Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

12 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Excited to see where they go fleshing out Asavar Kul, love the nods to named Chaos Champions active during the era, the scope of finding out about the lieutenants of Kul's lieutenants before we get to the big stuff, and can't wait to know what Frydaal the Chainmaker's deal is.

Big puke emoji for Undecided focus though. Bleh, diet Chaos

🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

can't wait to know what Frydaal the Chainmaker's deal is.

Something like "I'm a Chaos Lord, I raid and kill puny beings in the South lands !" :P

Undivided Chaos is true Chaos, not fake Chaos like devoting yourself to one god. Chaos is anarchy, Chaos has no master. Praise Chaos ! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

Excited to see where they go fleshing out Asavar Kul, love the nods to named Chaos Champions active during the era, the scope of finding out about the lieutenants of Kul's lieutenants before we get to the big stuff, and can't wait to know what Frydaal the Chainmaker's deal is.

Big puke emoji for Undecided focus though. Bleh, diet Chaos

🤮

I can't wait for the first campaign book. Although tome is a better word in the same way as they are doing for HH. It will be amazing!

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/08/27/old-world-almanack-chaos-in-the-old-world/

Todays Almanack is perhaps one of the most exciting development aspects of Old World I have seen in 2 years. It’s almost ad good as a Road Map because they tell us that they’re doing Old World for the long Haul. And they’re diving into the Lore much  deeper than I anticipated. Looking at frontline captains, of Lieutenants of the EVERCHOSEN! 

That explains much much more about how the development of Old World is going - but and this is a BIG BUT. And it’s a continuation of a conversation I had on the man rumour thread. And that was the comparison between the HH development in its nascent. Its started with a few big characters, and a few newly conceived ones to fill out the narrative. It took well over 10 years to get to some key characters with some still jot having a mini or profile. And whilst the hype of HH, and Even HH the Reboot were both exceptionally high, the slow drip of releases made the Range a little Stagnant and put off collectors from investing. I don’t know if this applies in the same fashion to Old World  as its something returning after 10 years that people have long held a candle for. 

TLDR, I hope the releases pick up pace, I hope hype for the game and minis continues i. The longterm, and I hope the design studio continues full whack so I can get my Paws on what I’m sure will be an Outstandingly beautiful Asvar Kul and High King Alriksson. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

I mean she clearly also makes chains 😬🤷‍♂️

If the Chaos Dwarfs weren't legacied I reckon she would be known for enslaving Southlanders and selling them to the CDs, though I guess she could still do that even with the CDs being legacied.

"Chainbreaker" says liberator to me, so "Chainmaker" would be enslaver.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goatforce said:

If the Chaos Dwarfs weren't legacied I reckon she would be known for enslaving Southlanders and selling them to the CDs, though I guess she could still do that even with the CDs being legacied.

"Chainbreaker" says liberator to me, so "Chainmaker" would be enslaver.

If you think about it, Chaos Dwarfs were a Legacy Army even before Legacy Armies were a thing. They were the OG Army that existed Lore with no supported army. 

I miss those Evil Little Baskets. 

My not yet awake brain read Frydaal the Chainmaker as Frydaal the Chairmaker, which brought to mind Cheradenine Zakalwe/Elethiomel from Use of Weapons. Imagine Zakalwe as an agent of Chaos, infiltrating mortal armies to win wars that set up favourable situation for when the Great War comes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trokair said:

My not yet awake brain read Frydaal the Chainmaker as Frydaal the Chairmaker, which brought to mind Cheradenine Zakalwe/Elethiomel from Use of Weapons. Imagine Zakalwe as an agent of Chaos, infiltrating mortal armies to win wars that set up favourable situation for when the Great War comes. 

Culty/insurgent Chaos isn't something we see enough of, but I'm not sure there's much of an Empire left to destabilise after 700 years of deadlocked civil war.

Still gutted TOW's decided to establish Asavar Kul as an established warlord 25 years prior to the Great War Against Chaos, and we don't get incarnations of him per a bad guy Valten, roaming the world as he collects various Treasures of Chaos.

valtens.jpg.ad101ccf482a6112dd409e93201217de.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kronos said:

TLDR, I hope the releases pick up pace, I hope hype for the game and minis continues i. The longterm, and I hope the design studio continues full whack so I can get my Paws on what I’m sure will be an Outstandingly beautiful Asvar Kul and High King Alriksson. 

