New Selling fast section

Icegoat

I would really like to know if this new section is for stuff that's actually selling well or stuff GW is just under producing.

I mean it makes for very interesting reading currently 6 of the kits selling fast and running low in stock are human empire figures. The only others for AOS are the gaunt summoner saurus and gotrek three overpowered units. Oh and the arachnok.

The fact that the human empire sets sell so well is not surprising the fact they continue to be out of stock half the time is though. Is GW creating the inflated demand by under producing these sets because they are old? Or is that the sets are still there best selling sets in the range and that's why we havent got them updated? Why update models your making massive profits out of? 

It's a really weird new section to have on the website and I'll be interested to see what else pops up on their in the future.

Probably underproducing since the AoS store page still has it's Bestsellers as all the new chaos stuff, Wrath of Everchosen book and the new heroes which none have made it to that page.

Though I don't see Gotrek on the US site's fast selling, he's only on the lower parts of the AoS best selling list. Edit: scratch that, he's there, my phone just didn't load properly.

It's likely their way of warning players some of those things are going away eventually like with the Black Fortress stuff and Freeguilders so they're gonna keep hitting temporarily out of stock soon as they allocate resources to newer & more popular sets before the outdated stuff is discontinued sometime later. Thus why the filter has it under "limited".

Bit more preparation than last year's Greenskinz & Asur sudden clear-outs.

Edited by Baron Klatz

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

Yeah it's definitely a lack of supply, which is caused by a combination of the kits selling well and the production being limited. The factory is still not operating at full capacity. 

^ this :)  Seems to just be a way of collecting together a lot of the stock they're forecasting there will be an issue with.

While some of them are the older kits and we have had a few quick vanishing kits as of late, but  leans towards production limits and stock .  The production capacity is already hard to get to optimal point with just a machinery update  let alone when you are restricted on personal distance, using only remote tools, diminishing multiple personal touching materials ect. it'll probably be a while  before capacity is back  up. Coupling this with what I would assume is prioritizing new releases; this is probably more a we don't know when/if we will have a stock of these finished goods, as I doubt  kits like the Intercessors will be getting canned.   Now does  that mean some of these kits won't be cut as long term plans change no nut a few such as the saurus warriors would of been better replaced months ago rather then after releasing a new army book

GW is its own weird entity in that they are a global company doing what they can to balance global wide supply based on demand which also ties into popularity and effectiveness and this ebbs and flows.  It isn't like making sure the latest wave of Darth Vadar potato heads are in stock and then gone being replaced 18 months later by the next popular "thing".  Sure in a sense they have that but Disney isn't producing toys they made 17 years ago for regular stock.

Beasts of Chaos have long been popular and never really been dominant.  Their aesthetic makes them appealing.  How do you make sure you you have enough global stock for it to be available as a core product for casual gamers and yet deal with any spikes?

I would look at GWs moves currently as how can they keep profits stable, how can they keep supply sensible and how can they attract sales/customers based on several issues.  "Keep your eye on the donut, not the donut hole" - David Lynch.