Warhammer - The Old World

The battalion looks good in theory if you want to start and want the older look.

I honestly might try and pick up half of one if I can find some to split. Bulk out the AoS era sculpts units with models that will be easier to rank up and donโ€™t look to far of aesthetically. ย 

• Like 1

I think the battalion is actually pretty good especially for the price, you can easily make a 1500 point army from it, making one of the chariots a character.ย 

Buy a slaves to darkness spearhead box andย  you have a unit of chosen on foot

Use the new AoS Knights as chosen knigtts

Plus that gives you a 3rd chariot and a character on foot

Taking into account 20% 3rd party discount you can get a 2k army for roughly ยฃ160.ย 

As for the rest of the release I want the dragon, skin wolves and hell cannon and from the MTO I want the mounted sorcerer and a demon prince.ย 

I like building armies using appropriate models from that time (check out my painting blog on here for my 4th/5th edition khorne army).ย 

I've got plenty of stuff for a 6th edition chaos warrior army except the pieces listed above.ย 

I think overall it's a pretty good release, shame there is nothing new but there is room for new stuff in the future.ย 

ย 

• Like 1

So talking to a friend I figured Iโ€™d share the following quote:

โ€

One of the comments on the last FAQ that was "not a balance change" but actually yes, was:

Models armed with shooting weapons can see over the heads of the front ranks when they are shooting at large targets.ย 

Suddenly, those 30 goblin archers in a 6x5 block can all shoot at the dragon/wyvern/chimera...

Combine that with itchy nuisance to reduce thoughness 1D3...

Add evil sun shining to allow rerolling 1s on wounds and provide AP1 in area...ย 

We got a dangerous combination. Can be used in stand and shoot too.ย 

This can be applied to any other cheap shooting unit in other armies. Combine it with other magic flavors other than whaaagh magic.ย 

Not easy to pull up, but powerful and fun.โ€

it may not be unknown but I thought sharing it might be worth it, as I have read the faq slightly but havenโ€™t really noticed that

And in the end shared knowldge is better then keeping it for yourself

• Like 1

I don't know if this hadn't been shared before?

Interview with cubicle7 staff about the new Old World RPG as well as ongoing plans for 4th edition wfrp.ย 

Really lovely to have these insights and I wish GW allowed its own staff to do this!

ย 

(Edit relevant fantasy timestamps are

12:02 - theme versus feel in rpgs

20:41 - the enemy within campaignย 

31:24 - Lustria (for wfrp4e)

33:36 - modernizing Warhammerย 

42:45 - the future of wfrp4e

47:55 - the old world

54:55 - accessibility and changes in the RPG marketย 

The whole discussion is very good!)

ย 

ย 

Edited by petitionercity
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, petitionercity said:

I don't know if this hadn't been shared before?

Interview with cubicle7 staff about the new Old World RPG as well as ongoing plans for 4th edition wfrp.ย 

Really lovely to have these insights and I wish GW allowed its own staff to do this!

ย 

(Edit relevant fantasy timestamps are

12:02 - theme versus feel in rpgs

20:41 - the enemy within campaignย 

31:24 - Lustria (for wfrp4e)

33:36 - modernizing Warhammerย 

42:45 - the future of wfrp4e

47:55 - the old world

54:55 - accessibility and changes in the RPG marketย 

The whole discussion is very good!)

ย 

ย 

I think it hasnโ€™t so thank you for sharing.

actually it sounds incredible interesting.

the current edition of the roleplaying game is already quit amazing

• Like 1

Now that you share that I wanted to share a channel that is doing awesome work with WHB/ ToW. It is in Spanish, but I think seeing some of its work could still be very inspiring. IMO he does the best battlereports in terms of quality. Even better than the GW ones.

And all the lore videos are suuuuper good, with insane research so everything is as accurate as possible. Also, his voice is 10/10.

The cons, classic WHFB AoS hater, but I drop some stuff for you to get an idea:

Battlereport. He only did one so far, but it is recording more.

Lachenbad board for the Battlereport:

image.png.944acc68e16992e931e9d4018c7a62b0.png

And some of the stuff he is currently working on for more battlerports:

Rogers | Here we go!! Naggarond on the way! #warhammer #darkelves #wargames #wargamesterrain #terrain #scenery #wargamesscenery #druchii #towโ€ฆ | Instagram

1.jpeg.d669a37884e180fbf5435401f266ea04.jpeg

2.jpeg.5a7a0b65d3c3da4bfaa7bb4d13ffe053.jpeg

ย 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

La Posada del Martillo is a top quality channel.ย 

La Batalla a las Puertas de Kislev (aka, the battle at the Kislev's gates) was one of the craziest games I've ever seen, and there is a "documental" about that game too.

Sadly, Roger is one of that guys that tries to push away anything from AoS/End Times, and that makes some of his arguments a bit teddious to follow.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/13/2024 at 1:00 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

So talking to a friend I figured Iโ€™d share the following quote:

โ€

One of the comments on the last FAQ that was "not a balance change" but actually yes, was:

Models armed with shooting weapons can see over the heads of the front ranks when they are shooting at large targets.ย 

Suddenly, those 30 goblin archers in a 6x5 block can all shoot at the dragon/wyvern/chimera...

Combine that with itchy nuisance to reduce thoughness 1D3...

Add evil sun shining to allow rerolling 1s on wounds and provide AP1 in area...ย 

We got a dangerous combination. Can be used in stand and shoot too.ย 

This can be applied to any other cheap shooting unit in other armies. Combine it with other magic flavors other than whaaagh magic.ย 

Not easy to pull up, but powerful and fun.โ€

it may not be unknown but I thought sharing it might be worth it, as I have read the faq slightly but havenโ€™t really noticed that

And in the end shared knowldge is better then keeping it for yourself

Huge block of khemri archers, magic item that adds poison attacks, spell to reroll 1s.

Itโ€˜s close to broken. Imo the always hitting on 5s makes the khemri archers elite since even my DE usually only hit on 5s or 6s (long range, multishot, moved, cover). A fact thatโ€™s not been considered in their points.

Managed to win by 200 pts on friday! The Archer block was though and removed a unit a turn (list my 10 shades to them :/)

Still a great game!

ย 

IMG_1592.jpeg

IMG_1593.jpeg

IMG_1594.jpeg

IMG_1595.jpeg
ย 

Happenings after the last image: Bleakswords and Assassin charged the Snake Knights and destroyed them, overrunning into the skeleton skirmishers on foot. The bleakswords rolled a 4 failing to reach the big archer block. Sphinx flank charged my Lord on chariot but crumbled due to CR since all skirmishers were annihalated.

One block of Witch elves was reduced to 1 model by the melee skellies but they killed the necrotect and almost killed the bsb. one unit of Dark riders fled and the last witch fled.

Final score: 800:600 for me

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2