Named characters are nice and all, but I'd rather see new factions coming in like Kislev and Norsca (Cathay, I aknowledge it's maybe a bit too far from the Old World to be coming soon).

Having all of the 9 armies miniatures available will be already good as 1st step. Picking up the pace for that is the minimum, I'll allow them more time for the real addons later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sarouan said:

Named characters are nice and all, but I'd rather see new factions coming in like Kislev and Norsca (Cathay, I aknowledge it's maybe a bit too far from the Old World to be coming soon).

Having all of the 9 armies miniatures available will be already good as 1st step. Picking up the pace for that is the minimum, I'll allow them more time for the real addons later.

I find it a little weird that Kislev is the obvious choice for a new army (being in the literal Old World), but we've had more (reliable, i.e.: Whitefang IIRC) rumours of Cathay coming soon(er in the pretty distant future).

On 4/2/2024 at 1:21 AM, Whitefang said:

Nah it's just they aren't able to release them at the moment. 

Whitefang confirmed both in response to someone talking about the "Kislev/Cathay cancellation", and I doubt we'll start getting hints/teasers until after the core factions/arcane journals are done, and whatever campaign books/supplements they have planned.

Edited by Sathrut
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sathrut said:

Whitefang confirmed both in response to someone talking about the "Kislev/Cathay cancellation", and I doubt we'll start getting hints/teasers until after the core factions/arcane journals are done, and whatever campaign books/supplements they have planned.

I can see Cathay or Kislev being released or at least announced next year tbh. We seem to be speeding up with releases and imo the major hurdle here is getting core races released as they probably have to use a lot of production capacity to stock and release 9 entire ranges from nothing, I doubt supplement books and units would require nearly the capacity and could run alongside new army releases (especially if some of the units released are old kits that simply haven't transferred to OW yet like Squig Gobba and Collossal Squig which I don't think are in the GS book).

Hell, GW may well have Kislev and/or Cathay basically done and just be waiting for capacity to free up for the first wave to be put into full production.

Either way I cannot wait to see the roadmap! Will likely make a lot of things clearer!

Edit, also my wallet will be in danger when Cathay releases. God forbid if we get Khuresh and Nippon too! I doubt I could retain any financial resposibility!

Edited by Goatforce

Rules are always the easy part when it comes to launching a new range, and one of the selling points for OW internally is the cheaper production costs, launching a whole new range, especially a chancy one like another human army is no small thing... Id probably expect something like a new wave for an existing army first to test the water? Probably with a campaign book or second journal? 

Given they are bringing up Kul as a character too id expect Kislev first maybe? Who knows though, he may have been an eastern marauder and been fighting Cathay lots.

ToW Roadmap:

2024 Chaos > 2025 Empire > High Elves

Mention about Praag and the Battles around Kislev.

Next to march out against the forces of darkness will be the Empire of Man, bringing with them a host of returning plastic, metal, and resin – as well as a collection of totally new models, and an Arcane Journal bursting with good stuff. Get your Nuln Oil ready…

Following a little while behind (delayed by some delicious intrigue at court) are the High Elves, Merwyrming their way back in with their own host of classic kits plus a nautical new character.

Edited by Ejecutor

80p5IzGcF8BEY4Jd.jpg

Next to march out against the forces of darkness will be the Empire of Man, bringing with them a host of returning plastic, metal, and resin – as well as a collection of totally new models, and an Arcane Journal bursting with good stuff. Get your Nuln Oil ready…

Following a little while behind (delayed by some delicious intrigue at court) are the High Elves, Merwyrming their way back in with their own host of classic kits plus a nautical new character.

From WarCom.

Well, Empire is a nice suprise. Really looking forward to the Arcane journal and it seems there will be a new plastic hero?

A bit sad, that after WoC which are on pre-order this saturday and the only truely new thing is the Arcane journal there is nothing new until 2025. I really expected HE for november.

• Like 1