Cities of Sigmar Hobby & Lore 2: Dawnbringer Boogaloo

Neil Arthur Hotep

I am finally getting around to painting a Fusil-Major. Did you guys notice that his gun os actually not just an Empire-style musket, but instead some kind of high-tech fusil-cannon?

20240912_081747.jpg.ef8399ae73fdabffcd5a5bdf79c2e4c3.jpg

At first glance it is a rifle with a long barrel. But if you look closer, the part with the handle in the center is a removable fusil-cannon, sort of a miniature version of the loading mechanism of the Ironweld cannon. Much like the cannon uses pre-packed charges and cannonballs, the Fusil-Major has a bandolier of shells for this gun around his chest. Instead of lighting it manually with a piece of wick, this gun has a matchlock mechanism doing the same automatic with the pull of the trigger. The gun also doesn't have a normal stock, but instead a shortened variant of the fusil-cannon's staff. Pretty fun details!

20240912_081713.jpg.62f38093b590f7301735f4552b0340a1.jpg

I also kitbashed the leftover parts into an alternate Fusilier champion. This guy is supposed to be a range finder. This gives me some flexibility to run my Fusiliers as 1×20 or 2×10 with it looking weird or confusing regarding which model is the champion.