Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

Overread

2 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Ah, damn. So, the way I’m reading it is that even if you make them re-roll, they can still add a primal dice to it, and if that primal dice is a 6 or makes a double, it doesn’t matter? So the unit is basically pointless now? That’s my fancy jank up in smoke 😅

EDIT: maybe that’s a bit hasty, if there isn’t always Primal dice around it still has a niche?

This is not how I "read" this situation at all. 

Any initial roll with a 6 is highly likely to succeed, meaning she will likely force it to be rerolled, making primal super-casts less likely.  

By the same token, that's more chances for a 1 in their initial roll (as they're unlikely to have to reroll these as successful).

While her ability doesn't interact with primal dice directly, I think its still super valuable. 

Edited by KrispyXIV
  • Like 1

I don't see this particular faq? 

What I want to know (and if i'm misunderstanding something here, please point it out) is if we cause a unit to reroll due to enrapturess, can that unit add primal dice? The one FAQ about ability triggers is about certain dice (doubles or a number is a 6) and not about forced rerolls. 

Thats the thing I want to clarify on.

11 hours ago, Carnith said:

I don't see this particular faq? 

What I want to know (and if i'm misunderstanding something here, please point it out) is if we cause a unit to reroll due to enrapturess, can that unit add primal dice? The one FAQ about ability triggers is about certain dice (doubles or a number is a 6) and not about forced rerolls. 

Thats the thing I want to clarify on.

It s not in the faq, it s in the realm rules for primal magic in the ghb.

"If you choose to use an ability to re-roll a casting, unbinding or dispelling roll, you cannot use primal magic dice"

Since the enrapturess ability is a re roll not chosen by the caster, he can use primal dice after the re-roll

Right I get that point is the current contention. I wish GW answers this question. I feel that any reroll should disallow primal dice. It's not like the enrapturess will suddenly become taken, shes only a 5 wound 5+ hero who would get blasted immediately. 

11 hours ago, Carnith said:

shes only a 5 wound 5+ hero who would get blasted immediately.

Mhmm not right away as long she is in "look out Sir" Range.

i think she is okay, but maybe a Shardspeaker is more 'Cool' now, because with the Primal Dice he/she will life much longer much better.

I will test the follwoing List :

Spoiler

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Pretenders
- Mortal Realm: Ulgu
- Grand Strategy: glutton for Depravaty
Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Contorted Epitome (210)**
-
 Universal Spell Lore: Hoarfrost
Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (130)**
-
 Lore of the Magnificent: Born of Damnation
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (340)*
Lord of Pain (140)*
-
 General - Command Trait: Eye the Blizzard
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)(nur MysticShield und Arcane Bolt)

Battleline
22 x Blissbarb Archers (320)*
-
 Reinforced x 1
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (150)*
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (150)*

Units
5 x Blissbarb Seekers (210)*
5 x Slickblade Seekers (210)*

Endless Spells & Invocations
Mesmerising Mirror (60)
Giminids of Uhl-Gyhs (50)

Flamming Skull (30)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Andotorion Acolyths

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 119
Drops: 3

In a fit of appropriately Slaaneshesque orgiastic madness I've gone and bought myself two boxes of Slaangor Fiendbloods. Really, I just want to paint the horny great geezers! 

Hmm. Slaaneshesque is fun to say, isn't it? 

I've also treated myself to a new Chariot/Hellflayer kit. I'm thinking that I'll be assembling it as a Hellflayer, just because I love the whole mowing-down-limbs-for-Slaanesh's-garden idea. 

Strategy, schmategy. I'm a Hedonite. If it feels good, it doesn't matter if I win the battle or not. 

Edited by Big Kim Woof-Woof
  • Like 1

I've not played Slaanesh in a couple of months but I seem to have missed the nerf to Phantasmagoria that makes it way, way worse. I hate spells that require you to roll a die after you've already successfully cast the spell, and now we've only got a 66% chance of the spell we just cast doing anything? Just up the CV if you want a spell to be less reliable. 

Edited by LeonBox

6 hours ago, LeonBox said:

I've not played Slaanesh in a couple of months but I seem to have missed the nerf to Phantasmagoria that makes it way, way worse. I hate spells that require you to roll a die after you've already successfully cast the spell, and now we've only got a 66% chance of the spell we just cast doing anything? Just up the CV if you want a spell to be less reliable. 

There was absolutely no reason to nerf the spell like they did. I am sorry

22 hours ago, LeonBox said:

I hate spells that require you to roll a die after you've already successfully cast the spell, and now we've only got a 66% chance of the spell we just cast doing anything? Just up the CV if you want a spell to be less reliable. 

hej its not cool. But too be fair i think GW just want right from the start that u put multipel Units in One Enemy. So now put 2or3 Units in 1 Enemy and save 1 or 2. I think its fair enough (when i remember right i never used the Speel (but i always take it)

2 hours ago, ibel said:

hej its not cool. But too be fair i think GW just want right from the start that u put multipel Units in One Enemy. So now put 2or3 Units in 1 Enemy and save 1 or 2. I think its fair enough (when i remember right i never used the Speel (but i always take it)

Nope, you can only roll one die and on a 3+ you can retreat one unit. You don't get multiple bites of the cherry. It's a trash-tier spell now that you'd never take over Born of Damnation. 

35 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

Nope, you can only roll one die and on a 3+ you can retreat one unit.

ahhhh... okay thats not so good. mhmm... 

I always take both but okay jes. Now HaolderingFrost (or how it call) is much better. Mhmm okay. know its shittie jes

Your opponent still has to consider that if they activate a unit affected by Phantasmagoria, there's a 66% chance their target just walks away.  

