Stormbringer - Age of Sigmar partworks from Hachette info thread

EonChao

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Not necessarily. How is this working in the UK, collectables never overlap? In here we have overlaps between them and Imperium and Stormbringer overlapped longer than usual with their issues increasing.

Usually not by much. You want to transfer customers by balancing the overlap whilst they're still interested but not long enough to make them think it's too expensive to have two subscriptions at once. So a month is about to be expected.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Can't wait for the AoS to come in 3 years with cheap skaven

Don't expect it to be as good as other years. If the pattern continues you will only get the spearhead and another unit or two as max.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't expect it to be as good as other years. If the pattern continues you will only get the spearhead and another unit or two as max.

Im happy with cheap clanrats in order to get to 200 new clanrats, tbh

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2024 at 5:00 PM, Ejecutor said:

For those not as obsessive as me and others, they've apparently changed the contents of the Chaos Space Marine, Astra Militarum and Aeldari forces (for the better).

Chaos Space Marines have had the Master of Possession swapped for a squad of Chaos Terminators

Astra Militarum have had the Commissar swapped for a Heavy Weapons Squad

Aeldari have had the Autarch swapped for a squad of Wraithguard

Which honestly makes the magazine much better imho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It will be interesting to see if they actually keep the contents as shown here, as opposed to tweaking it to reflect the newer Combat Patrol boxes. If they keep it as shown then it will actually work even better as an entry point for the armies as you could combine the contents of the magazine with whatever the new Combat Patrol contains for more variety starting an army. 

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Seeing what happened with the Ardboys, I would expect more changes.

I mean they've not changed the Orks, Genestealer Cults or Chaos Space Marine ones to match those changes. I think the main difference here between the ArdBoyz and these is just that the old ArdBoyz sprue was completely replaced and didn't have the parts to build the unit as represented in the rules anymore. I can't see any of these kits being replaced during 10th ed, most of them are pretty new.

11 hours ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Just ordered 2 copies of the Ardboys issue #73, can't say no at that price!

I went for 1 Megaboss/2 Warchanters/3 Ardboyz - very cost effective way to get into the faction! 

On 6/21/2024 at 12:57 AM, ArcLight said:

I went for 1 Megaboss/2 Warchanters/3 Ardboyz - very cost effective way to get into the faction! 

I only went with one Warchanter. He's just to distinctive to have multiples on an army imho.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

I only went with one Warchanter. He's just to distinctive to have multiples on an army imho.

I'm planning to convert one to a Weirdnob Shaman and then hoping the eventually Spearhead will come with the Ardboy Big Boss for maximum variety. You're not wrong though. 

2 hours ago, ArcLight said:

I'm planning to convert one to a Weirdnob Shaman and then hoping the eventually Spearhead will come with the Ardboy Big Boss for maximum variety. You're not wrong though. 

I wish I had Morgok's Krushas: the duel mace guy from that child name a great Warchanter conversion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Which issue is the current one in the UK? It doesn't have to take long until the 73 is the active one, right?

I think it's issue 70 (Ironjawz Underworlds models) this week.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EonChao said:

I think it's issue 70 (Ironjawz Underworlds models) this week.

I think I worked out that an issue appears in the shops (WHSmith) 7 days before the release date as listed on Forbidden Planet, if that helps.