Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I don’t believe those rumours. I think the twins haven’t left Ulthuan yet at this point in the timeline of the Bill King trilogy 

Yes right ! And Morghur died for 5th time in battle of Arden ( 2247 IC) just 30 years before ToW timeline (2276 IC)

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I don’t believe those rumours. I think the twins haven’t left Ulthuan yet at this point in the timeline of the Bill King trilogy 

Swords of Aenarion, the second book in the trilogy opens 100 years after the first, in Lustria, with the twins looking for Sunfang. The First book, is set during N'kari's invasion of Ulthuan, which according to the Daemons of Chaos army book happened in IC 2173. The Old World takes place in IC 2276, we're good 😎

15 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes right ! And Morghur died for 5th time in battle of Arden ( 2247 IC) just 30 years before ToW timeline (2276 IC)

Morghur gets reborn a lot. He's easier to explain than a Goblin Hewer 😬

Either way, internet rumours are internet rumours.

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

Swords of Aenarion, the second book in the trilogy opens 100 years after the first, in Lustria, with the twins looking for Sunfang. The First book, is set during N'kari's invasion of Ulthuan, which according to the Daemons of Chaos army book happened in IC 2173. The Old World takes place in IC 2276, we're good 😎

Morghur gets reborn a lot. He's easier to explain than a Goblin Hewer 😬

Either way, internet rumours are internet rumours.

They have been very consistent with the timeline so far : see VC exclusion from focus factions.

• Haha 2

On 7/10/2024 at 8:58 AM, Redmanphill said:

Not seen anyone bring these up here, so here you go!image.png.8673b5d99f9f329ff3dddba414bf7399.png

These rumors definitely have more credibility now after today's article. The same source said this way back in May which has all been confirmed now after today's preview. Pretty specific info to be a guess.

image.png.ffd5768f1ffdc117cfb9a627c5288ba7.png

image.png.8d75af3b8e866d1d9b4795aae1bd6b6b.pngimage.png.ed8117b465e281b6fe1973a7ecb67fb2.pngimage.png.758c2a1ec46551a728ee27ff9e7a72d2.png

And for posterity, here are the previous rumors from the same source. I'm pretty onboard with these being true now, nothing really seems unbelievable and now there's a track record.

image.png.c92e20986d3313edba72fc8872827f3c.png

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, FFJump said:

These rumors definitely have more credibility now after today's article. The same source said this way back in May which has all been confirmed now after today's preview. Pretty specific info to be a guess.

And for posterity, here are the previous rumors from the same source. I'm pretty onboard with these being true now, nothing really seems unbelievable and now there's a track record.

image.png.3d60a3dd30310b44eacc48b8c1843651.png

Already semi-confirmed by Whitefang, but

M. Bison "Yes Yes!" Widescreen HD reupload animated gif

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

If Fimir are actually in the Beasts of Chaos AJ, this is going to be the first time since 3rd edition they were in a proper army list. They had rules in 8th edition via Monstrous Arcanum and Storm of Magic as scrolls of binding, but having them in an army list as a unit you could just take would be awesome. I'd definitely run a maxxed out Fimir list. Wonder if there's any possibility of the FW Balefiend or Meargh to be released.

×  Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text insteadimage.png.65363cbd736687197828aa61f029f384.png

image.png.c144ad934c6394ac13959322bf62be3c.png

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 3

Middenheim AoI makes sense, since there's the SoC units they could re-release that were extremely popular and a blackpowder-ban is something that would contrast Nuln Gunnery School nicely. 

Very pleased the Fimir are returning (even if it's just the FW model). I was always disappointed Kruelboys stole their niche in AoS.

Surprised there's no mention of Kislev, you'd think that would be along before Cathay, although I guess the absence of a mention doesn't wholly exclude it coming along.

5 hours ago, Noserenda said:

I am hoping we dont see a return of the super boring Nuln gunline instead of one of the other civil war factions.

Considering the Forge Minis from Nuln, which would be released almost certainly, a Nuln list is kind of mandatory. I also see a new Steam Tank in plastic or something along those lines.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Considering the Forge Minis from Nuln, which would be released almost certainly, a Nuln list is kind of mandatory. I also see a new Steam Tank in plastic or something along those lines.

Avast!

unnamed(23).jpg.b94c97340852dbd988e1c05be2c15ab8.jpg

Seriously though, Elsbeth, Bruckner and the Landship hadn't been born/invented in 2276, so you'd be looking at the Ironsides and Manan's Blades repping their respective cities, and I'd still take Marienburg every time.

It looks like the TOW have taken real care not to let the Dwarf Engineers Guild Expeditionary Force slide into a default gunline, with Scout Gyrocopters, special carts that either make dwarfs faster or encourage them to get in blasting charge range, and a side emphasis on slayers, but what could you really do with a Nuln list that's not just more or improved shooting? Outrider core? They've still got 24" guns that are better if they don't move. War Wagons at a pinch?

Fingers crossed for a pseudo Dogs of War Marienburg list with a 50% mercenary allowance instead 🤞💰

• Like 1