Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

That's exciting if true (to be fair, any release would be exciting).

Given he's the one saying it would be Empire after dwarves before and now it's "Chaos and High Elves"...

And anyway, technically he will be always true with that kind of statement. I mean, Chaos and High Elves will obviously come any time after Dwarves without any time stamp, and it's clear Dwarves can't come out after Chaos and High Elves because GW didn't preview any of the last 2 already.

Edited by Sarouan

8 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

And anyway, technically he will be always true with that kind of statement. I mean, Chaos and High Elves will obviously come any time after Dwarves without any time stamp, and it's clear Dwarves can't come out after Chaos and High Elves because GW didn't preview any of the last 2 already.

Technically sure, but that's not how anyone would interpret it.

Just now, JerekKruger said:

Technically sure, but that's not how anyone would interpret it.

That's the point of making vague statements in a youtube video : people can always interpret it the way they want it (people watching Valrak want these to be actual "official rumors" to be hyped about, and Valrak knows that people will watch his video hoping about that), and the youtuber can't be caught telling false rumors. He can always hide behind its vagueness.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

That's the point of making vague statements in a youtube video : people can always interpret it the way they want it (people watching Valrak want these to be actual "official rumors" to be hyped about, and Valrak knows that people will watch his video hoping about that), and the youtuber can't be caught telling false rumors. He can always hide behind its vagueness.

He was very accurate with the first boxes: 

September 2023 ( 2/3 months before reveal)

New Valrak rumours

Summary:
Release Q1 2024
Boxset contents:
Each box get their own core rulesets (probably means core rulebook in both boxes?)

Bretonnia: 70+ models
Big chunk of Men-at-Arms (two units?)
Big chunk of Archers
Two lances of Knights
Unit of three Pegasus knights
Lord on Pegasus

Only the Lord on Pegasus will be new, everything else is old fantasy models

Tomb Kings: 90+ models
Skeletons
Archers
Knights (Necropolis Knights?)
Chariots
Lich riding a Dragon

again only the Lich will be new

Then he called O&G and Dwarfs .

He has a good track record .

For the Empire he heard about : new general, new war machine , 2/3 new wizards.

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cyrus said:

He was very accurate with the first boxes: 

September 2023 ( 2/3 months before reveal)

New Valrak rumours

Summary:
Release Q1 2024
Boxset contents:
Each box get their own core rulesets (probably means core rulebook in both boxes?)

Bretonnia: 70+ models
Big chunk of Men-at-Arms (two units?)
Big chunk of Archers
Two lances of Knights
Unit of three Pegasus knights
Lord on Pegasus

Only the Lord on Pegasus will be new, everything else is old fantasy models

Tomb Kings: 90+ models
Skeletons
Archers
Knights (Necropolis Knights?)
Chariots
Lich riding a Dragon

again only the Lich will be new

Then he called O&G and Dwarfs .

He has a good track record .

For the Empire he heard about : new general, new war machine , 2/3 new wizards.

Thanks! A new War Machine has to be plastic ❤️❤️ I just want to see that!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Thanks! A new War Machine has to be plastic ❤️❤️ I just want to see that!

My lil finger tells me it will be metal and will be the mythical old war wagon miniature. ;)

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

My lil finger tells me it will be metal and will be the mythical old war wagon miniature. ;)

If it is a new one, as the rumour says, it gotta be resin or plastic. Being a war machine, I doubt it would be resin because of the price.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If it is a new one, as the rumour says, it gotta be resin or plastic. Being a war machine, I doubt it would be resin because of the price.

It won't be a new one. :P

But expect a couple new special characters in the arcane journal. ;)

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

It won't be a new one. :P

But expect a couple new special characters in the arcane journal. ;)

We have no idea. It seems that some armies will get a new plastic kit and some will not. All GW warmachines are in plastic. I don't see a possible new warmachine that could be released. I don't count the war wagon as a warmachine. It would be cool a plastic war wagon, but that seems a bit of wishlisting.

