kit have been dashed!

I always thought it was unlikely, but I was expecting a hero and not an underworlds warband. I love the Saurus. I'm buying them for sure but the Nurgle warband is way too gross for me especially the latched on bugs everywhere. I don't think this is a warband you can accuse of being too cute. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, erickhayden said:

It was probably "too early" for a proper saurus guard release.

Potbelly is literally called Potbelly !!!

Phlegmus Potbelly has one uncomplicated duty – to spread his master’s maggots and maladies across the Mortal Realms.

whuw_warbandreveal-oct28-carousel-c_5-wa

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, erickhayden said:

I feel the need to point out that there are underworlds warbands and other units/kits that have an overlapping theme, so no dreams have been dashed yet.

For example, The Shadeborn and Khainite Shadowstalkers have a lot over overlap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I feel the need to point out that there are underworlds warbands and other units/kits that have an overlapping theme, so no dreams have been dashed yet.

For example, The Shadeborn and Khainite Shadowstalkers have a lot over overlap.

I'd go so far as to say that Underworlds warbands are usually based on existing AoS units. I definitely don't see an update to temple guard being off the table after this.

• Like 1

Actually both generic saurus looks like saurus warrior more than temple guards. Shield, weapons and thigh protections are the same as saurus warriors and I expect way more armour and jewelry for temple guards. 

To support my point : The Sunblood Kro-Jax the Aegis now leads his Saurus Warriors Ro-Tak the Guardian and So-Kar into battle alongside a swarm of Sotek’s Venomites

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Actually both generic saurus looks like saurus warrior more than temple guards. Shield, weapons and thigh protections are the same as saurus warriors and I expect way more armour and jewelry for temple guards. 

To support my point : The Sunblood Kro-Jax the Aegis now leads his Saurus Warriors Ro-Tak the Guardian and So-Kar into battle alongside a swarm of Sotek’s Venomites

IMHO Saurus guard really deserve a size increase to fit the elite infantry and as it happened with saurus knights >>>aggradon. 

So i would see a  5 man squad on 40mm base and yes more armor ,jewelry and weapon options.

But it could happen in this edition or in the next one.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cyrus said:

IMHO Saurus guard really deserve a size increase to fit the elite infantry and as it happened with saurus knights >>>aggradon. 

So i would see a  5 man squad on 40mm base and yes more armor ,jewelry and weapon options.

But it could happen in this edition or in the next one.

I think that Seraphon will need 1 big or 2 small waves to refresh the rest of their roaster (temple guards, skinks and all beasts excepted the spawn of chohtek, if we only talk about existing kits) 

If i'm not mistaken, there was a small roumor about basic troops refresh in V4 this spring talking about skink refresh amongst other factions, but not sure if this info was reliable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vagard said:

I think that Seraphon will need 1 big or 2 small waves to refresh the rest of their roaster (temple guards, skinks and all beasts excepted the spawn of chohtek, if we only talk about existing kits) 

If i'm not mistaken, there was a small roumor about basic troops refresh in V4 this spring talking about skink refresh amongst other factions, but not sure if this info was reliable.

Did we get any refreshes on bigger kits from 7th ed onwards?

18 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

Did we get any refreshes on bigger kits from 7th ed onwards?

Iirc all the Greater Daemon updates accompanied AoS Battletomes (and the End Times in the case of the Bloodthirster), unless you just meant Seraphon/Lizardmen - in which case I think it's just been Kroak as Vagard says.

I think that the Stegadon, Carnosaur/Troglodon and Bastiladon are all great kits that hold up perfectly well and will do so for a number of years yet. I'd like to see new Skinks, Saurus Guard, Saurus Foot hero and a new big dino (Brachiosaurus type with a Howda would be cool) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I believe no big plastic kits have been refreshed so far. A few metal and resin ones have, though.

The rumoured new Zombie Dragon might be the first.

Indeed it is crazy how many monsters have been released since V1 but nearly no existing monsters have been refreshed yet. 

Did not noticed that before

• Like 2

WarCom seems a little confused.

But yes should confirm its coming next week.

I wonder if this article should have gone up next week and they mixed it up with another as we still don't have the HH Thursday for today

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Yeah, it deffo has to be 2nd of Nov. And it makes total sense. Gobbo and Embergard and maybe some other minor stuff, as they said the big UW boxes would come a bit later.

50 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I wonder if this article should have gone up next week and they mixed it up with another as we still don't have the HH Thursday for today

They also haven't acknowledged the rules updates or points releases. Unusually there was only one article yesterday, so does seem a bit confused.

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

I don't think we'll get the heresy Thursday article today based on four dropping already today :(

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Dear diary, today is a special day in TGA history : it's the first time GW had to do an official reveal to respond to leaks on our forum. I don't care if the leaks originated from Reddit in the first place, I want TGA to take the W.

Now I also want updated Plaguebearers. The idea of ticks on Nurgle models is new, and I love it : they're honestly disgusting animals, everyone who knows these little ****** hates them, but Nurgle ticks probably spread worse things than Lyme's disease. 

Both great warbands to me. I hope to see the Jaws of Itzl integrated in the Seraphon BT as a Sunblood and his two N-1 Saurus.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

12 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Dear diary, today is a special day in TGA history : it's the first time GW had to do an official reveal to respond to leaks on our forum. I don't care if the leaks originated from Reddit in the first place, I want TGA to take the W.

Now I also want updated Plaguebearers. The idea of ticks on Nurgle models is new, and I love it : they're honestly disgusting animals, everyone who knows these little ****** hates them, but Nurgle ticks probably spread worse things than Lyme's disease. 

Both great warbands to me. I hope to see the Jaws of Itzl integrated in the Seraphon BT as a Sunblood and his two N-1 Saurus.

They did not originate from Reddit 😁

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, it has been a 100% job from our forum! Started with @Nighthaunt Noob, I think @zamerion was involved at some point as well and @Elarin killed it!

Now you all have to maintain this level :P

For now, all I can say is that the next free model in Warhammer stores is going to be a Hernkyn Yaegir. I know it's nothing groundbreaking 😅

Oh, and Commemorative Ratling duo is a Black Friday model 

• Thanks 5
  • LOVE IT! 1