Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

Every release just reaffirms my love for ToW. Been eager for Dwarves finally to release and it's nice to see yet more options with the armies of infamy that allow just a little bit more customisation and thematic flavour. For a kitbasher, ToW is quickly becoming my favourite system.

Also, a good few hints in the article to say at least they have more plans for Dwarves in the future, which is good to see that they're scope for the system now isn't just to release a faction and then that's it. I hope at least. 

I feel good times ahead :). Eager to see those Royal Clan Member kitbashes.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Bit of a marketing ramble/article for the Dwarf Arcane Journal. Copy and pasted my paste from the Dwarf thread:

• Runic Tattoos can be taken on Slayers and Doomseekers. They can also be Dogs of War for the Empire.
  • Bugman's Cart 'raises spirits' and Mining Cart is full of blasting charges units can throw out.
  • Miners are important to the Expeditionary Force.
  • Scout Gyrocopters (no bombs but faster) for the Expeditionary Force.
  • Royal Clan don't use black powder but get a bigger rune budget. 
  • Royal Clan Warriors, which they talk about being a minor kitbash of using the hand weapons/shields with on Hammerers.
  • They didn't go a Slayer Cult list because, like Night Goblins, it was 'too obvious' but Ungrim lets you do it (iirc one of the leaks said he makes them Core?)

And the most important bit, they seem to "commit" to releasing it "all" in two months:

Everything you need to make a good Dwarf army will be released over the next couple of months.

Q: If I have a character with an armour value of 6+ mounted
on a chariot with an armour value of 4+, for example, am I
obliged to use the chariot’s armour value?

A: No, you choose whichever armour value is better. However,
allowing for magical armour and other special rules, ‘better’ is
somewhat subjective. Obviously an armour value of 4+ is better
than one of 6+ but there is often more to deciding which armour
to use than just the armour value it offers, many types of magic
armour confer additional bonuses that make them better. Basically,
when the rules say ‘choose’, they are giving you a choice.

Important new update in the ongoing dragonlord saga.

Edited by Sception
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

This was supposed to be for sale but it is not in the selling range yet, right?

TOW DwarfMinis Jul19 Image6

Made to order wave in two weeks times ( as for warcom article)

By the end of August there will be the third wave ( as usual) with all the rest : 8th edition heroes , miners , cannons , solo boxes for gyrocopters ,etc .etc 

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

Made to order wave in two weeks times ( as for warcom article)

By the end of August there will be the third wave ( as usual) with all the rest : 8th edition heroes , miners , cannons , solo boxes for gyrocopters ,etc .etc 

Ok, I was curious about the price, this is one of those old minis that have a special taste. Probably it will be something on the line of 10€ per mini, but just in case...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, petitionercity said:

This isn't new? It was in the last FAQ&errata?

I thought the bit allowing you to use the 'worse' save if you think it's 'better' (ie magic armor with a lower save than the mount but a useful property) was new.

• Like 1

The new plastic set  "Dwarf Lords with shieldbearers" is now temporarily out of stock. Did this also happen with the Bretonnian BSB on Royal Pegasus? All releases with an Arcane Journal  and new mini's sold out in a day.

They really should produce a little bit more for TOW and for Kill Team too. Certainly with the pre-order window of two weeks. 

13 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

The new plastic set  "Dwarf Lords with shieldbearers" is now temporarily out of stock. Did this also happen with the Bretonnian BSB on Royal Pegasus? All releases with an Arcane Journal  and new mini's sold out in a day.

They really should produce a little bit more for TOW and for Kill Team too. Certainly with the pre-order window of two weeks. 

It’s normal at this point ^^ but it lasted past noon this time. The previous times everything was gone before noon.

30 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

When I looked this morning before asking about the ones from the pic I posted it wasn't, but all the resin ones were. And yes, everything Bretonnian-wise was sold out.

the Dwarfs arcane journal contains a scenario versus Orcs : so "no undirect" hints on next faction to be revealed.

TcXsfdxtl7mIcPV1.jpg

Even if the back of the journal showing Dwarfs against WoC

Wriub2K.png

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

the Dwarfs arcane journal contains a scenario versus Orcs : so "no undirect" hints on next faction to be revealed.

TcXsfdxtl7mIcPV1.jpg

Even if the back of the journal showing Dwarfs against WoC

Wriub2K.png

Oh... Sad. The theory is not supported anymore.

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Oh... Sad. The theory is not supported anymore.

Yes , the pattern has been disrupted.

But Valrak rumours pointed to Chaos and High elves to be next factions to be revealed after Dwarfs.

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

Yes , the pattern has been disrupted.

But Valrak rumours pointed to Chaos and High elves to be next factions to be revealed after Dwarfs.

I mean, in the end we know that all of the core faction will get their release, when is always a question of course, but I’m in particularly excited for high elves especially since they had so many gorgeous models that got released during the 8th edition and yet where removed during aos

• Like 2