Hurricanum converion ideas

Yondaime

If you are not insisting on the Skycutter itself, and instead are ok with kitbashing it, I believe few years ago some company came up with 3D printed fantasy scenery and buildings.

And If my memory serves me right, there was a pretty nice looking (kinda Tolkien LotR-esque) elven ship amongst those files.  Unfortunately this brain of mine cant for recall what the company was called, but I think with a little googling you might be able to find it. 

Getting the birds is easy help. Instead of buying the expensive GW sculpts you can go to any toy store that has rubber animals and find some nice looking falcon/eagle/hawk and kitbash it together. Should look pretty good after applying the paint job and be definitely cheaper than 160 bucks :D 

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 1

For some less expensive OOP options... You could build up one of the old high elf chariots and maybe top it with one of the Middle Earth eagles, painted in a phoenix manner, or kitbash it with the (also OOP, sadly) Empire war altar, which has a nifty gryphon statue. You could probably find the high elf prince on gryphon model from Island of Blood out there for not TOO much, too.  

Sorry, a lot of OOP things come to mind. Maybe could get the box of Middle Earth eagles (comes with two, I think), and have a wizard on some sort of platform (chariot of some sort, gunhauler, open top steam tank...) under them. So many options for it! One of the coolest conversion opportunities in the army.