Ranald / Loec / Prince of Cats themed army seeks proxying / list building help

Lord of the Isle

After many adventures on eBay I have what I'm convinced is a cool and battle worthy Cities army. I'd just like help fine-tuning exactly how!

HEROES

The Tzarina of Kislev, or, alternatively, an old Witch Elf heroine, mounted on a (smallish but ferocious looking) Manticore.

Presumably a Freeguild General on a Griffon or a Supreme Sorceress on a Black Dragon. Thematically feels like should be general but tactically suppose need not be.

High Elf Korhil model, probably a Fleetmaster.

Old Corsair, possible alternative Fleetmaster.

Old Izzy von Carstein, Darkling Sorceress.

Dark Elf Assassin (phew an easy one)

Arabyan Wizard on Carpet - Battlemage on Hurricanum / Luminark? Have ideas to bulk him out a bit which will be included below.

Endless options for Nomad Princes, Anointeds, Generals on foot or Battlemages.

REGIMENTS

(fairly straightforward ones first)

16 Freeguild Crossbowmen. No command group as yet though could probably coopt one from elsewhere.

11 Shadow Warriors, several options for their Walker.

10 Corsairs with handbows, including command group.

10 Darkshards. No command group.

5 6th ed Bretonnian Questing Knights plus Dogs of War Merc General. Musician, standard bearer to be converted / added asap. Going to count as Mercenary Blood Knights.

(more ambiguous)

10 Doomfire Warlocks. I got these because I love their models and background. Lorewise they will be escaped rebels. Ruleswise, could be Sisters of the Thorn, Pistoliers or Outriders. Could be two units. No command

15 cloaked, mostly human, mostly dual wielding miscellaneous models (also includes a panther). Am currently thinking Corsairs with blades but could also be something Freeguild? Command group could be converted / improvised

18 miscellaneous humans, some dual wielding, some with a single weapon. Combat Freeguild of some kind? Command group also feasible

(I am slightly reluctant to combine two above items as they rock quite different aesthetics but will hear out advice)

10 humans dual wielding with pistols. Could be Handgunners or Guard? Could if necessary meld in with the 18?

10 Swordmasters of Hoeth, command group. Could be executioners or wildwood rangers?

16 miscellaneous models, mostly human with smattering of elves, wielding double handed weapons. Command group feasible. Would look weird combined with the Swordsmasters. Greatswords? Rangers? More execs?

6 humans armed with large blackpowder weapons, 6 bowmen, champion options within each group. Make them all handgunners  or archers? Sisters of the Watch?! Meld them with pistol wielders on foot?

(really out there)

Eleven Clan Eshin skaven including a leader.

Mordheim Ogre bodyguard.

Winged nightmare. 

Options here include: 

Make the Skaven my City's secret ally for long term nefarious reasons of their own and count them as more Shadow Warriors

Convert up the Ogor, the Skaven and or the nightmare into some weird Scourgerunner Chariot proxy

Put aforementioned Witch Elf or Tzarina? on nightmare and count as Phoenix!

Use Ogre and nightmare to pimp up Hurricanum / Luminark concept above

Phew that's it. Still far from sure which city rules to use as I suppose it depends on what decisions I make about proxying. Backgroundwise they're their own thing, lost and godless mercs.

EDIT: Am open to literally any other ideas, including counts as for Kharadron or Sylvaneth - though I'd need some persuading to include Stormcast beyond possibly the odd solo hero, their lore size makes it feel off

Edited by Lord of the Isle

On 9/25/2020 at 6:51 AM, Lord of the Isle said:

Arabyan Wizard on Carpet - Battlemage on Hurricanum / Luminark? Have ideas to bulk him out a bit which will be included below.

Can you post a photo of the guy on the carpet?  I don't recall this model.  I think CoS allows for people with older armies to be used and proxied as current warscrolls.  It's a good bridging book and it's a good book in general.

I use Tzarina as a Sister of the Thorn hero.  Just painted her to match.

• Like 1

Have since acquired old Neferata and cat, 6th ed mounted Lahmian and Bretonnian chess rook mounted hero ... more Darkling / Blood Knight options...

might also be worth adding the theme is going to be along the lines of the old trickster gods, aelven Loec and human Ranald, with new Prince of Cats lore mixed in

Edited by Lord of the Isle