Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

12 minutes ago, TaeRam said:

I think the biggest mistake GW has made with the return of TOW is not renewing more old plastic kits. In fact, it seems like this is what's stopping more people from getting into this game.

It seems the game is doing great, but this is not thanks how GW is handeling it. If you don't have an old collection or a 3D printer it is almost impossible to start an army besides Bretonnia and Tomb Kings.

Even if TOW was the main fantasy game it would take a very long time to redo all the old plastic sets. Even with AoS that has a lot more resources than Warhammer ever had, can't redo older kits very quickly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I am not so sure about it. ToW got the worst part in terms of price rise...

That depends on the price increase I guess.

if 20 lothern sea guard (should they actually get their blood island equivalent of a release) cost as much as 10 lrl spearmen.

I think high elve migjt be much more interesting for a good amount of players not just the tow players.

but personally I agree the price hike likely said won’t favor a lot of kits. Although you’ll likely also feel it in other ranges like aos and 40k (and horus heresy😱😭)

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That depends on the price increase I guess.

if 20 lothern sea guard (should they actually get their blood island equivalent of a release) cost as much as 10 lrl spearmen.

I think high elve migjt be much more interesting for a good amount of players not just the tow players.

but personally I agree the price hike likely said won’t favor a lot of kits. Although you’ll likely also feel it in other ranges like aos and 40k (and horus heresy😱😭)

The thing is the price rise is between 3 and 5% mainly in 40k and AoS. For HH and ToW goes to 10% and more, IIRC, in some cases.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kromek said:

One thing I'm hoping for that never seemed possible before is a retooling of the Island of Blood moulds to make standalone HE sprues.

Given they've shown a willingness to resculpt and retool other kits I feel like is moved from impossible to just "very unlikely" 😂

I think they managed to retool the sprue , isle of blood HE units appear in force of fantasy book 

gGDNwb4_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr

In dark tide game also sprue has been recently retooled by GW

Edited by cyrus

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TaeRam said:

I think the biggest mistake GW has made with the return of TOW is not renewing more old plastic kits. In fact, it seems like this is what's stopping more people from getting into this game.

Old miniatures are constantly sold out without needing to invest into new sculpts and new molds. I think it's not a mistake at all from their point of view. Besides, we already know what happens when they retool old kits with the time the entire Dark Elf army was made with new kits in 8th edition of Warhammer Battle...it didn't sell that well, because all old Dark Elf players already had everything. They didn't feel the need to buy the new models for the same units at a much more expensive price.

Because let's face, if they released new kits, they would be sold way more expensive. See the difference with bretonnian knights on foot and their older kits. I don't think it would make that many more sales in the end. Old World is a very specific game that is definitely not new player friendly...like at the time of Warhammer Battle.

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cyrus said:

I think they managed to retool the sprue , isle of blood HE units appear in force of fantasy book 

gGDNwb4_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr

In dark tide game also sprue has been recently retooled by GW

They don't have to retool it, they released a sprue or five Sea Guards with the paints set during the 8th ed.

image.png.277d2c6590e623d65c23a372267cb101.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

37 minutes ago, michu said:

They don't have to retool it, they released a sprue or five Sea Guards with the paints set during the 8th ed.

image.png.277d2c6590e623d65c23a372267cb101.png

It does if they want to include the command models.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Tonhel said:

It does if they want to include the command models.

Exactly !

I am sure they managed : in picture above you can see also swordmasters and elleryon reavers  from Isle of blood .

Edited by cyrus

On 5/21/2024 at 10:14 PM, Tonhel said:

We have no idea. It seems that some armies will get a new plastic kit and some will not. All GW warmachines are in plastic. I don't see a possible new warmachine that could be released. I don't count the war wagon as a warmachine. It would be cool a plastic war wagon, but that seems a bit of wishlisting.

I don't think the Empire has any metal unit kits left? So this decreases the chance for a plastic kit for the Empire. But would love to see a new plastic knight kit or plastic dismounted Reiksguard or Plastic Teutogen guard. But that is a lot of wishlisting. 😄

WIth HE for a plastic kit new archers/spearm or Silverhelms. But again also seems unlikely.

For Chaos, I am hoping for a plastic Chaos dragon. Lol, but nowadays every plastic kit for TOWseems wishlisting 😮

Realisticly I think the High Elves will probaly just get a named hero of some kind and and a couple of newish heroes (Handmaiden?). 
High Elves were very popular though so they may well get the Brettonia treatment and get a considerable update with new spearmen, silver Helms and archers as those are really the only High Elf kits that are showing thier age, although I doubt it. The only model that doesn't have a model is the Great Eagle i belive. 

Chaos are in a pretty good place tbh model wise, the only thing the army is severly lacking is chaos marked units like Blightkings, jugganunts etc. 

2 hours ago, AquaRegis said:

Realisticly I think the High Elves will probaly just get a named hero of some kind and and a couple of newish heroes (Handmaiden?).

Handmaiden was released in Warhammer Battle V8 with the High Elf army book.

image.png.9feb35943f95fec71970354b709d4ced.png

Everything that was out at that time can be released for Old World without any need for a single new miniature kit. And I'm pretty sure that's what they will do.

I would honestly be fine with no new minis until after all factions have been released. I would rather the focus be fully on keeping things in stock and getting all factions supported and then give us new stuff with campaign releases

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Sadly no dwarfs pre-order. I guess it will be after AoS 4th edition. Which also seems delayed 2 weeks. 

Considering that. Can we say it is easy that we end the current roster by the end of 2025?

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Considering that. Can we say it is easy that we end the current roster by the end of 2025?

No, we have no clue. It can be a lot faster or even slower. It seems GW still hasn't fixed its logistics problem (rumoured AoS 4th edition delay with two weeks). Predicting GW release schedule is sadly impossible 😄.

Told you the "rumors" were not realistic. Better not believe anyone on TOW release schedule and just wait for the sunday Warhammer Community will finally announce the dwarves. It's much less disappointing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jator said:

1718376383002.jpg

Sigh. I mean, this could be an indication that they are going to for pre-order the week before Skaventide (that's the last slot available). Equally though, it could just be a dumb joke and mean nothing.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

Sigh. I mean, this could be an indication that they are going to for pre-order the week before Skaventide (that's the last slot available). Equally though, it could just be a dumb joke and mean nothing.

So... announcement in two days, if so.

• 2 weeks later...

Video game news rather than TOW specifically, but CA put out an 'interview' which goes over what's coming in the future.

TLDR

Spoiler

Golgfag Maneater for Ogre Kingdoms, Skulltaker for Khorne, Gorbad Ironclaw for O&G and a free Khorne LL.

Release towards the end of the year for the paid content.

Realms of Chaos updates dropped going forward.

Slaanesh, Vampire Counts and Norsca will get looked at in the future.

• Thanks 2