I don't think the Empire has any metal unit kits left? So this decreases the chance for a plastic kit for the Empire. But would love to see a new plastic knight kit or plastic dismounted Reiksguard or Plastic Teutogen guard. But that is a lot of wishlisting. 😄

WIth HE for a plastic kit new archers/spearm or Silverhelms. But again also seems unlikely.

For Chaos, I am hoping for a plastic Chaos dragon. Lol, but nowadays every plastic kit for TOWseems wishlisting 😮

Edited by Tonhel

Everything that's already shown in the army pictures of the Old World rulebook won't be replaced, sorry to say. There won't be new HE archers / spearmen / silverhelms, but there will be the loved plastic miniatures from Island of Blood old box.

The Empire has a lot of metal miniatures left. It just depends on how much you want to go in the past. And since it's the Old World...it can be pretty old. :D Just tell that to the Dragon Company !

If it's not the war wagon (but my lil finger told me so ;) ), it will be the FW Marienburg landship (still not new though ! ).

8 hours ago, Sarouan said:

Everything that's already shown in the army pictures of the Old World rulebook won't be replaced, sorry to say. There won't be new HE archers / spearmen / silverhelms, but there will be the loved plastic miniatures from Island of Blood old box.

The Empire has a lot of metal miniatures left. It just depends on how much you want to go in the past. And since it's the Old World...it can be pretty old. :D Just tell that to the Dragon Company !

If it's not the war wagon (but my lil finger told me so ;) ), it will be the FW Marienburg landship (still not new though ! ).

I’m very certain that a lot of old high elve kits won’t be getting any an update.

considering gws record of the last 3 armies plus the dwarfs getting a few new heroes as well.

but High elves in particular, will likely get a good amount of people in, considering that they had a huge ranfe refresh st the end of 8th

many people that wanted those units never really got a chance of buying them, and it’ll be interesting to see what kind of heroes are the high elves getting

19 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m very certain that a lot of old high elve kits won’t be getting any an update.

considering gws record of the last 3 armies plus the dwarfs getting a few new heroes as well.

but High elves in particular, will likely get a good amount of people in, considering that they had a huge ranfe refresh st the end of 8th

many people that wanted those units never really got a chance of buying them, and it’ll be interesting to see what kind of heroes are the high elves getting

One thing I'm hoping for that never seemed possible before is a retooling of the Island of Blood moulds to make standalone HE sprues.

Given they've shown a willingness to resculpt and retool other kits I feel like is moved from impossible to just "very unlikely" 😂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sarouan said:

Yeah that's not how people think. He says "High Elves and Chaos are coming after Dwarves" and people hear that as "High Elves and Chaos are the next two armies". If he turns out to be wrong, is called on it, and replies with "I only said they'd come out after, not next" people are still going to judge him as both being wrong and making ****** up. He isn't going to gain any protection by his vagueness. He might be technically correct, but his reputation will still take a hit. Technically correct won't protect it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kromek said:

Given they've shown a willingness to resculpt and retool other kits I feel like is moved from impossible to just "very unlikely" 😂

Are they, though ? They're more about producing new units than retooling old ones : bretonnian knights on foot (not present before), tomb king character on bone dragon (not present before), royal pegasus bretonnian characters (it was regular pegasus before ;) ), special characters that weren't seen previously...Ungrim is a younger version, he doesn't have his cloak so he's technically "new", there was no generic dwarf king on shieldbearers before : it was always a metal miniature of an old named character before, and it was 2 dwarves carrying him, not 3.

GW knows than simply retooling old kits doesn't mean people already having them actually buy them (they already have the unit). It's much more safer to make whole new units. Of course, sculpting new resin characters never hurt, I don't really count that as "retooled new kits".

To me, it's still "impossible". At least for the 1st phase that is about producing all the old kits for all core armies.

19 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

He isn't going to gain any protection by his vagueness. He might be technically correct, but his reputation will still take a hit. Technically correct won't protect it.

