Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

Yeah I’m not sure if I’m believing that’s real. We know we’re getting doom seekers and the goblin hewer, and as of now the only additional units not in the core books have been tied to an army of infamy. Royal Clans and Engineers expeditionary Forces don’t come across as things that would include additional slayers. 

Also, Thorgrimm is not currently ‘Kharl of the Dammaz Kron’. If that means what it appears to, High King right now is Alriksson. 

Edited by Bolfrig Bearhide

1 hour ago, michu said:

No Slayer list allowing you to run an army of just Unbreakable guys. 😃👌

Engineering list, (presumably) allowing you to run an army of just artillery. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

39 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

LOL. Why does it look like the book has been used for years?! 

Dwarfs are born old

• Haha 1

Hmmm. I will wait for the confirmation in the corresponding Sunday Preview. It looks like some numbers and choice of words are similar to the back of Orc and Goblins Arcane Journal. I'm not dismissing a potential fake, here.

Looks like someone actually try to sell that copy on Ebay. Of course already sold. Geez, people do really anything just to be the first...hope he didn't get scammed.

If it's a fake, it's quite elaborated. Guess it looks genuine. Here are a few more pictures on the Ebay page.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Looks like someone actually try to sell that copy on Ebay. Of course already sold. Geez, people do really anything just to be the first...hope he didn't get scammed.

If it's a fake, it's quite elaborated. Guess it looks genuine. Here are a few more pictures on the Ebay page.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

That's good news, IMO. It will be in then stores in less than a month.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

LOL. Why does it look like the book has been used for years?! 

I don't know whether GW do mock up prints at a lower quality. I know we used to get them when I worked at a book shop: much lower quality than trade copies, often with different covers (sometimes blank, but, surprisingly, sometimes with actual unique art) that were sent round to let people pre-read the books for review. Maybe this is a similar thing?

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Eldarion79 said:

it is a fake : here is a older "picture"
448952002_10225539173528509_6007320382096925376_n.png?ex=66825c01&is=66810a81&hm=164f6f3bd951f5cb1740d33b2e96fc392486e3247539a4ba0ee9b380cfa04166&=

See the black zone ?
Adepticon TOW Mar20 Image5

No , the original picture doesn’t have black zone . 
FlnNP5M_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

and then you have also back and internal pages .

it could be one of free copy sent to YouTuber/Influencer for review.

35 minutes ago, cyrus said:

No , the original picture doesn’t have black zone . 
FlnNP5M_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

and then you have also back and internal pages .

it could be one of free copy sent to YouTuber/Influencer for review. See the top-left corner how the picture gets addapted to the damaged area.

Honestly, if it is a fake someone had taken its time to make it plausible. 

I've read the inside pages shown on the pictures. They're not gibberish nor copied and pasted from older versions of Battle. It's genuine background I don't remember I have seen elsewhere already.

The royal clans seem to be an army composed of "old school dwarfs", meaning no nonsense like powder weapons / engineer wacky inventions but good old crossbows, ballistas and grudge throwers with warriors, longbeards and hammerers at its core. Looks like they'll have gromril weapons / armors special rules, or at least a good chunk of them, since the background says royal clans benefit from the wealth at the disposal of their king and wield weapons and armors made of gromril.

The engineer force expedition will certainly be the opposite of that, background mentions a lot of powder weapons and gyrocopters (obviously). Burlok Damminson is the father of Grim Burloksson who was the plastic engineer we got in Warhammer Battle 8th edition before AoS. In the story, he leads an expeditionny force to Khazid Vosk, a dwarf hold fallen to the hands of greenskins. He intends to reclaim it.

Still weird there's no slayer army of infamy in this version. I guess it would have been a bit too limited in choices. "So you take slayers and slayers and then slayers again". Some guys on Reddit say that maybe Ungrimm will have some rule allowing some units of Slayers to be taken as core, which would make sense.

I'm still cautious and waiting for the confirmation on Warhammer Community.

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

The back could be an hint of what’s coming after Dwarfs : WoC . ( Bretonnia AJ had tomb kings , O&g AJ had Dwarfs) 

k2KJMVI.jpeg

Which pair with Valrak rumours saying that WoC and High elves are next after Dwarfs .

4 minutes ago, cyrus said:

The back could be an hint of what’s coming after Dwarfs : WoC . ( Bretonnia AJ had tomb kings , O&g AJ had Dwarfs) 

k2KJMVI.jpeg

Which pair with Valrak rumours saying that WoC and High elves are next after Dwarfs .

If it is true watch out for both. They are both top sellers, and as such I expect a bit more love in terms of new stuff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If it is true watch out for both. They are both top sellers, and as such I expect a bit more love in terms of new stuff.

Yes , they were probably the top sellers factions together with VC in Whfb .