Unless its their only remaining choice of unit to fight with, that's a huge risk for them.  

Phantasmagoria went from Absolute Protection to a 'soft' target unit fights last among enemy units - yeah, its a nerf, but its hardly unplayable.

Your opponent has to consider that they're more likely to "fail" the roll than they are to "succeed" on it.

Edited by KrispyXIV
  • Like 1

Yeah, I dunno, this seems like a fairly reasonable change to me, the guaranteed walk-out was prime feel-bad territory a lot of the time, even if it was fun.  Just treat it like a mini-Belakor effect, I guess.  Also, because the effect is weaker it might well slip under your opponents radar on what to burn their primal dispels into, I imagine we're going to be seeing a lot of key spells not be permitted to cast this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrispyXIV said:

Your opponent still has to consider that if they activate a unit affected by Phantasmagoria, there's a 66% chance their target just walks away.  

Unless its their only remaining choice of unit to fight with, that's a huge risk for them.  

Phantasmagoria went from Absolute Protection to a 'soft' target unit fights last among enemy units - yeah, its a nerf, but its hardly unplayable.

Your opponent has to consider that they're more likely to "fail" the roll than they are to "succeed" on it.

I may have overreacted with "trash tier" -- it's still only CV5 -- but as stated, I loathe spells that require a further dice roll. I already cast the spell and didn't get it unbound. Just let me have the damn effect of the spell. If it's too powerful as is, up the casting value, which in essence does the same thing but without nonsensical extra dice rolls. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2023 at 12:30 AM, LeonBox said:

I may have overreacted with "trash tier" -- it's still only CV5 -- but as stated, I loathe spells that require a further dice roll. I already cast the spell and didn't get it unbound. Just let me have the damn effect of the spell. If it's too powerful as is, up the casting value, which in essence does the same thing but without nonsensical extra dice rolls. 

Wholehearted agreement. It's just.... fiddly.

I dislike 'fiddly' intensely. I like a game with wallop. Endless dice rolling and nit-picking over the results should be the territory of roleplay gaming, I feel. Let's have a game that has a bit of bosh in it! I'd much rather having some spells that have a high casting value but actually deliver something epic rather than all these piddly little spells that scarcely matter in the end. 

Maybe that's just me and my visceral playing style... 

Edited by Big Kim Woof-Woof
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, pixieproxy said:

Anyone know why Sigvald is shown as sold out online?

For which country? He s available in the USA. I would n t read anything into it. Models show sold out all the time when they have no stock in their warehouse and then become available again 

I was leafing through the Slaves to Darkness book yesterday (it's alright as a light read, but has nothing on our lovely Hedonites book). There's a passage that states that Slaanesh will be in Archaon's debt for the breaking of one of his chains.

As if. Archaon is a big jessie who Slaanesh will gobble up like a mildly-interesting new flavour of Cornetto. 

I've been round long enough to remember a time before Archaon, Lord of the Wet Blanket, turned up. I can remember the release of his original model which no-one bought. Slaanesh will pop this pointless little dweeb like a pimple.

Right! So I recently started a Hedonites army and I want to know where to go from here:

1 Keeper
5 Slickblade Seekers
11 Blisbarb Archers
20 Demonettes
5 Seekers
5 Hellstriders
1 Lord of Pain
1 Infernal Enrapturess
1 Shardspeaker

(And 3 Slaangor but... yeah)

Now I know probably should be looking at more Archers and Mortal Seekers, the LGS near me also has a cheap Dexcessa/Synessa kit. Thoughts?

Synessa is a kinda fun support piece with some tricks, but still not really very good.  Dexcessa remains almost totally useless, unfortunately.

The boring answer is more archers, they are comically efficient, but that depends how competitive your games tend to be.  I try not to run more than 2 squads in casual games, and even that can sometimes feel a little oppressive.

Both Glutos and Sigvald can be pretty fun options, and you'll definitely want a Contorted Epitome. I personally quite like a min squad of Twinsouls as a weird mini-anvil with some damage.  The new book buffed a lot of the base stats on the units, so there aren't too many real stinkers necessarily, it's just that the army rules demand that you play in a very specific way which results in the Seekers and archers spam builds.

1 hour ago, pixieproxy said:

Right! So I recently started a Hedonites army and I want to know where to go from here:

1 Keeper
5 Slickblade Seekers
11 Blisbarb Archers
20 Demonettes
5 Seekers
5 Hellstriders
1 Lord of Pain
1 Infernal Enrapturess
1 Shardspeaker

(And 3 Slaangor but... yeah)

Now I know probably should be looking at more Archers and Mortal Seekers, the LGS near me also has a cheap Dexcessa/Synessa kit. Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with Slaangor now a days.  Attack twice is very powerful and they can be a nice cheap hammer.

What to add.  Blissbarb Seekers are the most obvious.  Contorted Epitome is great in the new ghb.  Twinsouls, as mentioned about, are also rock solid.

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2023 at 2:04 PM, 5kaven5lave said:

Now we’ve all had a few games, are people still taking The Masque?

She was the first one to go out of my list after the summer point increase. She s good but everything is too expensive in that army. It s like we re still paying a.hefty tax for summoning but I d argue we are the faction that can summon the least amongst the ones that have access to it. Hopefully we see some point decrease in the upcoming september battlescroll but I doubt it.  If we do I ll look at bringing her back in

On 8/26/2023 at 9:04 PM, 5kaven5lave said:

Now we’ve all had a few games, are people still taking The Masque?

Hey. She is quite good, but at the Moment i often Play with Shardspeaker instead because he/she bring me the littel DP Points i often strugel with...