The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Grunbag said:

Do you guys think that city dwarf will be resculpt or removed?

Depend on what the Ironweld going to be like

We git the Cgofort rumor and in this edition mention twice that it a dwarf driven vehicle. Don't know if that'll translate into other "Disspossed" models

Honestly if city dwarfs are to be coming i expect little in a similar way T'au auxiliary was prior to the kroot wave where we gettlike 3 kit at most 4 if we're counting a new Grombrindal since he had a consistant design in novels as we discussed previously

image.jpeg.86ae99b9095e726da9bdccc6ba95f679.jpeg

Warhammer Heroes for AoS gets an official announcement.

They’ll be available to buy from selected retailers in Europe and the US from tomorrow and will come to Australia and New Zealand, China, and Japan later in the year.

Each miniature is push-fit and comes with rules for use in Warcry, as part of a Heroes of the Gladitorium warband. All seven are mighty heroes whose names are known throughout the ranks of the Stormcast Eternals.

Every display unit will have eight blind boxes, but unlike previous Warhammer Heroes series’, there is no guarantee you will get all seven miniatures if you buy a full unit of eight.

warhammerheroes5-oct25-box-vnvdihmm63.jp

warhammerheroes5-oct25_carousel-1-goltan

warhammerheroes5-oct25_carousel-2-tenya-

warhammerheroes5-oct25_carousel-3-numara

warhammerheroes5-oct25_carousel-4-printi

warhammerheroes5-oct25_carousel-5-valant

warhammerheroes5-oct25_carousel-6-zhea-4

warhammerheroes5-oct25_carousel-7-axactu

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Weren't they available for sale for more than a month or am I dreaming it?

The Heroes boxes are weird. I think them being Blind Boxes mostly meant for the East Asian market (at least they were originally) might have something to do with them appearing all over the place.

The Strike Force Justaren ones you could buy from some UK retailers a few months before GW started selling them directly, but I get the impression they were buying them from abroad, because only a few places had them before GW said they'd stock them in the UK, which were then one-and-done things.

40 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So why pick up this over a Spearhead box?

Like the minature are waaaay too same compare to their counter part (and the case of the arcanum is imo worse than the stormcoven and single arcanum)

Your not garantee get all seven miniatures if you buy a full unit of eight

So why?

3 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I’m a bit confused; are they releasing new boxes of new random heroes for certain factions? 

This is the first AoS version of the 40k gatcha heroes. An example of them is the two KTs that come in the starter set that will be for sale tomorrow. I think there's already 4 or 5 of them for 40k.

9 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So why pick up this over a Spearhead box?

Like the minature are waaaay too same compare to their counter part (and the case of the arcanum is imo worse than the stormcoven and single arcanum)

Your not garantee get all seven miniatures if you buy a full unit of eight

So why?

It's the GW version of Gacha, which is those random collectable toys you get from vending machines (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gashapon). It's never been something I've been interested in and I don't get it but I think it's really popular.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Every display unit will have eight blind boxes, but unlike previous Warhammer Heroes series’, there is no guarantee you will get all seven miniatures if you buy a full unit of eight.

This is incredibly dumb. They're cool models, being able to pick up a single model for cheaper than a hero is something I like, the fact that they are their own Warcry band is awesome, but not making them available in any guaranteed way immediately crushes all that excitement.

Not just dumb, also potentially illegal. They are obligated by law in some territories, notably Asian ones where this is presumably targeted at, to publish detailed percentage pull rates for each miniature rarity. Just saying the Knight Arcanum is 'the rare miniature' ain't cutting it.

Edited by Mortal Wound

27 minutes ago, erickhayden said:

Hopefully LGS will let you open them to see which figure is which.

They won't, that's a surefire way to sell out of the Knight Arcanum instantly and be left sitting on several dozen of every other model, losing massive amounts of money on the product.

Edited by Mortal Wound

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Depend on what the Ironweld going to be like

We git the Cgofort rumor and in this edition mention twice that it a dwarf driven vehicle. Don't know if that'll translate into other "Disspossed" models

Honestly if city dwarfs are to be coming i expect little in a similar way T'au auxiliary was prior to the kroot wave where we gettlike 3 kit at most 4 if we're counting a new Grombrindal since he had a consistant design in novels as we discussed previously

I really hope they aren't reduced to just Ironweld units. Classic Dwarfs are and should be so much more than war machine crews supporting a human force :( There is all the AoS lore around them having their own homes outside the cities. Even the recent Grombrindal book talked about them reclaiming former Karaks.

• Like 2