I'm waiting to see if/what we might see in regards to Warmachines. I really want a cannon of some type. In general, AoS could do with a lot more actual Warmachines. There is a distinct lack of them across all factions, where are the trebuchets, catapults, onagers, canons and siege machines? If we see an expansion in 4th let it be something Siege/Warmachine related (Which would fit if Skaven are the primary antagonists

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

I'm waiting to see if/what we might see in regards to Warmachines. I really want a cannon of some type. In general, AoS could do with a lot more actual Warmachines. There is a distinct lack of them across all factions, where are the trebuchets, catapults, onagers, canons and siege machines? If we see an expansion in 4th let it be something Siege/Warmachine related (Which would fit if Skaven are the primary antagonists

That's something that I really want to see. Monsters have Monstruous Rampage and Heroes have Look Out Sir and Heroic Actions (plus a lot of keywords like Mage, Priest, etc...).

It could be really good to have something like that for Cavalry/ Chariots and Warmachines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

The Mortal Realms have so much magic flying about that it seems magic has made technology redundant, unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's something that I really want to see. Monsters have Monstruous Rampage and Heroes have Look Out Sir and Heroic Actions (plus a lot of keywords like Mage, Priest, etc...).

It could be really good to have something like that for Cavalry/ Chariots and Warmachines.

The big problem with giving war machines a special function like monsters or heroes is that basically only Cities, Kharadron and Skaven get access to war machines in any real capacity.

I would be in favour of giving them a small side grade rule that gives them more character, though. Something like they use a different mechanism for contesting points or something.

26 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The big problem with giving war machines a special function like monsters or heroes is that basically only Cities, Kharadron and Skaven get access to war machines in any real capacity.

To be fair, KOs don't have any Mage, nor Priest, nor Monster, and We can still play the game without to much problem. Just give Warmachines something cool and fun to play with!

Edited by Beliman

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

To be fair, KOs don't have any Mage, nor Priest, nor Monster, and We can still play the game without too much problem. Just give Warmachines something cool and fun to play with!

Sons of Behemat, KO and Khorne are outliers, of course. Anything that focusses on certain unit types will be hard on them. I support KO getting some kind of cool monster, for what it's worth.

5 minutes ago, Hollow said:

But there is no reason why those aforementioned factions can't have Warmachines. There is a million ideas and thousands of different Warmachine types.

I'd like to see it, but I also recognize it is more of a committment for GW to actually put out those models than to say "btw, Cygors are priests now".

For now, I will be happy if Cities get another cool war machine besides the Steam Tank and Gyrocopters. Some kind of mid-sized land vehicle would be my favourite.

31 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would be in favour of giving them a small side grade rule that gives them more character, though. Something like they use a different mechanism for contesting points or something.

What if for 4th edition instead of a book and a hero, each faction got a book and an artillery piece? Doomdivers for gits, a lava cannon for Fyreslayers etc. You could even have a sons of Behemoth gargant who loves throwing things so much they count as artillery. 

For cities to stay more or less on topic, we do know that a bombard is coming. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some smaller artillery pieces to accompany it. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Chikout said:

What if for 4th edition instead of a book and a hero, each faction got a book and an artillery piece? Doomdivers for gits, a lava cannon for Fyreslayers etc. You could even have a sons of Behemoth gargant who loves throwing things so much they count as artillery. 

Exactly. There are multiple factions that will most likely be looking at a single kit update in 4th edition. I would much rather see that slot go to bulking out options other than heroes. 

3 hours ago, Hollow said:

I'm waiting to see if/what we might see in regards to Warmachines. I really want a cannon of some type. In general, AoS could do with a lot more actual Warmachines. 

Whitefang hinted at a cannon here, and elsewhere he said to expect whacky gunpowder contraptions. I think we haven't seen a lot of this yet, apart from the sniper musket on the Ogor warhulk.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

5 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Whitefang hinted at a cannon here, and elsewhere he said to expect whacky gunpowder contraptions. I think we haven't seen a lot of this yet, apart from the sniper musket on the Ogor warhulk.

Considering that hero i'd say some ranged unit and artillery should have already been confirmed.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Considering that hero i'd say some ranged unit and artillery should have already been confirmed.

Feels like they split the release in half. We got most of the melee options already in that first box.

Next wave will be the range units and cannons.

5 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

Feels like they split the release in half. We got most of the melee options already in that first box.

Next wave will be the range units and cannons.

also seems like there is likely a more religious slew of models to come too between possible flagellants, sisters, and whatever the cult of the wheel is.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Sons of Behemat, KO and Khorne are outliers, of course. Anything that focusses on certain unit types will be hard on them. I support KO getting some kind of cool monster, for what it's worth.

Me too, I wouldn't mind a tamed harkrakkens or something like that. But I would like to see some roles expanded without being aunto-includes.

Monsters having an ability to take down terrain is something that other, more powerful units, don't have, and that makes all monsters good enough in some circumstances, even if they are not that good at killing units.

That's exactly what I would like to see for cavalry/ chariots and warmachines.

Now that the Army Set reveals have settled in for me... I have some baseless predictions!

Launch Set coming up for pre-order all the way from end of July to beginning of September (end of July based on Seraphon schedule, September based on them wanting to keep most of the rest of Cities for Nova)

Rest of the range:

• Freeguild Fusiliers (based on render and Fusil-Major)
  • Freeguild Veterans/Heavies (based on big two-handed halberd render and allusions to more fancy infantry from Cavaliers reveal during the show)
  • War Altar (based on renders from religion article (surprisingly not for Tahlia Vedra), Whitefang)
  • Freeguild Artillery/Big Cannon (based on Whitefang)
  • Freeguild Junior Officer (Character quota)
  • Warpriest (Character quota)
  • Witch Hunter (Character quota)
  • Bonus surprise out of nowhere really cool big Steam Vehicle/Steam Tank upgrade sprue
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Now that the Army Set reveals have settled in for me... I have some baseless predictions!

Launch Set coming up for pre-order all the way from end of July to beginning of September (end of July based on Seraphon schedule, September based on them wanting to keep most of the rest of Cities for Nova)

Rest of the range:

• Freeguild Fusiliers (based on render and Fusil-Major)
  • Freeguild Veterans/Heavies (based on big two-handed halberd render and allusions to more fancy infantry from Cavaliers reveal during the show)
  • War Altar (based on renders from religion article (surprisingly not for Tahlia Vedra), Whitefang)
  • Freeguild Artillery/Big Cannon (based on Whitefang)
  • Freeguild Junior Officer (Character quota)
  • Warpriest (Character quota)
  • Witch Hunter (Character quota)
  • Bonus surprise out of nowhere really cool big Steam Vehicle/Steam Tank upgrade sprue

Could the witch hunters be calis and toll
20230709_223813.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/09/sunday-preview-starter-sets-for-gamers-and-painters/

"Next week on Warhammer Community we’ll have a cracking reveal of new miniatures for the Cities of Sigmar"

Yipeee !

Since this says miniatures, I hope it's Handgunners. Or Elites I guess. I hope it's not the Cannon, because I think that would mean that the crew is on separate bases, which is always really fiddly.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Since this says miniatures, I hope it's Handgunners. Or Elites I guess. I hope it's not the Cannon, because I think that would mean that the crew is on separate bases, which is always really fiddly.

Apart from the Celestar Ballista I don't think we've had a modern GW artillery kit with separately based crew. Imo cannon will probably look like the Field Ordnance Battery.

99120105104_AMFieldOrdnanceBattery01.jpg

• Like 1