The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Eldar was something for Q1-Q2 2025, so at least 3-4 months.

A February release would technically be within the three months window for the November preview. I was originally expecting to get a tease in November, another tease at Christmas or new year and a full reveal at LVO, so it's being shown somewhere between one and and three months early. In other news it looks like now is a good time to be painting my first 40k models since 7th edition!PXL_20241025_154714276.jpg.f89ca0e1a4e137c25d578dc069f7ca4b.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Vaellas said:

Saw a video yesterday by Off Meta Musings of a leak and it had the % of each character on the side of the box

image.png.f7a043d6d7a1dde85d3f2dd60e0406ee.png

Thank you for clarifying. So it seems it's one of each of the six grunts per display, except two Liberators and two Vindictors, with one in three cases having the Arcanum instead of the duplicate Vindictor.

Good they provide pull rates in accordance with local regulations.

It's still an inexplicable and indefensible change to the established product.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

Thank you for clarifying. So it seems it's one of each trooper per display, except two Liberators and two Vindictors, but one in three cases has an Arcanum instead of the duplicate Vindictor.

As always, AoS is their testing field.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think you mean news of... Lumineth Flame Tempe Aelf? Cities Phoenix Marshal?

40k_fuegan-oct25-image1-258nw7atia.jpg

Look I'm stretching, but if even I'm admitting how cool an E*f model is, it has to be good!

Im shock just Shock that they actually reference the Ynari?!?

like wow

GW talking about Ynari!

not much of his lore is in the article which is fine with the circumstances that surrounding it but kind of wish they mention anything else about him or the spirit of the Mythological aeldari dragons he embodies  

The aeldari themselves have been a lore runt coming how the only plot relevance they been at is the Rhana Dandra plotline and that won't ever end or has such relevance that it will shake up the setting. Like Fyreslayer for all their lack of models are not chained to the Doomgron plotline and have been a player all over the narrative

the model itself is cool as it just updating the old version with just a new back banner (WHICH I LOVE BTW ill see if I could like get that sprue by itself) the cool dragon belt buckle is a nice touch after they remove the old dragon scale cloth with a normal aeladri one

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

It’s all written in the lumineth vanari bannerblade : Celennar/Moon/Teclis on the right , Phoenix/Sun/Tyrion on the left .

IMG_1912.jpeg.522723cbb62fbbc8688e0f931eb370b6.jpeg

The only temple left not define is the Zenith (Light temple) however there debate if that is in fact a Phoenix or not

cause there are other motif in lumineth banners pointy toward it actually be dragon varient

71sbqKN3TWL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

vanari-auralan-wardens.jpg

Tyrion is call the Lord Phoenix that is hard confirmed and with the events of Dawnbringer it defiantly some elements of old HE Phoenix being integrated to the Lumineth however this might be the case of the Hurakan temple where despite their spirit being the horned fox the Vanari of the Zenith temple might be dragon riders

obviously the lumineth dragons would have to be different from the stormcast dragons and the Ironjawz Wyvern

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

cause there are other motif in lumineth banners pointy toward it actually be dragon varient

71sbqKN3TWL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

vanari-auralan-wardens.jpg

Tyrion is call the Lord Phoenix that is hard confirmed and with the events of Dawnbringer it defiantly some elements of old HE Phoenix being integrated to the Lumineth however this might be the case of the Hurakan temple where despite their spirit being the horned fox the Vanari of the Zenith temple might be dragon riders

obviously the lumineth dragons would have to be different from the stormcast dragons and the Ironjawz Wyvern

This is definitely a depiction of a phoenix reborn from flames/ashes.

IMG_1913.jpeg.900447f008dd5230e01b5856845cb886.jpeg

I really think that Tyrion , the phoenix lord , will be accompanied by a phoenix in the samme manner as Celennar does with Teclis .

And hinted lumineth phoenix guard could be Tyrion’s personal guard/elite troops. 

No clue on Zenith temple , we will probably see a proper River temple release first . 

Edited by cyrus

12 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

I may be in the minority, but I would really love some new Skinks. The old ones (heh) aren't bad, but neither were the old Clanrats, Chaos Warriors, Deathrattle Skeletons, etc. etc. We have Slanns, Saurus, and Kroxigor properly represented in Age of Sigmar now, so I really want to see the final caste make the jump as well. Also, a lot of the Skinks we've seen with Starblood Stalkers and Raptadons were pretty derpy looking.

As for wishes for the Rumor Fairy... Y'all got any more of that Malstrain stuff :3?

I love skinks but it will be hard for them to escape some feeling of derp in any update, still love them to death regardless though

37 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

Thank you for clarifying. So it seems it's one of each trooper per display, except two Liberators and two Vindictors, but one in three cases has an Arcanum instead of the duplicate Vindictor.

Yeah, they can leave the gacha mechanic to those that like to buy them solo and keep the guaranteed for those that like to buy the boxes I feel.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

A February release would technically be within the three months window for the November preview. I was originally expecting to get a tease in November, another tease at Christmas or new year and a full reveal at LVO, so it's being shown somewhere between one and and three months early. In other news it looks like now is a good time to be painting my first 40k models since 7th edition!PXL_20241025_154714276.jpg.f89ca0e1a4e137c25d578dc069f7ca4b.jpg

Looking good! 👍 Kinda Killteam-y.

