Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

High Elves seem the safest bet just because they and WoC's symbols are 'paired' on the cover art, which thus far has been tracking for how they've released. 

It would be really cool if that pattern ended up being right and they gave us that "easter egg" on the cover of the book from the beginning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

It would be really cool if that pattern ended up being right and they gave us that "easter egg" on the cover of the book from the beginning.

I am sure the pattern will end up right !

Valrak has been always confident about HE coming after WoC and he just confirmed again few days ago in a stream.

And I am sure Old world will get the roadmap at Nova , together with other systems.

I fear HE can get WoC treatment since their range at the end of 8th edition was very solid .

As per last reveals and rumors next preorder are :

31st August- Dwarfs MTO

14th September- WoC wave 1

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

I fear HE can get WoC treatment since their range at the end of 8th edition was very solid .

I would say the same thing although this is my guess, we’ll likely get 1-2 new heroes, and personally I wouldn’t be to astonished if those where revamped heroes of the two brothers

7 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I would say the same thing although this is my guess, we’ll likely get 1-2 new heroes, and personally I wouldn’t be to astonished if those where revamped heroes of the two brothers

Kaldor and Caladian? 🤔

I guess Kaldor wouldn't have washed up on Naggaroth and started working for Malekith by 2276 IC, so they could both feasibly show up in  the Arcane Journal. 🤷‍♂️

15 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Kaldor and Caladian? 🤔

I guess Kaldor wouldn't have washed up on Naggaroth and started working for Malekith by 2276 IC, so they could both feasibly show up in  the Arcane Journal. 🤷‍♂️

Kaldor…. I didn’t know there would be another set of brothers with special names in this game.

i was more referring to the twins (teclis and tyron)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Kaldor…. I didn’t know there would be another set of brothers with special names in this game.

i was more referring to the twins (teclis and tyron)

I doubt we will see the twins because :1) they are not in the old world as per timeline 2) I think GW do not want to mix it up with AoS Teclis and Tyrion.

I can see an Sea patrol army of infamy such Storm of chaos with returning Merwyrm and maybe a new Sea lord miniature .

RczOr8C.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

I doubt we will see the twins because :1) they are not in the old world as per timeline

ackchyally.png.e162d62a2492d78d2f670506bd9f91e7.png

According to Sword of Caledor, the second Bill King novel about them, Tyrion and Teclis were in Lustria tracking down Sunfang just before the Great War Against Chaos broke out, and prior to that 'had spent years' following its long trail of previous human owners all over the Old World... so they'd almost defiantly be in the Old World in 2276.

Checking the start of that book reminded me that I'd completely forgotten they'd been off on their gap centaury without many other elves, fighting alongside a lot of ragtag humans (even Norscans). I wonder if they'll be mercenaries.

I can see an Sea patrol army of infamy such Storm of chaos with returning Merwyrm and maybe a new Sea lord miniature .

RczOr8C.jpeg

I'll have a bit more variety, with the budgie chariots, but holy heck, bin off those shooting rules if you don't want to get Arcane Journals banned from tournaments!

Edited by Double Misfire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good lord, that's some infernal forebear of the short-lived "lambent light and power of hysh on no-LOS-required sentinels" in 2nd ed AOS, you might as well just be allowed one swing with an actual sledgehammer at each unit in your opponent's army

We have Valrak saying High Elves next, and WHFB Discord saying Empire next then High Elves with the twins as the special characters, so basically if Empire get announced at Nova then that probably also means T&T are in

But will they get callow youthful new models, or will GW tediously retcon that they got all their fancy gear a bit earlier than everyone thought?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

ve a bit more variety, with the budgie chariots, but holy heck, bin off those shooting rules if you don't want to get Arcane Journals banned from tournaments!

It was another time...and it's not like tournaments actually matter in the Old World. ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

ackchyally.png.e162d62a2492d78d2f670506bd9f91e7.png

According to Sword of Caledor, the second Bill King novel about them, Tyrion and Teclis were in Lustria tracking down Sunfang just before the Great War Against Chaos broke out, and prior to that 'had spent years' following its long trail of previous human owners all over the Old World... so they'd almost defiantly be in the Old World in 2276.

Checking the start of that book reminded me that I'd completely forgotten they'd been off on their gap centaury without many other elves, fighting alongside a lot of ragtag humans (even Norscans). I wonder if they'll be mercenaries.

