Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

4 hours ago, AquaRegis said:

All WOC needed was an arcane journal and returning kits. Thats it. 

They could had at least two resin foot heroes as O&G had : one norscan hero to go with “ wolves of sea” army of infamy and a bsb hero.

Valrak in today video just confirmed ( again) HE to follow WoC in faction release. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I mean that does sound possible.

I personally just don’t know but Imm certain will see more in the future no matter what path gw takes, considering they themself stated that they are interested in keeping support up

It would certainly explain why Galrauch has a profile in the arcane journal with no model being sold for him. Rob was also talking about hearing that there is a chaos dragon plastic model in the works so it could be a multi-kit that builds Galrauch or a Lord on Chaos Dragon...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

It would certainly explain why Galrauch has a profile in the arcane journal with no model being sold for him. Rob was also talking about hearing that there is a chaos dragon plastic model in the works so it could be a multi-kit that builds Galrauch or a Lord on Chaos Dragon...

Maybe an if not:

pete the wargamer and his idea pool exist.

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Maybe an if not:

pete the wargamer and his idea pool exist.

Oh that's true there are definitely other options, it is just one of the really odd things of this release that there are rules for models they currently have no intention of selling (as of the 2nd WoC model wave, I am sure they have plans beyond that for the army).

Something I saw on Etsy:

il_1140xN.6081835735_6cjw.webp.d625a6b48b9a905dd1625c326c3f80c7.webp

Or if you really want to pay a lot of money for a model (that is also probably far too big for the game!)

il_1140xN.6073465883_t4t3.webp.528fbbaa876b7a547e05b9db3318c500.webp

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Oh that's true there are definitely other options, it is just one of the really odd things of this release that there are rules for models they currently have no intention of selling (as of the 2nd WoC model wave, I am sure they have plans beyond that for the army).

Something I saw on Etsy:

il_1140xN.6081835735_6cjw.webp.d625a6b48b9a905dd1625c326c3f80c7.webp

Or if you really want to pay a lot of money for a model (that is also probably far too big for the game!)

il_1140xN.6073465883_t4t3.webp.528fbbaa876b7a547e05b9db3318c500.webp

Thank you for sharing this! I found it on MyMinifactory (Rescale miniatures). I subscribed immediately.

This is their august release!

Love it!

August 2024 Release - Pit of Pestilence

Edit:

Lol, this one is huge!

Dragon Bialmuth image

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm curious about the WoC armies of infamy. Wolves of the Sea makes me remember Wulfrick the Wanderer, I wonder if it's a marauder / infantry based army with flanking attack / reserve shenanigans.

Heralds of Darkness sounds like a chosen / super elite army.

Waiting for more info, I'm still thrilled for the background it will have too (clearly hints to the building up of the chaos invasion of Kislev, and maybe a bit more info on the famous Chosen Chaos Lord from that time).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

I'm curious about the WoC armies of infamy. Wolves of the Sea makes me remember Wulfrick the Wanderer, I wonder if it's a marauder / infantry based army with flanking attack / reserve shenanigans.

Waiting for more info, I'm still thrilled for the background it will have too (clearly hints to the building up of the chaos invasion of Kislev, and maybe a bit more info on the famous Chosen Chaos Lord from that time).

This are rumours I saw on the Square based Discord. It could be completly false ofcourse.

The Heralds of Darkness seem to be almost an all mounted army + option for unridden dragons (Warpfire dragon I assume). Sounds all very cool!

I hope that in the future we will see more monster and especially the dragons from Monstrous Arcanum! The more options the better, I am not really bothered about balance. ;) 

image.png.d2cc00bb2e9541400ea2fa37bb02f641.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sarouan said:

Marauding wolves of the sea is probably a norsca themed army with lot of marauders ( on foot and mounted)  , chaos trolls , war hounds and skin wolves .

Mounted herald of darkness is probably a full mounted army .

I am expecting WoC release in September because there is still a MTO wave for dwarfs in pipeline due by the end of August .

• Thanks 1

So roadmap is coming for Old world at Nova 

That’s the Unofficial one updated based on rumours, reveals and modus operandi so far .

Fall 2024 : WoC ( just confirmed)

Winter 2024 : HE

Spring 2025: Beastmen or WE

Summer 2025: WE or Beastmen

Fall 2025: Empire 

Winter 2025: first campaign book along with new GW/FW miniatures

Let’s see how it will turn out at the preview 🤞

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

That’s the Unofficial one updated based on rumours, reveals and modus operandi so far .

Fall 2024 : WoC ( just confirmed)

Winter 2024 : HE

Spring 2025: Beastmen or WE

Summer 2025: WE or Beastmen

Fall 2025: Empire 

Winter 2025: first campaign book along with new GW/FW miniatures

Let’s see how it will turn out at the preview 🤞

Do you think we will get a roadmap going that far? Or just the classic 2-3 quarters as much?

46 minutes ago, cyrus said:

They didn't say that. They said they will talk about the future of the games. They really have no interest into going too far.

Keep expectations low, it's better for not being disappointed later. That's my advice.

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

They didn't say that. They said they will talk about the future of the games. They really have no interest into going too far.

Keep expectations low, it's better for not being disappointed later. That's my advice.

This show will be a little different to our normal previews, with the focus on roadmaps and the inside track on what’s coming soon for all your favourite games.

This doesn't say explicitly that all games will show a roadmap, but it wouldn't be crazy.

I'm probably gonna get it in the neck from the half dozen people who genuinely love them, but boy would Beastmen and Wood Elves coming immediately after the the preeminent Chaos and elf armies feel like a damp squib. They're already peripheral, but gosh darn. At least Bretonnians had the good sense to get out of the gate early ahead of the pedigree humans.

4 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

I'm probably gonna get it in the neck from the half dozen people who genuinely love them, but boy would Beastmen and Wood Elves coming immediately after the the preeminent Chaos and elf armies feel like a damp squib. They're already peripheral, but gosh darn. At least Bretonnians had the good sense to get out of the gate early ahead of the pedigree humans.

I think both of them would have something new. They probably are the two remaining less appealing/worst-selling armies, so they have to push toward bringing something cool to catch the eye as they did with Bretonia and TK.

@Ejecutor

Brets and TK didn't follow the Empire and Vampire Counts 🤷‍♂️

A new Forest Dragon kit would be neat. I dunno what you'd even give Beastmen. I'd love to see them get a sprue of goofy looking WFRP style Drakwald mutants, but a kit of what are essentially even more contemptible Ungor ain't exactly gonna endear people towards thinking 'boy these guys are cool, I wanna collect an army of them'.

noble_mutant_artwork.jpg.a38ed7ec84164c6ba5b9602cb37ba6be.jpg

24 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

@Ejecutor

A new Forest Dragon kit would be neat. I dunno what you'd even give Beastmen. I'd love to see them get a sprue of goofy looking WFRP style Drakwald mutants, but a kit of what are essentially even more contemptible Ungor ain't exactly gonna endear people towards thinking 'boy these guys are cool, I wanna collect an army of them'.

It would make sense to update the chariots, Centigors and Razorgors for a start, but they have languished for over a decade, and GW decided to release the old river trolls despite the new plastic ones being released for WHFB. 

I'm fully expecting them to get a new Malagor and a couple of old Forge world units like the Preyton. I hope I'm wrong though. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

@Ejecutor

So we are assuming that Empire will come before them?