The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, cyrus said:

According to Miniatures: Daemons - Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum

The old ones are Bloodletters, Daemonettes and Seekers from 2008  ( 16 years old)

Then pink horrors and blood crushers from 2010 (14 years old)

Flamers ,seeker chariot and screamers from 2012 (12 years old)

Plaguebearers, plague drones, nurglings, burning chariot , skull cannon from 2013 (11 years old)

With AoS 4 there was a silent purge of following kits : Epidemius , Fluxmaster,  Blue scribes , Herald of slaanesh. 

Epidemius & the Blue Scribes have seen their niche of "named heralds" replaced by Horticulous Slimux/Changeling. Same for the fluxmaster and the fateskimmer. 

I think the most urgent minis to replace are all the 00s ones : as much as I want new plaguebearers and Slaanesh chariots, the priority should be to update the minis from 2008/2010. And the chaos spawn who's older than that (2007) !

However, with the rumored dissapearance of Daemons of Chaos in 40k, to be replaced with monotheist Chaos God codices mixing Daemons and CSM like their AoS BT counterparts, I don't see a "Daemons of Chaos range refresh". Instead, we'll likely see smaller scale Khorne/Nurgle/Tzeentch/Slaanesh daemons range refreshes coming alongside their dedicated codex/BT. And maybe the old daemons will be moved to TOW for their return there.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

With this bunch of RE sorted we are almost there resolving the ones from the previous Christmas run. Just 6 left.

What I find curious is how they changed the paradigm this year, featuring the Gobbo Snowman branch it clearly tells us that those are not longer going to be resolved during the first half of the year. IMO this is something we have to bear in mind if this year we have another round of Christmas rumour engines.

image.png.c567956165f69dade717f24463677049.png

REVEAL THE SPIDER INCARNATE GW.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Epidemius & the Blue Scribes have seen their niche of "named heralds" replaced by Horticulous Slimux/Changeling. Same for the fluxmaster and the fateskimmer. 

I think the most urgent minis to replace are all the 00s ones : as much as I want new plaguebearers and Slaanesh chariots, the priority should be to update the minis from 2008/2010. And the chaos spawn who's older than that (2007) !

However, with the rumored dissapearance of Daemons of Chaos in 40k, to be replaced with monotheist Chaos God codices mixing Daemons and CSM like their AoS BT, I don't see a "Daemons of Chaos range refresh". Instead, we'll likely see smaller scale Khorne/Nurgle/Tzeentch/Slaanesh daemons range refresh coming alongside their dedicated codex/BT. And maybe the old daemons will be moved to TOW for their return there.

If that's the case, the Emperor Children's Codex would give us a clue. If they come with some sort of demons it could give us hope for the rest of the monogods.

12 minutes ago, Elarin said:

For now, all I can say is that the next free model in Warhammer stores is going to be a Hernkyn Yaegir. I know it's nothing groundbreaking 😅

Oh, and Commemorative Ratling duo is a Black Friday model 

Thank you for your leaks/rumors

if you got any CoS rumor/leaks 

******************************************************************************************

one thing I got to mention is how the name of the Seraphon warband Jaws of Itzl is kind of weird because Itzl is the old one of Beasts

OldOnechart.jpg.9cd6dee19a4d162d0bd6f5ae5eda17d9.jpg

yet i feel like the warband only has one unit (that not name after him) that relates to him. It feels like it should have had another unit of sotek’s venomites maybe one with medium reptiles like the old WHF jungle swarm artwork

Jungle Swarm - Warhammer - The Old World - Lexicanum

It bee cool if this was just the preview to a more dedicated Itzl swarm that more in line towards say the scarb swarm for Tomb king in TOW. Even if it something like a Seraphon Endless spell like how the Gitz has the scuttletide

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Thank you for your leaks/rumors

if you got any CoS rumor/leaks 

******************************************************************************************

one thing I got to mention is how the name of the Seraphon warband Jaws of Itzl is kind of weird because Itzl is the old one of Beasts

OldOnechart.jpg.9cd6dee19a4d162d0bd6f5ae5eda17d9.jpg

yet i feel like the warband only has one unit (that not name after him) that relates to him. It feels like it should have had another unit of sotek’s venomites maybe one with medium reptiles like the old WHF jungle swarm artwork

Jungle Swarm - Warhammer - The Old World - Lexicanum

It bee cool if this was just the preview to a more dedicated Itzl swarm that more in line towards say the scarb swarm for Tomb king in TOW. Even if it something like a Seraphon Endless spell like how the Gitz has the scuttletide

IMO this concept fits better with a Warcry warband/unit than a UW one based on the size that both warbands tend to have.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If that's the case, the Emperor Children's Codex would give us a clue. If they come with some sort of demons it could give us hope for the rest of the monogods.

This has some weight as so far the EC release looks sized like the TS/WE one according to Valrak, so medium-ish. Fulgrim, Lucius, generic lord, legionnaires, noise marines, palatine blades. Pretty sure the codex could use some more meat on its bones if that’s the case, which demons can provide. 

1 hour ago, Elarin said:

For now, all I can say is that the next free model in Warhammer stores is going to be a Hernkyn Yaegir. I know it's nothing groundbreaking 😅

Oh, and Commemorative Ratling duo is a Black Friday model 

Cool! Does this tie in with anything for Votann? Maybe the novel?

Liking the new Underworlds sets- quite tempting as a side project for painting and one of my 40k buddies has started playing so I'd be tempted to give the game a crack. 

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

@Elarin someone is trying to shadow you!

1.jpg.071a0c69ed3c74090ce7292f94f927ea.jpg

Quick! Leak something!

Im just shock that we're not only leaking stuff for next year but stuff that isn't next in line

Like Krieg supposed to come out first yet this decided the fa t that this leaked before even one horse is shown is mind boggling 

Gw intern who has to write the article tomorrow:

image.jpeg.61769b296b5e36d9f3b64f9589638b28.jpeg

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Cool! Does this tie in with anything for Votann? Maybe the novel?

Liking the new Underworlds sets- quite tempting as a side project for painting and one of my 40k buddies has started playing so I'd be tempted to give the game a crack. 

I think it's just a tie-in with new edition of Kill Team. The collectible coin is a Red Gobbo

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Im just shock that we're not only leaking stuff for next year but stuff that isn't next in line

Like Krieg supposed to come out first yet this decided the fa t that this leaked before even one horse is shown is mind boggling 

Gw intern who has to write the article tomorrow:

image.jpeg.61769b296b5e36d9f3b64f9589638b28.jpeg

This gives me hope about a Gitmob leak.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Malerion God of Ulgu said:

Fuegan! It was time for a new Phoenix Lord even if classic models are cool even today.  Also wasn't that axe another rumor engine? Maybe also a piece of the flamecannon I don't remember.

I like these new Phoenix Lords, I just hope they will do a bigger and different mini for Asurmen. Just for him. 

Hum... I didn't pay much attention to the Fuegan in terms of REs. Good point.

The only RE that kind of fits into it, is this one, IMO:

2024-09-24.jpg

There are some flames in the base, they are not 100% the same, but it seems we are not seeing the base completely.