Valrak was already wrong in the past (more than once, and sometimes very horribly so), he still has his fans and you see Cyrus here saying he has a "very good track record" (of course if you focus only on what he got right, you can say that - remember, when you make guesses, eventually you will be right for some). Valrack isn't stupid either, and that's why he's always intentionnally vague in his videos when he makes guesses. He knows his followers enjoying his content will remember what sticks rather than what fell.

I'm not one of his fans so I have no problem calling on him being a fake rumormonger. His content is there for hyped entertainment and the occasionnal drama farming on GW (like with price increases / remove of existing miniatures), not true information that he keeps taking from other sources elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I am not so sure about it. ToW got the worst part in terms of price rise...

2 hours ago, Kromek said:

One thing I'm hoping for that never seemed possible before is a retooling of the Island of Blood moulds to make standalone HE sprues.

Just a guess, but given that GW has done old 40k Starters as Made to Order I personaly think it is more likly we will see Island of Blood as a Made to Order, perhaps in a few years when they are done with the 9 core and are working on briging in the PDF armies (assuming they even do that).

1 minute ago, Trokair said:

Just a guess, but given that GW has done old 40k Starters as Made to Order I personaly think it is more likly we will see Island of Blood as a Made to Order, perhaps in a few years when they are done with the 9 core and are working on briging in the PDF armies (assuming they even do that).

What about a MTO shortly after AoS 4th? To keep the Skaven momentum?

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about a MTO shortly after AoS 4th? To keep the Skaven momentum?

Maybe...

However, the past old starter MtO have been during the Christmas holidays if memory serves. Also would they want another cheap source of skaven, ones with an older skulpt and style as well, to ocme out just after the big launch box for AoS4th?

I'll keep my fingers crossed in case GW gives us some nice surprises...

I can't see GW making the old IoB Skaven available in a made to order IoB set. It will be a competition for AoS Skaven and it means releasing units for a non core TOW faction. I can't see this happen.

I would love to see a recut of the HE IoB sprues, so they are seperate from the Skaven parts, but this would mean a new moulds. So it's not really cheaper than just using the digital assests and make a new plastic set for Lothern Seaguard i.e.

Anyway the HE are in a really good place when finally released. It just needs new spearmen, archers and Silverhelms. Sadly this is very unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I can't see GW making the old IoB Skaven available in a made to order IoB set. It will be a competition for AoS Skaven and it means releasing units for a non core TOW faction. I can't see this happen.

I would love to see a recut of the HE IoB sprues, so they are seperate from the Skaven parts, but this would mean a new moulds. So it's not really cheaper than just using the digital assests and make a new plastic set for Lothern Seaguard i.e.

Anyway the HE are in a really good place when finally released. It just needs new spearmen, archers and Silverhelms. Sadly this is very unlikely.

What about releasing it in its AoS version as MTO? I know it was repackaged for AoS, but HE now makes no sense at all in AoS anymore...

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

An expensive, but good looking, option for Silverhelms is the Lumineth Dawnriders. They'll need some work to make them fit into High Elf aesthetic, but not that much, and their horses look great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

An expensive, but good looking, option for Silverhelms is the Lumineth Dawnriders. They'll need some work to make them fit into High Elf aesthetic, but not that much, and their horses look great.

I thought the same when someone mentioned the Empire Knights. CoS Cavaliers fit perfectly, even GW compared to the old Empire ones on release at Warcom.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I thought the same when someone mentioned the Empire Knights. CoS Cavaliers fit perfectly, even GW compared to the old Empire ones on release at Warcom.

Yup, you could run them exactly as they are, it do a little work to make them more Empirey (give them have and traditional shields, and get rid of the big diamond Barding) but they're houses are just so much more dynamic than the old plastic ones that actual Empire Knights come on.

• Like 1

I think the biggest mistake GW has made with the return of TOW is not renewing more old plastic kits. In fact, it seems like this is what's stopping more people from getting into this game.

• Like 2