• Thanks 1

It could just be me, but, I’m getting the feeling that Tyrions mount and version of Celennar is not a Phoenix or Dragon. Rather, it’s both, a Phoenix Dragon? Would be a Great way to separate from Stormcast Dragons, and what I imagine the “Umbraneth” will one day have.

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3830.jpeg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 6

54 minutes ago, Kronos said:

It could just be me, but, I’m getting the feeling that Tyrions mount and version of Celennar is not a Phoenix or Dragon. Rather, it’s both, a Phoenix Dragon? Would be a Great way to separate from Stormcast Dragons, and what I imagine the “Umbraneth” will one day have.

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3830.jpeg

Oh. I like that.

8 hours ago, cyrus said:

This is definitely a depiction of a phoenix reborn from flames/ashes.

IMG_1913.jpeg.900447f008dd5230e01b5856845cb886.jpeg

I really think that Tyrion , the phoenix lord , will be accompanied by a phoenix in the samme manner as Celennar does with Teclis .

And hinted lumineth phoenix guard could be Tyrion’s personal guard/elite troops. 

No clue on Zenith temple , we will probably see a proper River temple release first . 

was referring to this banner

image.png.29ba1b9265c56c0dd99c3be0629d85ae.png

which along with this

image.png.070e502d2dfa90d9cacbe2d3a209429e.png

not saying they won't be phoenix but there a chance that lumies will get their own Caleador with the Zenith temple. If Tyrion will have a pheonix just like Celennar than the Zenith won't be the "pheonix temple" like how the Hurkan temple is the fox temple or the Ydlrian the Hippocampus temple

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

If Lumineth gets an miniature wave this edition and is based on an AoSfied Caledor version I am 100% in. Dragons in any interpretation are cool. Imo AoS could use some more dragons divided over more factions. Although I assume this conflicts with fluff?

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Imo AoS could use some more dragons divided over more factions. Although I assume this conflicts with fluff?

Not really, we know there's more dragons than the Draconith out there what with the Ordo Serpentis Black Dragons and Soulblight Zombie Dragons. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kronos said:

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3830.jpeg

I am totally with you. Even if it doesn't look like the above pics it is going to be fully differentiated to CE dragon or the Orruks lettuce.

3 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Not really, we know there's more dragons than the Draconith out there what with the Ordo Serpentis Black Dragons and Soulblight Zombie Dragons. 

IMO Ordo Serpentis will simply disappear and Zombie Dragons are different enough.

I think GW knows that "dragons sell" and will try to put more of them in AoS without bloating the range with a gazillion dragons. As LRL are the successors of the High Elves who had a big connection with dragons, I expect LRL to get dragons at some point. Just not copy and pasted from WFB. They'll look different. Just like most LRL units ressemble HE units without being a 1:1 port of them into AoS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I am totally with you. Even if it doesn't look like the above pics it is going to be fully differentiated to CE dragon or the Orruks lettuce.

I hope so. They can go on any direction: wyverns, wyrn, drake, classic european dragon, sea snakes/dragons, amphiptere... 

Just AoSfy them a bit, give them a copyrightable name and move on.

• Like 2

The Lumineth have a big background of duality/ Ying and Yang theme going on. Reflected by the Twins themselves and the extremes their society has a habit of heading towards. 

Tyrions model will 100% be him with a Dragon of some kind, and I hope smaller dragons with rider accompanying him. There's a lot of small details on the models connecting Tyrion to a large dragon. The World Banner, has Teclis over Celennar and Tyrion over a dragon. 

Judging from the art I would guess the dragons will be a blend of Eastern and western dragons design wise, with some throw back to the High Elves. 

Moreso, I think the Phoenix is being set up as a symbol for the Lumineth as a race, perhaps as a single unit for the Zenith Temple or something else. One of the key themes in their lore is Death and rebirth. The cataclysm they experienced was effectively their old society dieing and being reborn, Eltharion is the same and from what lore we have on the Zenith temple, an Elf ascends and is reborn as something else aka a "ascended being". 

• LOVE IT! 1

I think when I (we, us?) say Dragons we don’t mean DRAGONS, but rather Dragon in aspect, whther they are children of the great Phoenix Ur-Wyrm (or insert whatever Age of Myth Creation GW will create). They don’t have to be “Dragons”.

If Kragnos can be a Not-Beastman , and Ogroids. And Draconith is not an Old One. Then we can have beings and creatures which sit on the boundaries of curiosity. Or even fully a paradox.  But share attributes, Like Charizard…

But Hey, the Real Question is - When Am I getting my Dual Lammasu and Bale Taurus Kit? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

To tell the truth, I unironically love the old noodle dragon design from WHFB. I found it really distinctive against the general morass of generic fantasy dragons out there, and I'd love to see some sort of return to it somewhere in AoS.

Maybe that design is kept for ToW (including a new kit at some point) and AoS goes into a different route to differentiate them?

Noodly Dragons have a quintessential Warhammer Aesthetic to me. I always wondered what the Shard Dragon they had planned would have looked like in mini form. 

IMG_2499.jpeg

Edit - While on the Subject, I also really wanted to see the Arcane Phoenix. 
IMG_2501.jpeg.a3d9f31b12b8e4a6c631ccd348a942fb.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • LOVE IT! 1