Noticed some threads and a friend is missing...

Baron Klatz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

just an update on this as it was myself that dealt with it  

@xking spammed the site with Warhammer wiki links in every faction chat. 

A bunch of spam requests came in and without looking into it too much (other than seeing the same link over and over and a “spammy” type user name) I marked the account as spam  

Default treatment by the system is a ban and deletion of all content.  

It was me who flagged this after seeing dozens of reports, and after a quick check seeing pages of copy and paste link posts.  

Unfortunately this means the 1700 or so previous posts and threads are now gone and unretrievable.  

It's the only time a regular member has been flagged as a spammer because no member has ever spammed like this, usually its just a single post to removed and is dealt with by hiding the post until it can be looked at by mods. 

Along with a spammy looking username (sorry! it is!!!) I didn't notice at first glance and acted how we usually do in spam attack situation. I had no idea that action was a hard delete and not reversible.  

I've lifted the ban but unfortunately can’t reverse the delete.  

I also wondered what happened. I think I also killed the thread were Lexicanum and the Age of Sigmar Fandom Wiki searched for help.

56 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Misbehaving user. The account wasn’t compromised and all links were for another AOS site

I think you mean those links to Book Reviews, because those are Threads I at least remembered in such a case.

Edited by EMMachine

15 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

I also wondered what happened. I think I also killed the thread were Lexicanum and the Age of Sigmar Fandom Wiki searched for help.

I think you mean those links to Book Reviews, because those are Threads I at least remembered in such a case.

From memory it was a slew of links to the Lexicanum looking for help. 10-20 posts appearing all within a few moments all the same message in different threads with the link. Basically exactly what we'd see from a spambot (only it would more likely be a copy-pasted message with the link not heading to lexicanum but to somewhere else - even if they'd made the auto-text appear to link to a "legit" website). 

Which also meant when the users profile was quick-viewed all their recent activity was those links.