Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

Oh, completely different topic. Was there supposed to be a pdf or something for any adjustments to Old World points etc? (A bit like AoS's Battlescrolls) I seem to remember them saying we would get them and it has been over 6 months, though I might have completely imagined that they would be doing them.

Also any cool rumours floating around? I have heard that HEs and WoC are the next releases, a while back heard stuff about Araby and Eastern armies like Cathay coming but don't know if there's anything to that.

6 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Oh, completely different topic. Was there supposed to be a pdf or something for any adjustments to Old World points etc? (A bit like AoS's Battlescrolls) I seem to remember them saying we would get them and it has been over 6 months, though I might have completely imagined that they would be doing them.

Also any cool rumours floating around? I have heard that HEs and WoC are the next releases, a while back heard stuff about Araby and Eastern armies like Cathay coming but don't know if there's anything to that.

The rumours are that WoC is the next one followed by HE indeed. About future armies, only time will tell.

32 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The rumours are that WoC is the next one followed by HE indeed. About future armies, only time will tell.

Ah fair, so no idea on what is coming with WoC or HEs then either? Though I guess that we might know soon enough given GW is dumping stuff that seems like it should have been at Gencon, and Nova is at the end of the month.

I wonder if they will both get new dragons, I certainly hope to at least see a Chaos Dragon, and it would make sense for HEs to get one too. Would seem off to me as TKs ended up getting a dragon if HEs and WoC don't.

49 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Ah fair, so no idea on what is coming with WoC or HEs then either? Though I guess that we might know soon enough given GW is dumping stuff that seems like it should have been at Gencon, and Nova is at the end of the month.

I wonder if they will both get new dragons, I certainly hope to at least see a Chaos Dragon, and it would make sense for HEs to get one too. Would seem off to me as TKs ended up getting a dragon if HEs and WoC don't.

IMO we will know at NOVA.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO we will know at NOVA.

Yes , at Nova we will definitely know who's coming next : the 5th faction (either WoC or HE) is due on fall 2024 (September/October/November) 

By the end of august  Dwarfs rest of plastic ( slayer hero ,king on oathstone ,miners, gyrocopter/gyrobomber , cannon/organ gun) will go on preorder.

And there is also a Dwarf MTO wave with five metal Lords, three metal Runesmiths, four metal Dragon and Daemon Slayers, one metal Dwarf Queen, and a Lord, Thane, and Standard Bearer in resin.

• Thanks 1

Weird that they are undermining Warhammer community as the source of GW news, well, i mean not weird, its more silly office politics obviously, but weird they are getting away with it.

Good to see the terrain finally back though, good sign for the health of the game.

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2024 at 10:34 AM, Goatforce said:

I don’t think so (or rather I’ve not heard or read that). I can see them doing a new set of books when all the armies are out and probably new “starter” sets. I don’t think the core rules need tweaking, so they can use books/army lists to generate sales. 

16 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Weird that they are undermining Warhammer community as the source of GW news, well, i mean not weird, it’s more silly office politics obviously, but weird they are getting away with it.

Maybe but could be a miscommunication about when to drop information about it. It’s holiday season so people are off and it has a massive effect on stuff like this, especially if there has been no handover! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

The one rumour for HE is that they might be getting a Chracian army list.

Interesting, I wonder if they will be getting new White Lions (axe guys), or maybe options to take Lions (big cats) as their own units rather than drawing a chariot like CA did in TW:WH 2

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Interesting, I wonder if they will be getting new White Lions (axe guys), or maybe options to take Lions (big cats) as their own units rather than drawing a chariot like CA did in TW:WH 2

Most likely lions as separate unit, since they can be built from existing kits.

Could see chrace archers / hunters as well (using a kitbash between archer kit and white lions kits).

As for the points change thing, they never said there would be one. There are only youtubers wishlisting for that and thinking Old World would have the same support than AoS, forgetting than the data gathering isn't on the same level.

Maybe they can change occasionnally some units in the errata section, like Horus Heresy (a game where there is barely any change at all on that level).

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Maybe but could be a miscommunication about when to drop information about it. It’s holiday season so people are off and it has a massive effect on stuff like this, especially if there has been no handover! 

It's the second time it happened and some people think it's because TOW demographic group is using FB often than WarCom

Yeah its annoying when i hear there are new mini pics released and im at the mercy of facebooks craptastic whims rather than being able to just go to WHC personally :D

The Stamps they released last year had the old plastic white lion kits on them so id definitely expect them back, and focusing on them implies a Characian list might be coming, that might actually get me to buy High elves, i dont like the core troops of this era but the White lions are pretty great :) 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

The one rumour for HE is that they might be getting a Chracian army list.

If GW wants to make a lot of money they should redo the basic spearmen/archers and Silverhelms. But sadly this will not happen. Hopefully we will know more with nova.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Pre-orders for Dwarfs, the missing O&G character and the Fantasy terrain next week.

mCgojrEcBylBUCn4.jpg

Miners appear to have gained the Skull Pass (iirc?) carts when you buy them, which is nice.

BAy5wwMcpny0GnMF.jpg

Not the Skull Pass cart, sadly. These ones were part of the Miner's kit to begin with.

So all that's left for Dwarfs after this is the MTO, and then NOVA at the end of the month, where we (hopefully) find out what's coming next.

17 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Which discord is it?

The "Warhammer Fantasy Battle and the Old World" discord. The main moderator Jav gets some bits and pieces and has been pretty clear re: Chaos being imminent. Not sure what the protocol here is re: sharing discord invites, but it's linked in the About section of r/WarhammerFantasy if you want to take a look.

That fortified manor not being priced that badly is actually the worst possible outcome for me, now I have no excuse to not buy the massive terrain piece I don't have space for that doesn't fit with any of the armies I'm painting

Edited by Jefferson Skarsnik
  • Like 1