The "Definitely Happening" Chaos Duardin Discussion

Not much, but I found this excerpt from the 2nd Edition Ossiarch BT while I was reading up on some Shyish lore.

The Null Myriad's greatest challenge in the conquest of Anadiria were the Chaos-worshipping duardin of the Strangler's Peaks. The armies of the duardin were eventually brought to battle on the Fractured Plains, where their infernal magic proved to be ineffective against the Myriad's defences. When the duardin pulled back to the foothills in the hopes of support from their cliffside artillery, they discovered that a small force consisting of several Mortisan Tridents had infiltrated the mountains, scavenged bone from the lairs of local Ghodrine Rocs, and used it to create a force of Necropolis Stalkers that had slaughtered their way through the artillery crews and had then proceeded into the tunnels of the duardin holds to continue their bloody work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2024 at 5:37 AM, Asbestress said:

Not much, but I found this excerpt from the 2nd Edition Ossiarch BT while I was reading up on some Shyish lore.

So the chorfs suffered a loss against the Bonereapers, but are confirmed to have magic and enough artillery pieces to feel confident against the army of the super-undead.... I'll take those odds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Fracas said:

Well, if Valrak has made an off-hand comment I think it’s sealed. 

I won’t lie, I may hold onto my piles of hobgrots and horns of hashut for a while longer in case…

I’m definitely keeping my hob-grots and horns close at hand, and may finally decide on a final paint scheme…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Considering the Bloodbowl team reveal Is still the old assyrian look,i think it reinforces the idea that the proper aos release Will mantain the old style like others Legacy armies did.

I don't think the look of the bloodbowl team tells us anything about the AoS army. Those two universes really seem to have very little to do with each other.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't think the look of the bloodbowl team tells us anything about the AoS army. Those two universes really seem to have very little to do with each other.

Regardless we now have plastic chaos dwarfs on the way, let us celebrate by starting new campaigns in total war.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I know they are not related still being a Legacy arm like lizardmen and skaven (and seeing that Horns of Hashut still are Mesopotamian) i don't think they'll change the concept.

Just now, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I know they are not related still being a Legacy arm like lizardmen and skaven (and seeing that Horns of Hashut still are Mesopotamian) i don't think they'll change the concept.

Honestly they should just take the Total War roster, give us a couple of named characters/monster centerpieces, a scenery piece, and everything would be golden.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Honestly they should just take the Total War roster, give us a couple of named characters/monster centerpieces, a scenery piece, and everything would be golden.

We have Hobgrots now though and also humans "serfs"....so Who knows XD.

Tbh i Hope they'll add something new(armored gargant?new Hashut demons?) also and not Just the old units.

8 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

We have Hobgrots now though and also humans "serfs"....so Who knows XD.

Tbh i Hope they'll add something new(armored gargant?new Hashut demons?) also and not Just the old units.

Agreed, maybe we can get some kind of alchemist/brewer wielding the chorf equivalent of Greek fire boosting the daemons? On the Daemonic front I’m not really sure what they could add beyond a “daemon prince” type of character.

18 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Agreed, maybe we can get some kind of alchemist/brewer wielding the chorf equivalent of Greek fire boosting the daemons? On the Daemonic front I’m not really sure what they could add beyond a “daemon prince” type of character.

It's tricky because you don't want to get too close to tzeentch. Like you could do fire snakes or something, but if you had a ranged daemon unit it might be too close to brimstone horrors or flamers. I think there's lots of room to play with daemon infused mecha while still avoiding overlap with CSM in 40k though. Getting the k'dai destroyer would technically be new as it never saw the table and it would be a great place to start.

25 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

It's tricky because you don't want to get too close to tzeentch. Like you could do fire snakes or something, but if you had a ranged daemon unit it might be too close to brimstone horrors or flamers. I think there's lots of room to play with daemon infused mecha while still avoiding overlap with CSM in 40k though. Getting the k'dai destroyer would technically be new as it never saw the table and it would be a great place to start.

If I was in charge of chorf refresh I’d give them an “immortals” type unit: guys who’ve been partially turned to stone/magma and can be revived by a daemon smith. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

If I was in charge of chorf refresh I’d give them an “immortals” type unit: guys who’ve been partially turned to stone/magma and can be revived by a daemon smith.

Immortals should be the "Hammerers" heros guard role, still the idea of partially "petrified" dwarves Is not that bad.

Or maybe just "possessed" duardin,empowered like their daemon machines.

• Like 1

The new Bloodbowl Chorfs will be a welcome addition, and can make both my Hearthguard Berzerkers with flaming flails, and they can double as my Chaos Warriors; the new resin Centaurs could push or pull a chariot (my old metal Bloodbowl Chorfs are already my Chosen, and Hthark is my Lord on Daemonic Mount).

8 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

The new Bloodbowl Chorfs will be a welcome addition, and can make both my Hearthguard Berzerkers with flaming flails, and they can double as my Chaos Warriors; the new resin Centaurs could push or pull a chariot (my old metal Bloodbowl Chorfs are already my Chosen, and Hthark is my Lord on Daemonic Mount).

If you order three of the centaurs you could probably run them as a group of six ogroids…..

18 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

If you order three of the centaurs you could probably run them as a group of six ogroids…..

Guess they could be my other unit of Knights so I wouldn't have to do more conversions.  (got 12 all converted bull-centaur Varanguard and Knights so far)  I have 3 magmic fyre-spitters that I gave weapon arms and vague bearded faces for my Old World K'daai.  They're on 50mm bases now to be my Ogroids, but should I make 3 more?  Would they absolutely need a Myrmidon?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Guess they could be my other unit of Knights so I wouldn't have to do more conversions.  (got 12 all converted bull-centaur Varanguard and Knights so far)  I have 3 magmic fyre-spitters that I gave weapon arms and vague bearded faces for my Old World K'daai.  They're on 50mm bases now to be my Ogroids, but should I make 3 more?  Would they absolutely need a Myrmidon?

Pictures please? I kinda need some good news.