The "Definitely Happening" Chaos Duardin Discussion

42 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Imho they Will blend old and new,big hats but also those Mask we saw in the rulebook(similar to the Horns ones).

Maybe they Will do like Azgorh legion and blend both style.

That sounds good too. I suppose the whole point to "update" Chaos dwarf for AoS is to make them more extreme: more horns, more bulls, more hats, more chains, etc... 

25 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That sounds good too. I suppose the whole point to "update" Chaos dwarf for AoS is to make them more extreme: more horns, more bulls, more hats, more chains, etc... 

I hope they draw more inspiration of actual assyrian aesthetics this time around. Would be a good chance to do it.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2024 at 2:39 AM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I hope they draw more inspiration of actual assyrian aesthetics this time around. Would be a good chance to do it.

Honestly I hope we get a mixture of Assyrians and WWI/WWII style technology, like a more orderly form of Skaven. We’ve seen that CA and GW have the capacity to expand upon and update the old roster for Total War, so they just need to update/modify those concepts for aos, throw in a named character/“daemon” or two and we’re all set.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2024 at 1:18 AM, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Imho they Will blend old and new,big hats but also those Mask we saw in the rulebook(similar to the Horns ones).

Maybe they Will do like Azgorh legion and blend both style.

Yeah, I think they will be inclined to riff off of Azgorh somehow given that was very nearly a full-fledged army for a few years.  Probably including some more dirty industrial basic steampunk elements; the old Hellcannon and Azgorh stuff, and then also KO stuff, has some of that going on.

12 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Yeah, I think they will be inclined to riff off of Azgorh somehow given that was very nearly a full-fledged army for a few years.  Probably including some more dirty industrial basic steampunk elements; the old Hellcannon and Azgorh stuff, and then also KO stuff, has some of that going on.

I still think they’re just gonna take the aesthetic developed by CA, mix in the Horns and Hobgrots stuff, and then add some copper wiring and heavy stapled going through certain units skin to highlight their reliance on augmentation.

Just now, Lord Krungharr said:

Wait, what?  That sounds like Clan Moulder to me.  HECK NO.  I think they'll be very much more arcane evil-runic blessing based, plus industrialized war-machines.  Can't fathom gross Skaven-style  flesh-melding stuff with them. 

Oh no, I was referring to a line of bull centaur lore where it’s said that the daemon smiths have to use mercury and metal stitches to patch up their flesh.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

I'm starting to get kind of concerned that all of the people leaking rumors of the Chaos Dwarfs might have been seeing the BloodBowl stuff and thinking that meant there were coming to AOS or the Old World.

not when we have a literal tease in the 4 edition rule book saying 

"Hammer of of Hashut coming"

Bloodbowl is a completely different realm just like how it was pumping various lizardmen stuff before the Seraphon wave

• Like 1