Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

im still dubious about Tyrion and Teclis appearing at all tho. I don’t think they want the IP overlap with aos. 

The lack of overlap is probably to do with specific models individually and not their fluff.

So long as Telics has a separate model, on a separate stock code, in separate packaging, with separate titles (EG Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh versus Teclis, High Loremaster of Hoeth) GW probably don't have an issue with both games having a version of him. 

There's also units like Warriors of Chaos and Treelords where TOW falls back on the older models for branding where they've been carried over or updated in the case of AoS (EG TOW Wood Elf photographs have been using the old metal Treelord despite the current AoS one technically an 8th Fantasy kit).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

High Loremaster of Hoeth

ackchyally.png.b5e099e92d28fe01b606c92ac5160bab.png

Teclis doesn't become High Loremaster until a few years after the Great War Against Chaos when he returns to Ulthuan after founding the Colleges of Magic for his dad's funeral and gets offered the job.

He'd just be Teclis, Above Average Mage With No Signature Magic Items Yet at the time of TOW

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Teclis doesn't become High Loremaster until a few years after the Great War Against Chaos when he returns to Ulthuan after founding the Colleges of Magic for his dad's funeral and gets offered the job.

He'd just be Teclis, Above Average Mage With No Signature Magic Items Yet at the time of TOW

In my defence you can't expect me to pay much, if any, attention to Elgi """lore""". 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Also it's not like there isn't already a TOW special character who has an AoS mini

I'm not an AoS Loremaster, but I was told that Settrus was just a Settra fanboy or something like that.

5 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I'm not an AoS Loremaster, but I was told that Settrus was just a Settra fanboy or something like that.

Even if that's the case, there's other WHFB minis that have been turned into a Stormcast, like Baltasar Gelt that is Balthas Arum.

The Spanish wiki has a section about it and Settrus is not in (it could be that it is just not up to date); Personajes que provienen del Mundo-que-fue | Sigmaroteca | Fandom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Even if that's the case, there's other WHFB minis that have been turned into a Stormcast, like Baltasar Gelt that is Balthas Arum.

But Baltasar Gelt is not in TOW, so that's not the problem

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

Settrus is probably not supposed to be Settra (anymore?). I was making a joke about the controversy he caused when he was first appeared as a throwaway line in Hamilcar: Champion of the Gods.

I don't have an inside line to Black Library, but I'd hazard a guess that Settrus going down like as much of a lead balloon with corners of the grognardsphere as he did, probably spurred the editors and/or author to put out the short story Age of Enlightenment the following year, in which Settrus turns up in person, terrifies and then gets laughed off by Mannfred, who calls him a him a liar and and thief, and explains that he can't be the real Settra, because the real Settra would have had way less trouble killing him. Settrus then heroically self sacrifices himself, and the rest of the short is dedicated to explaining that Settrus is very, very permanently dead, and won't be getting reforged or coming back by any other means ever.

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

The Spanish wiki has a section about it and Settrus is not in (it could be that it is just not up to date); Personajes que provienen del Mundo-que-fue | Sigmaroteca | Fandom

'Gran Rata Cornuda' is now up there with 'Genoraptor' and the German Hellcannon being called a Todbringer for my favourite localised names. 👍

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Fimir return would be very welcome.

im still dubious about Tyrion and Teclis appearing at all tho. I don’t think they want the IP overlap with aos. 

I dunno, maybe.

i mean in the worst case scenario, at leas tow would get the chance to make the better looking teclis models😂

9 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

ackchyally.png.b5e099e92d28fe01b606c92ac5160bab.png

And wasn’t tyrion laying around with every femal elve he found during that period?

Today's Almanak giving us a better look at the newer models ahead of the pre-order. Also the 'official' reveal of the FAQ update

Imperial Dwarfs can be taken as mercenaries in Dwarfen Mountain Holds armies, where they’re essentially Dwarf Warriors with access to spears, or they can be hired by Empire of Man armies, which is rooted in some of the older material from Warhammer Fantasy Battle, with Dwarf communities living and working in Imperial cities. The profile is deliberately flexible, to allow players to use older metal miniatures or convert newer plastics.

And some lore on why the Goblin-Hewer is around without Malakai.

“The Goblin-Hewer is another interesting returning unit”, says JTY. “It doesn’t come with Malakai Makaisson, because he hasn’t been born yet. But we delved into the lore and discovered that Malakai might not have invented everything he says he did. He’s an amazing character, but many of these contraptions – including blimps, zeppelins and the hewer – had already been developed.* He might have refined or reinvented them, but they already existed in principle – the Goblin-Hewer in particular had become quite a dishonourable weapon before Malakai’s time, falling out of use until he struck upon the blueprints. It was actually already caught up in patent disputes, even back in the World of Legend – seems to be something about an axe-tossing engine that makes young Dwarf Engineers want to claim ‘I invented that’.”

r9AGmL23R5j2rFbI.jpg

And two of the new runes.

eiZuclNQjbPC2vjy.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

30 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Oh and they seem to soft-confirm the MTO will be coming in two weeks:

Nice. Is there something else pending after that? They said Dawis will be fully out in two months, so that leaves no much room left for the rest, if there's any.

• 2 weeks later...

So I heard that the rest of plastic dwarf range is coming on preorder on 10th of august:

King on oathstone (Belegar 8th edition))

Dragonslayer hero (8th edition)

Miners (probably 20 in the box)

Gyrocopter/gyrobomber (single box)

Cannon/organ gun 

• Like 1

This might be a little random, but somewhere on TGA someone posted about some adaptor movement trays that convert 32mm rounds to 30mm for OW (by designing them to have one model sit on top of the 2 either side as I recall). But I can't find the post about it anywhere, does anyone know where to look for these? Got a friend who wants to use his StD in OW.

14 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

This might be a little random, but somewhere on TGA someone posted about some adaptor movement trays that convert 32mm rounds to 30mm for OW (by designing them to have one model sit on top of the 2 either side as I recall). But I can't find the post about it anywhere, does anyone know where to look for these? Got a friend who wants to use his StD in OW.

@JackStreicher is your guy, if I am correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1