I'll have a bit more variety, with the budgie chariots, but holy heck, bin off those shooting rules if you don't want to get Arcane Journals banned from tournaments!

They are not in the geographical old world where the games is set .

Teclis will found the empire colleges of magic only after the Great War against chaos .

High elves presence in current settings are some enclaves along coast of Bretonnia . 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, cyrus said:

They are not in the geographical old world where the games is set .

Teclis will found the empire colleges of magic only after the Great War against chaos .

High elves presence in current settings are some enclaves along coast of Bretonnia . 

I mean it definately reads like they're in the geographical Old World in these pages written by the guy who created them describing what they were up to in the years preceding the Great War Against Chaos 😬

Screenshot_20240821-140705.png.965e1a6025d3a66054faabed7756239f.pngScreenshot_20240821-140714.png.04d3bab065f96b82c7b239b867b3a049.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ofcourse Teclis and Tyrion will be featured in TOW, maybe not with  the upcoming HE Arcane Journal. But they will appear.

They are such an integral part of the history of Warhammer. They can't avoide it, otherwise they should have placed HE in the legacy faction list or went another couple of hundred years further in the past.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Ofcourse Teclis and Tyrion will be featured in TOW, maybe not with  the upcoming HE Arcane Journal. But they will appear.

They are such an integral part of the history of Warhammer. They can't avoide it, otherwise they should have placed HE in the legacy faction list or went another couple of hundred years further in the past.

Nothing's on or off the table, I mean we got flipping Prince Ulther's back, they were not on my bingo card 🤗

• Like 1

Will any characters be returning? Or is this a chance for new heroes and villains to be written?

Jonathan: There are a number of  familiar characters around in this era, but some of them may not be seen because they’re not relevant to the story we’re telling and the areas where the primary conflicts are taking place. 

Dan: There will definitely be characters people recognise, especially those who are longer-lived, but this is also a great chance for us to introduce new and timeline-appropriate characters.

Rob: Focusing on what’s immediately relevant – for the Tomb Kings, Settra the Imperishable is back! In Bretonnia, the Green Knight is also present – that’s pretty cool!

Jonathan: They are two examples of characters who have been around for hundreds or thousands of years, so naturally they’re around in this period too. When we get to future books, you’ll start to see other characters you recognise returning, but at a younger age. Kings may currently be princes…

This is what the designers had to say about returning characters. It's possible we won't see Tyrion and Teclis - not relevant to the story/areas where the primary conflicts are taking place - but considering how iconic they are to the faction and the fundamental role the latter plays in setting up the Colleges of Magic, I can see them coming if/when they get to The Great War Against Chaos.

Edited by Sathrut

9 minutes ago, Sathrut said:

This is what the designers had to say about returning characters. It's possible we won't see Tyrion and Teclis - not relevant to the story/areas where the primary conflicts are taking place - but considering how iconic they are to the faction and the fundamental role the latter plays in setting up the Colleges of Magic, I can see them coming if/when they get to The Great War Against Chaos.

Exactly 👍 

Teclis and Tyrion are probably running their business in Uthuan : out of map and current settings ( invasion of Tomb kings in the Old World) 

And again I think GW don’t want to mix it up with AoS Teclis and Tyrion. 

19 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Exactly 👍 

Teclis and Tyrion are probably running their business in Uthuan : out of map and current settings ( invasion of Tomb kings in the Old World) 

And again I think GW don’t want to mix it up with AoS Teclis and Tyrion. 

Considering that Malerion is now Malerion in ToW, I don't think mixing them would be a problem. Also, Tyrion and Teclis minis in AoS are very likely a tiny model next to a big celestial beast, while the ToW equivalent would be just the tiny model without the beast xD

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Considering that Malerion is now Malerion in ToW, I don't think mixing them would be a problem. Also, Tyrion and Teclis minis in AoS are very likely a tiny model next to a big celestial beast, while the ToW equivalent would be just the tiny model without the beast xD

Exactly. 😄 I don't think any player would use a dismounted resin Teclis as a substitute for Teclis the god and vice versa.

When Tyrion comes to AoS, I also don't think he will resemble his old model at all.

Hopefully we will know more in after Nova.

• Haha 1